Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Still in Beta End Rushers Suggestions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Default Still in Beta End Rushers Suggestions!

Don't like rushers?
    Hate being rushed?
    What do you think would be a good way to prevent this??

Here is an example of how to stop rushing

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s:499003

I'm with you on rushing. It's lame here because there is no form of waiting till everyone is ready. It would be great if when joining a game you could choose a team enter the map. But no dmg can be done until everyone clicks "ready to play".

Suggestions below! Lets make SL pvp nothing like PL pvp, no rushing
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Revolution! I never had a bad PvP experience in SL yet. But if I see trouble I can boot pretty hard.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Or this, though explained in many threads.

Quote Originally Posted by roufus View Post
    You think y'all could make the spawn portals like a safe zone that u can exit but not return to so that while your waiting for your team to arrive u don't get rushed

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun:499048
    Revolution! I never had a bad PvP experience in SL yet. But if I see trouble I can boot pretty hard.
    Trust me buddy, booting them makes rushers real mad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:499052
    Or this, though explained in many threads.

Quote Originally Posted by roufus View Post
    You think y'all could make the spawn portals like a safe zone that u can exit but not return to so that while your waiting for your team to arrive u don't get rushed

Yes Ty bud I forgot to add that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    How do you boot something you can't see

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    Yes Ty bud I forgot to add that!
    No problem, if this was implemented it would help alot!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Or perhaps, just perhaps, players could sacrifice their K/D ratios to improve their skills enough to be able to play the way the game it is, instead of trying to make everyone else play by their rules.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Or perhaps, just perhaps, players could sacrifice their K/D ratios to improve their skills enough to be able to play the way the game it is, instead of trying to make everyone else play by their rules.
    LoL get off your high horse. Join a game. And join the team with less players. Example the team with no players. Get rushed by 3 guys. Learn to play better? Gimmie a break.

Posts like yours irk me to no end.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Ever seen how it's done in WoW? Pretty much teams gather separately until both sides fill up and a count down takes place... Once door opens for both sides, game on!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    LoL get off your high horse. Join a game. And join the team with less players. Example the team with no players. Get rushed by 3 guys. Learn to play better? Gimmie a break.

Posts like yours irk me to no end.
    Getting rushed by one player is different then getting rushed by three. At least I think is. I could be wrong, it might be the same. Hmm, sorry, my bad.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Let me reiterate what I said. When I play the PvP, I tell everybody to wait for the signal at the beginning of the game. When both sides are even and we all say "ready", we try to murder each other. I suggested a small room or something to occupy us while waiting or spectating in a safe zone in a different thread. I've never had one person disregard me asking them to hold up for the others. I hate booting and if I did I would be inviting them back in my reason why telling them to think over what they did and that they are welcome to return. So far the PvP in SL is WAY better than the PL one.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Alls fair in love and war

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff:499066
    If you're going to do these kinds of replies, please don't post on here anymore. I take it your pro-rushing, so go play an all rusher game. This is for the people against rushing, so please I ask refrain from these kinds of replies. All this will do is cause a flame war, your a GoA so you can understand you should stop. I'll only ask once.

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun:499087
    Let me reiterate what I said. When I play the PvP, I tell everybody to wait for the signal at the beginning of the game. When both sides are even and we all say "ready", we try to murder each other. I suggested a small room or something to occupy us while waiting or spectating in a safe zone in a different thread. I've never had one person disregard me asking them to hold up for the others. I hate booting and if I did I would be inviting them back in my reason why telling them to think over what they did and that they are welcome to return. So far the PvP in SL is WAY better than the PL one.

I wish all players listened like that! :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
    Ever seen how it's done in WoW? Pretty much teams gather separately until both sides fill up and a count down takes place... Once door opens for both sides, game on!
    I've done a few games like this. Gather ur 3v3 then FFA (free for all) till one team hits 10 kills then redo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    If you're going to do these kinds of replies, please don't post on here anymore. I take it your pro-rushing, so go play an all rusher game. This is for the people against rushing, so please I ask refrain from these kinds of replies. All this will do is cause a flame war, your a GoA so you can understand you should stop. I'll only ask once.
    Javi you can't make these kind of threads and then tell people they can't have the opposite opinion...There are two sides to this, and both sides deserve to be said, be it through actual...paragraphs...or witty sarcasm-driven comments. Fluffnstuff makes a very valid point in the fact that the only reason everyone is complaining is because they're dying. If people were rushing and you still killed them, the these threads wouldn't exist. I personally would find it very lame if every time I wanted to fight someone I had to play 20 questions with them before I could attack. Where's the fun in that? If I wanted to play turn based combat I'd play one of those script all-words rpg games. You're in pvp, it's kill or be killed. If you're in my zone, I'm gonna take you out, and I'm sure not going to warn you first. Don't join the game if there aren't people on each team. I sat in the little pick teams page for a while today waiting for it to fill.

Sometimes a counter-attack defense is better than a rushers offense. Gotta be ready for both. Rushers come in and spam skills to try to get you. Have a counter defense ready, and if you die, so be it. Respawn, and go again.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Once you say 'go', it is on till the ten count, right? There is no 'wait till my cool down on such and such skill is done' or 'wait for my health to regenerate after I kill you'? If so, that is cool. I might be mistaken on the definition of rushers.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua:499122

Javi you can't make these kind of threads and then tell people they can't have the opposite opinion...There are two sides to this, and both sides deserve to be said, be it through actual...paragraphs...or witty sarcasm-driven comments. Fluffnstuff makes a very valid point in the fact that the only reason everyone is complaining is because they're dying. If people were rushing and you still killed them, the these threads wouldn't exist. I personally would find it very lame if every time I wanted to fight someone I had to play 20 questions with them before I could attack. Where's the fun in that? If I wanted to play turn based combat I'd play one of those script all-words rpg games. You're in pvp, it's kill or be killed. If you're in my zone, I'm gonna take you out, and I'm sure not going to warn you first. Don't join the game if there aren't people on each team. I sat in the little pick teams page for a while today waiting for it to fill.

Sometimes a counter-attack defense is better than a rushers offense. Gotta be ready for both. Rushers come in and spam skills to try to get you. Have a counter defense ready, and if you die, so be it. Respawn, and go again.
    Its not that u don't want him not posting, I just don't want post that lead to a flame war.

I really don't care if I die, as many have said its kill or be killed. I really don't have a problem if I get rushed, I know I'll get up and fight back. The problem is a spawn rush, a rush while fighting someone else, and a team of rushers.

Being given some of the suggestions above would at least let you be ready.

Example:
    Teams in safe zones*
    Red team: You guys rush?
    Blue team: Yes be ready to be rushed.
    Red team then has the option to stay and fight the rushers or leave.

Like I said 1 on 1 rush no biggie, because once you respawn you know you'll be rushed so you'll be ready. If you die again you know to improve.

A 1 on 1 rush won't cause spawn rushing, because the team will step in. Once the team steps in, the rushers team steps in. Then it turns into FFA, which I have no problem with either. Once you see you have been rushed you can either stay or leave. On PL I personally don't leave if I'm being rushed, I fight back. Only time I leave is if the opposing team is spawn rushing or I'm outnumbered due to my team bailing on me.

Now you said only reason these threads exist is because people are dying? I can partially agree and disagree.

Yes some do make these threads. I'm not one of them. You may think I am because I got rushed and killed so I made the thread correct? Well that's partially correct. I only died twice against rushers. 2 deaths of rushing don't matter to me, I can care less. The thing that bugged me is the fact that it pvp was just released and there's many rushers. I made the thread so we can stop the rushing, before it becomes a team rush on spawn. As I said above and many time before. If you're rushed 1 on 1 that's fine, team rushers is what I have a problem with.

This thread is for ways to prevent these kinds of rushing. You play fair at the beginning, after that its anything goes. If you don't like it you can leave the game.

Please leave any posts that may cause a flame war in my inbox. I'll be glad to discuss that on a pm, because this is for suggestions not discussions my dear friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post

In that whole paragraph there was no constructive feed back regarding the OP's post, so that would be called a flame/troll post. Ofc Jav has the right to control his thread, if you want to counter it then do so, but always have input on the thread subject to help in some way

Heck, I voiced my opinion on someone's post before and told me to stop flaming and to go to the rules lol, then out of nowhere every post in that thread was deleted, and the person I was kind of defending as they also wanted to voice their opinion quit the guild and joined theirs... haha fun times I guess.

The whole term Rushers is being misused/understood by the sound of it, seems like others have a different opinion on the meaning. The type I have been talking about is 3 players waiting for a new spawn pretty much as soon as you join, they kill you nearly instantly you re-spawn they do the same, no waiting on 3 players to join etc, or I have been in a match when its 1v2 as I join (2v2 to make it even) then momentarily that player quits and joins the other side and rushs you, as you have no chance to even spawn.

I think the no dmg area is a great idea, though maybe to even it out as soon as the match is 3v3 then the no go zone ends and its a full FFA.
    Last edited by BodMaster; 12-01-2011 at 11:32 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff:499123

Once you say 'go', it is on till the ten count, right? There is no 'wait till my cool down on such and such skill is done' or 'wait for my health to regenerate after I kill you'? If so, that is cool. I might be mistaken on the definition of rushers.
    After the team says go, anything goes. If they're just doing 1 on 1 like on PL that'd a different story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:499146
    In that whole paragraph there was no constructive feed back regarding the OP's post, so that would be called a flame/troll post. Ofc Jav has the right to control his thread, if you want to counter it then do so, but always have input on the thread subject to help in some way

The whole term Rushers is being misused/understood by the sound of it, seems like others have a different opinion on the meaning. The type I have been talking about is 3 players waiting for a new spawn pretty much as soon as you join, they kill you nearly instantly you re-spawn they do the same, no waiting on 3 players to join etc, or I have been in a match when its 1v2 as I join then momentarily that player quits and joins the other side and rushs you, as you have no chance to even spawn.

I think the no dmg area is a great idea, though maybe to even it out as soon as the match is 3v3 then the no go zone ends and its a full FFA.

That up there scroll up if you can't see it but just a teencie weencie bit, look ^^. That is what I think a rusher is and what I don't like.

I totally agree on your suggestion, if they made that well I'm good with it. You can ask to other team if they want to FFA before the actual match starts. If they don't want to, well than I guess it'd be 1 vs 1 fights.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Taking away the ability to attack whoever whenever is WAY too limited and I'd never play an sts game if that happened. Rushers r just something u hVe to deal with. It makes pvp interesting. Standing around waiting for everyone to be ready would take away the excitement and pvp drama and a lot of people even those complaining now will get bored of pvp. Pvp was better before one vs one. It was just enter an arena and fight. It was a TEAM EFFORT TO WIN. And people weren't worried about their precious virtual stats