Thread: How do I open slots on an item

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default How do I open slots on an item

Silly question I know but havent really explored upgrading items. How do I unlock the additional slots on an item?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

use elite awakening gems or awakening gems to unlock its random slot opening GL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Awakening elixir from store 5k gold and then further enhancements available by using awakening gems (farmable/purchasable in auction) or elite awakening gems (plat only in store and seriously overpriced for gold in auction)

Almost always better/cheaper to buy an item fully awakened with good awakes than blowing your brains out on trying to do it yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idly View Post
    Awakening elixir from store 5k gold and then further enhancements available by using awakening gems (farmable/purchasable in auction) or elite awakening gems (plat only in store and seriously overpriced for gold in auction)

Almost always better/cheaper to buy an item fully awakened with good awakes than blowing your brains out on trying to do it yourself.
    I just wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone "knows" the exact difference(s) between "Elite Awakening Gems" and "Regular Awakening Gems"?????? Mainly, I wanted to know if The "elites" have a "higher" slot unlock chance than the "non-elite" gem version????

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    I just wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone "knows" the exact difference(s) between "Elite Awakening Gems" and "Regular Awakening Gems"?????? Mainly, I wanted to know if The "elites" have a "higher" slot unlock chance than the "non-elite" gem version????
    wow this is the first post ive ever seen of you, where you don't have a single period in your reply @.@

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gufugufutwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gufugufutwo View Post
    wow this is the first post ive ever seen of you, where you don't have a single period in your reply @.@

Dang... I'm "slipping up"..... LOL....... I have to make sure that doesn't happen again.... LOL..........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    Here's your answer:

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    If you don't like what you have rolled, you can try again until you are satisfied. There are two ways to re-roll:

• Awakening Gem (craftable from a new type of drop called incense fragments which drop from mobs around Arlor)
    • Elite Awakening Gem (tradable kits purchasable for platinum)

All slots are remapped when you reroll. Both gems roll for any of the possible enhancements, the only difference between these two is the Elite Awakening Gem gives you better odds for rolling better things and opening up additional slots (if the item will support it).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebereasider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

When you do enough awakens, you will see the Elite Awakening Gems give much better stats more easily. When I did just normal Awakening gems, there were some stats I never saw until I used Elite gems.

Anyways, to do the initial awaken, you need an Awakening Elixir. If you do not have any, clicking on Awaken on an item will take you to the Store where you can purchase Awakening Elixirs for 5k gold each. I usually buy like 10-20 at a time.

After the initial awaken, you can use either crafted Awakening Gems or purchased Elite Awakening Gems (from auction or plat store) to do additional awakens. Opening additional slots is random. I think Elite Awakening Gems seem a bit faster, but that could just be an impression.

Getting the awakens you want actually takes a lot of time and gold/plat. Sometimes, it WILL be better to just buy an item with the awakens you want.

The current Tainted set, however, is new and awakens have just started. I have mostly finished opening slots but getting the right stats is taking some time. Jeweling will also take time. I will be finishing up this stuff AFTER the event, when I can just sit while my new equips are being upgraded.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks all. Figured it was random and odds not stacked in your favour like everything in this game