Thread: Curious About Ebon Staff? See This!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

After using the staff for awhile here’s my opinion:

Obviously it has the highest damage in the game but it wasn’t overly noticable than other weapons. Personally, hex staff still works well on easier mobs and immo on harder mobs, but if you want pure stats, ebon is the way to go.

The heal from the proc was not too useful. Most people have auto pots on so the heal doesn’t have much opportunity and even then it’s not op. I had mana pots set on auto and never once used a mana pot due to the mana proc (wasn’t using lifegiver/mana pets).

As far as the reflect goes, I honestly didn’t notice it much. Partially due to the constant stun, freeze etc that parties are capable of doing but also because, well, mages aren’t supposed to take damage. Over all was disapointed with this part of the proc as I expected a lot more given the rarity and the price. Imo, it would be nice to rework so the reflect does significantly more or it procs a reflect that works for your whole party.

All in all, I wasn’t overly impressed with the staff as compared to the old fashion weapons (hex, immo, ds). I was really hoping a new op arcane would take over for mages but with all honesty, the old weapons work just as well. I even found old weapons working better/faster than the ebon staff, so hope sts considers buffing it.

Note: Only played in pve so no idea how it works in pvp. Maps that I tested extensively were: swamp, deep marsh, and esg.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post: