Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] List of Improvements We'd Like to See in Arcane Legends (v. 2.0)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The ability to lock up to TWO slots on items’ awakens (dependant on each item rarity)

I think that being able to lock slots on awakens would do a lot to bring back balance and activity in PvP. Many people quit or don’t bother with PvP because it is heavily reliant on having the best awakens, and to not have them means you get farmed 24/7. If you could lock two slots on an arcane item, only two more would rely on RNG, which I think gives fair odds to people awakening items. Respectively, you could be only allowed to lock one slot on mythic items, and no slots on legendary. Also, a certain quantity of story tokens or platinum (e.g. 75-100 plat) would be required in order to do this. If someone wishes to utilise the locking system, it would require 30-40 elite awakenings worth to do so, which I think many would be willing to do. However, with a token alternative, free players would also be able to benefit, encouraging more growth in PvP. The only alternative to this, in my opinion, is to disable awakens all together.

In previous posts I have received criticism that this would impact STS ability to make money, which is of course important for the well-being of the game, but that leads me to my next point...

Create new items that span across every level

These items could have competitive stats with whatever gear exists at a certain level, encouraging people to awaken more new items. I think the best way to avoid getting to the point where everyone has their ideal gear, and they stop awakening gear, is to simply add more items to the game. It would be fun if these items had unique benefits/bonuses that would encourage people to use them. For example, one set may not have the best stats, but it provides constant hp OR mana regen to their team, stacking once. Another set could provide a damage bonus to their team, but doesn’t stack with others. And maybe another set could provide a 20% reduction of skill cooldowns, with a reduction of stats to counter insane dmg output etc.**these are simply a few ideas to get the creative juices running, so apologies if they are flawed. The point is, people would be encouraged to continue awakening items if certain sets or items provide some sort of benefit. And by having multiple options, especially ones that don’t stack/have a limit of how many times they stack with their teammates, you encourage awakening over a range of items, as there is no single item that is single handedly the best for every class (e.g. rendtail ring). PvP would also benefit from the team play required to make the most of the bonuses.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Olympus For This Useful Post: