Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Default Level 27 mage guide

LEVEL 27 MAGE GUIDE
    Over the span of a couple years playing I’ve become one of the better mages at level 27. I’ve gotten bored because there’s really no competition and figured I’d share my knowledge.
    So basically to start off you’re gonna need a medium to higher drain build, because with rovgs in the game now, it’s kinda the meta.
    BUILD
    6 blessing of might
    6 blessing of vitality
    6 lightning
    1 mana shield
    1 frostbite
    1 firestorm
    2 heal
    3 drain
    This is the one of the more effective builds for paw / 1h weapons that have extra armor. The reason it’s so effective is that you don’t have to rely so much on drain, unlike other builds / gear due to having higher heal as well as being able to eat more damage. I’ll explain more in the attributes section.
    ATTRIBUTES
    1 str
    40 dex
    99 int
    The reason you need these attributes is because it provides quite a few hit % and 1-2 crit with the 40 dex. Along with almost 100 int which dishes out more skill dmg and significantly higher heals. Higher heals are arguably the most important part of using mage at a competitive level at 27. It helps you to be not so reliant on drain, because the higher heals help you get back the bit of hp you missed out on from drain if drain misses. Which is super important.
    GEAR
    Gear is kind of optional, but these are the most effective right now at lvl27 pvp if you decide to take the 1h route. I’ll make a guide for fbow mage if enough ask for it.
    Wand-
    lvl25 monkey paw / lvl20 rose wand / lvl25 crystalline wand / lvl20 candle wand / lvl20-25 toy man wand.
    Shield-
    lvl20 black heart / lvl25 evidence bracer / lvl25 shrunken head.
    Helm-
    lvl25 STR Halloween bone helm
    Armor-
    lvl25 STR Halloween marrow mantle
    Amulet-
    lvl10 flappy’s power pendant (optional but it does help a LOT)
    Extra-
    Lvl1 founders helm (optional but it does help a LOT)

PLAYSTYLE
    VS MAGE
    Start every fight with lightning. I usually start with lightning fire. These 2 skills dish out a very high amount of damage right at the very beginning of a fight, causing the opponent to either heal, drain or ms. If they heal first, use frost. That way they can’t move, and u can play ranges. If they drain first, immediately counter it with a drain of your own. If they ms, just play it regularly. ALWAYS COUNTER DRAIN.
    What that means is, never use drain unless they use it first, then use it immediately after. OR drain first if you are a little below half.
    VS BEAR
    I prefer to just tank their damage instead of kite because kiting with 1 fire is almost impossible. I prefer to start with drain light fire and save heal until they use hs or cb and counter their debuff. It’s fairly easy once you learn the ropes.
    VS BIRD
    Birds are almost non-existent, but use drain, light, fire, ms then heal and combo them until they die.
    VS RHINO
    Use frost, drain, light, fire, heal, and just try to do as much damage as possible. They aren’t very good at 27 so it should be fairly easy.
    VS FOX
    Fox is tricky. Start with frost, drain, and ms once you’re below 3/4 because they do dmg quick. Lightning, fire, and spam your damage skills as much as possible. Only use heal after they use shred armor. You’ll see a blue star under your character icon, which is when you’ll need to heal.
    Last edited by Snacking; 02-22-2019 at 09:37 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Snacking For This Useful Post: