Thread: Curious About Ebon Staff? See This!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Curious About Ebon Staff? See This!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    I'd like to share my opinion about this staff.
    For me its kinda no sense that proc is based on dmg taken since most of mages skills have stun upgrades.
    Im using ebon staff and i had to remove all stun upgrades from skills, also masteries like time shift.

If i continue using same skills setup that i've been using for years, with stun and root upgrades for better crowd control, i find that proc is almost useless and i only rely on raw dmg from it. If i stun mobs, they don't attack me so i cant reflect anything. So how proc is designed is against mage job imho. If only reflection from proc were higher (not like aegis but closer) maybe i wouldn't have any problem. But actually mages have to sacrifice main part of their job if they want to enjoy a bit this weapon proc. Also not always good for pt, if i run with no good geared players, maybe they would prefer me using stun upgrades and weaker weapon before my current setup and ebon staff.

On the other hand, i dont know why the latest gear for mage doesn't have %crit. Ebon rifle/staff doesn't have, new endless set lvl71 doesn't have and new tainted staff lvl71 doesn't have. I think it would be nice to have some %crit on all this gears so we can do some significant dmg while using lighting strike, is not doing much atm.

Anyways this is what i think about ebon staff and latest gear and would be nice to know the opinion of others
    Another thing I wanna point out is that warriors are constantly taunting enemies, so that's one more weakness of the proc.

So far, I like the staff and I think it's great for soloing and I don't have to use Lifegiver as much, but these weaknesses slightly make me regret selling my soul to get it. Maybe if the buff applies to nearby allies as well it would make me feel better.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 02-23-2019 at 04:47 AM.