Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pvp feedback

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Pvp feedback

Attention Cinco, you asked for feedback so I'm going to list every single flaw that I can about PVP:

1. Commando are now the weakest class (This has been said dozens of times on forums but it keeps getting ignored) in PVP because every other class has high armor and a fair amount of dodge
    2. I was told Operatives blur can push their dodge over 40 and even over 50... That's ridiculous with the amount of dodge and armor they now have, not to mention precision boosts their crit over 100
    3. The Lash skill hits way too often and does a lot of overtime damage. The Wall bug still exists and now that damage is so high, it takes one lash against the wall to completely shred a commando or engineer in less than 10 seconds
    4. The canon gives commandos a lot of armor but it doesn't deal as much damage per second, does not give any critical attributes, and has same amount dodge as operatives or engineers so its pretty much useless in PvP now
    5. If operatives are able to deal high damage with a high hit % and all of that crit, commandos and engineers should have way more armor than them not the same amount
    6. The Honor Arena is so bad, literally nobody uses it anymore. People would rather do regular PvP than use the honor arena
    7. It's extremely unbalanced and operatives STILL DOMINATE IT... I've seen a Lvl51 Operative dominate commandos and engineers in the honor arena
    8. Forget the honor arena...
    9. Remove the mod effect on everyone's gear. I'm not saying remove mods entirely and screw over the people that invest into them. I'm saying why not make mods a requirement for PvE/Quests only and turn it off in the PvP arena, just like when the super mom bouquet event gave everyone 3x damage in PvP and STS was able to remove the effect and only make it usable in PVE... Increase the difficulty of enemies to the point where you HAVE TO HAVE 400+ dmg to get through a map. This way people will still need to buy mods if they want to Lvl up, farm, do quests etc. This could fix the PvP problem while keeping mods relevant. Everyone is going to still need mods to cap and do quest.
    10. If PvP is reversed back to its old state, MORE players will PvP since it will no longer be pay to win. Players that gave up on SL mainly because of mods would return and the game will be active again now that there's a new cap with more challenges and new gear.

Side note: I'm pretty damn good at commando and I've been pvping for years, now i get beat by players that dont know what they're doing but can literally auto shoot me to death in a fight and I've seen this happen to other good players too... Its frustrating and the main reason a lot of players don't PvP anymore.
    Last edited by MickJenkins; 02-20-2019 at 03:31 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MickJenkins For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MickJenkins View Post
    Attention Cinco, you asked for feedback so I'm going to list every single flaw that I can about PVP:

1. Commando are now the weakest class (This has been said dozens of times on forums but it keeps getting ignored) in PVP because every other class has high armor and a fair amount of dodge
    2. I was told Operatives blur can push their dodge over 40 and even over 50... That's ridiculous with the amount of dodge and armor they now have, not to mention precision boosts their crit over 100
    3. The Lash skill hits way too often and does a lot of overtime damage. The Wall bug still exists and now that damage is so high, it takes one lash against the wall to completely shred a commando or engineer in less than 10 seconds
    4. The canon gives commandos a lot of armor but it doesn't deal as much damage per second, does not give any critical attributes, and has same amount dodge as operatives or engineers so its pretty much useless in PvP now
    5. If operatives are able to deal high damage with a high hit % and all of that crit, commandos and engineers should have way more armor than them not the same amount
    6. The Honor Arena is so bad, literally nobody uses it anymore. People would rather do regular PvP than use the honor arena
    7. It's extremely unbalanced and operatives STILL DOMINATE IT... I've seen a Lvl51 Operative dominate commandos and engineers in the honor arena
    8. Forget the honor arena...
    9. Remove the mod effect on everyone's gear. I'm not saying remove mods entirely and screw over the people that invest into them. I'm saying why not make mods a requirement for PvE/Quests only and turn it off in the PvP arena, just like when the super mom bouquet event gave everyone 3x damage in PvP and STS was able to remove the effect and only make it usable in PVE... Increase the difficulty of enemies to the point where you HAVE TO HAVE 400+ dmg to get through a map. This way people will still need to buy mods if they want to Lvl up, farm, do quests etc. This could fix the PvP problem while keeping mods relevant. Everyone is going to still need mods to cap and do quest.
    10. If PvP is reversed back to its old state, MORE players will PvP since it will no longer be pay to win. Players that gave up on SL mainly because of mods would return and the game will be active again now that there's a new cap with more challenges and new gear.

Side note: I'm pretty damn good at commando and I've been pvping for years, now i get beat by players that dont know what they're doing but can literally auto shoot me to death in a fight and I've seen this happen to other good players too... Its frustrating and the main reason a lot of players don't PvP anymore.
    The honor arena exist because you don't want the mods in pvp, but you don't like the honor arena. You are literally complaining for no reason. Contradictory can only go so far. Also the commandos aren't the weakest class, you just don't seem to be as good as you think you are. Killing random noobs doesn't make you good.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Charles_Shadwick View Post
    The honor arena exist because you don't want the mods in pvp, but you don't like the honor arena. You are literally complaining for no reason. Contradictory can only go so far. Also the commandos aren't the weakest class, you just don't seem to be as good as you think you are. Killing random noobs doesn't make you good.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    I'm not one of these players that get kicks out of beating regular pvpers. My old commando's name was Supahboy and I was on every PvP list of top commando pvpers that have been on forums, go and check if you don't believe me. I know the ins and outs of commando and what sets, armor, and implants are good and which are not. I've pvped against great players before mods were added, from the best operatives to the best engineers. I've pvped for so long that I can tell you the best players of each class throughout the years... I know my stuff. That's why its so easy for me to list things wrong with PvP but apparently you thought I was one of these commoners that are just upset because they are losing? The actual pvpers are going extinct, I'm just the one stubborn enough to stick around because i don't want to give up hope quite yet.
    I am not lying to you when i say the honor arena is nonsense... A FREAKING LEVEL 51 OPERATIVE WAS BEATING COMMANDOS AND ENGINEERS LIKE DRUMS. The honor arena is obviously not the answer because nobody uses it. WE'D ALL RATHER HAVE REGULAR PVP BACK. And when I say WE, I'm talking about the majority of the community that remains. Every time i enter a PvP room, we can all agree on 1 thing (including operatives), PvP needs a big change and the honor arena is never mentioned. I'm not complaining for no reason, you're just not hearing me. The honor arena is not the answer that the community wants... The major flaw in the honor arena is; you strip everyone of their gear to remove the mods and we're all stuck with base stats, fighting each other with max skills using level 5 armor. A commando or Engineer can't tank without armor and like I said in the feedback, the wall glitch still exists, so that will always be an extra advantage for operatives when their lash hits 8/10 times. If you're going to make a honor arena, use the endgame gear minus the mods and give each class a variety of weapons, shields, and implants to choose from.

Edit: Shut up Charles, you aren't even a pvper lol. I read your comment, thinking it was Cinco's response before reading the name. Figured he'd say something along these lines so I didn't feel like deleting what I typed lol
    Last edited by MickJenkins; 02-20-2019 at 09:49 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MickJenkins For This Useful Post:

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

At its most popular PvP participation is a teeny-tiny fraction of the active player base.

Honor Gear was created as an alternative to ITEM.MOD PvP and will remain.

If you care about PVP without mods you should provide the feedback necessary to improve Honor PvP.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    At its most popular PvP participation is a teeny-tiny fraction of the active player base.

Honor Gear was created as an alternative to ITEM.MOD PvP and will remain.

If you care about PVP without mods you should provide the feedback necessary to improve Honor PvP.
    If you're going to make a honor arena, use the endgame gear minus the mods and give each class a variety of weapons, shields, and implants to choose from.

^^^^

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

I'll help you...

Commando - 'Weakest Class' - Would you advocate for additional health on a gear basis? Or perhaps more dodge on a skills basis?
    Commando vs. Operative - 'Blur' - Would you advocate for the Commando, Engineer to have an active way to break the Operative's self buff? Or maybe self buffs for Commando and Engineer that make up for the difference?
    Commando - 'Cannon' - Are you advocating that the Commando needs to achieve the same DPS as an Operative when certain skills are in use? If this is only in a 1v1 context maybe the real issue is supporting 1v1 and forgetting about team PvP entirely.

Full disclosure with respect to ITEM.MODS - they are fundamental to the way your item exists. Unlike pets or item set buffs, the ITEM.MOD cannot be turned on / off. It was designed this way to keep the item data design intact. We did not design or implement ITEM.MODS in a fashion that they could be activated / deactivated. This is why Honor is my solution.

I respect and appreciate your continued feedback!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MickJenkins View Post
    If you're going to make a honor arena, use the endgame gear minus the mods and give each class a variety of weapons, shields, and implants to choose from.

^^^^
    I like the idea of making an 'Honor Elite' set that employs endgame statistics :-)
    Not something I'll have ready for the level cap release this week - but something I should be able to do in the future.
    | | | |

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hello!Pro Op Here Completly agree with you shad. Honor Should Regular Gear with no mods so its fair because it takes different gear to make a certain class be able to play PvP well

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I like the idea of making an 'Honor Elite' set that employs endgame statistics :-)
    Not something I'll have ready for the level cap release this week - but something I should be able to do in the future.
    Now that is good news. If the honor arena uses duplicates of all the endgame gear without mods, that would definitely be something worth coming back for. Skills vs Skills instead of the best mods win!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MickJenkins For This Useful Post: