Thread: Dear Devs: Thoughts on Gold Loot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Dear Devs: Thoughts on Gold Loot

Since devs are becoming more active on forums, I'd like to hear from them about gold loot.

Do you guys think its healthy for the game that people are making gold without giving anything in return? (Gold Loot gears can be sold too)

Comparing it to traditional farming: players would farm items and richer players would buy it from them. Gold was getting cycled here.

I am pretty sure you guys know what gold inflation means. Gold has lost its value thus a lot of gold is required to provide as much value as less gold would before.

I'd like to hear your thoughts, I am sure you guys had a good reason for it, just curious.

As a suggestion, remove gold loot from awakening table for upcoming lvl 75 gears, nerf the amount of gold drop from ESG

Sincerely,
    Azedz

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Azedz For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azedz View Post
    Since devs are becoming more active on forums, I'd like to hear from them about gold loot.

Do you guys think its healthy for the game that people are making gold without giving anything in return? (Gold Loot gears can be sold too)

Comparing it to traditional farming: players would farm items and richer players would buy it from them. Gold was getting cycled here.

I am pretty sure you guys know what gold inflation means. Gold has lost its value thus a lot of gold is required to provide as much value as less gold would before.

I'd like to hear your thoughts, I am sure you guys had a good reason for it, just curious.

As a suggestion, remove gold loot from awakening table for upcoming lvl 75 gears, nerf the amount of gold drop from ESG

Sincerely,
    Azedz

Well if gold is more valuable items price will drop but getting gold would be harder as well so it’s basically the same as now easy farming gold more expensive items.Also,it can’t be possibly be that small amount of gold being cycled around if it was many people would have quit a long time ago.

-1 to this idea

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gangsster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Not everyone can afford gl items m8, but everyone could try to loot items from maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Farming items like Locks?
    Sorry they are 2k each

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

As a suggestion, remove gold loot from awakening table for upcoming lvl 75 gears
    atm in game enough cheap unskilled mages with outdated gears, dont need to make other classes being same

nerf the amount of gold drop from ESG
    +1, will better to remove that gold drop from all elite underhul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Gold loot is only one of many way to make gold, i myself never had any gl on my items (i have 10 from location and 12 more when farming mauso cuz of the set bonus), i farm mostly mauso 6 for token and drop, and i manage to make some nice gold during all the events,
    my aim is big stats not gl, imo good stats make any run in any maps a lot more fast and enjoyable, i'm not that rich but i'm not that poor also.

But one thing is that i always have fun playing this game, when players focus only on gold they lose the essence of the game: Having fun!

Just my thought

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Progression requires investment....
    No one starts out with OP gl

They build their way up.
    If you want more than you have work harder.
    If your not willing to work harder don't complain that some one else did.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Midgard_papa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midgard_papa View Post
    Progression requires investment....
    No one starts out with OP gl

They build their way up.
    If you want more than you have work harder.
    If your not willing to work harder don't complain that some one else did.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Amen.

11chars

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marosok For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Dude I don't think so nerfing esg or underhaul would make any difference.
    Every pro players was once a nab and they worked all the way to the top.and affording gl gears is not a big deal.buy a desire set or
    Some legendary gears with gl awaken Which is really cheap.and u may ask me how to make money to afford the gl gears.
    Farm elite southern seas,elite oltgar keep for elite golden chests and sell them I did the same to make money.i used to make 1 mil within 5 days when I was a nab by doing the elite chest method.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Sure taking away gold from esg will have an effect. Is it good to do? Probably no. Newer people need an area to earn gold before mauso(which is a 2+ year olf maps anyways). I would agree to stop the ESG farming, maybe push them to the other "Underhul" maps.

Sts needs to look at gold loot closely, ad its hard for the new to get gl awakes, and every month i feell gl is "fixed"

Sts, u need work on, items not gl, im attuned to it but its a money grab alot wont dabble in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaaayerrr View Post
    atm in game enough cheap unskilled mages with outdated gears, dont need to make other classes being same

+1, will better to remove that gold drop from all elite underhul

Sincerely,
    Azedz

Gold loot farming is an excellent addition because this way, your "time & investment" can pay off more..... In the past AL era, farming was much more "grueling" and may have only been suitable for some of the more "experienced" classic RPG gamers...... This = more activity.....

I'm still trying to comprehend "why" any player would be against "gold loot" when they can get/invest in the same thing....... If you are rich, why does it matter??? If you aren't rich, why hate it???????
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 02-16-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post

Gold loot farming is an excellent addition because this way, your "time & investment" can pay off more..... In the past AL era, farming was much more "grueling" and may have only been suitable for some of the more "experienced" classic RPG gamers...... This = more activity.....

I'm still trying to comprehend "why" any player would be against "gold loot" when they can get/invest in the same thing....... If you are rich, why does it matter??? If you aren't rich, why hate it???????
    Think of it in an economical way, let's say if anyone can fine a bag filled with couple thousand dollars ever minute, how much will dollars worth then?

The harder something is to get the more it worths

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Think of it in an economical way, let's say if anyone can fine a bag filled with couple thousand dollars ever minute, how much will dollars worth then?

The harder something is to get the more it worths

A "found" bag of money = the result of a "loss" or "misfortune"........

That's a "bad" comparison to use for the purpose of "putting an exclamation on it".........

Please explain how keeping people more active, interested, and engaged is leading to a diminished community????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    A "found" bag of money = the result of a "loss" or "misfortune"........

That's a "bad" comparison to use for the purpose of "putting an exclamation on it".........

Please explain how keeping people more active, interested, and engaged is leading to a diminished community????
    Bag of money was an example, could be finding treasure chests in real life

think of better ways of keeping community more active

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Bag of money was an example, could be finding treasure chests in real life

think of better ways of keeping community more active

*Sighs*........................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

There has to be a way for players to earn gold (yes created out of nowhere for nothing, you think some guy took $1 worth of gold and exchanged it for $1 note and that's where paper money comes from?) whether it be farming items to sell or farming gold directly it is necessary for all players to have access to base currency or the economy would fail (irl this is known as work huhu)

The way I see it, everybody has the same opportunity to obtain gl awakes/gears/pets and the process is equitable (unlike irl)

Regarding gold having "lost its value" ... Well... It never had any value to start with. There is a perceived value of items in game which relies on the willingness of sellers/buyers to agree an amount to complete trade deals, this value will fluctuate with the availability and ease of which a player can earn/loot gold/items.

The price of items and the value of gold is dictated by STS drop rates of both gold and items. In effect if STS so desired they could easily manipulate the economy to make 1m gold an op amount or 500m seem like pocket change. They can change loot drop % (as we've recently seen in the last few events locked crates are not worth opening even with big stacks of platinum, I feel they're pushing people to sell awake gems for some reason) and gold drop amounts as they see fit, hopefully they do this to benefit the economy in conjunction with making profits irl.

In conclusion STS determines what your gold is worth and must believe what they have implemented is healthy for the game or they would have nerfed the hell out of it already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Bad idea some players spent so many time for farming golds in maps..and u want to make them lose them all?-1 from me Nty would be better to increase the max of gold to 999m.Farming lockeds etc is dead now but would be nice sts to make something about it!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Sincerely,
    Azedz

How long have you been playing AL? And yes it is a relevant question.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk