Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Feedback Thread for Purchasing High and Low level Dungeon Access

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade:500226
    To me it encourages low level players to leech and power level.
    This is exactly my concern.

Low levels power get level and leech off higher levels, so you end up with players who are at high level and barely know how to play. This is bad, and should have stayed abolished.

Higher levels SHOULD NOT get kills with this elixir. Xp in lower level instances for a change of scenery is ok.

Please fix this for both games.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

1. Boot em, or lock your game.
    2. Why shouldn't they? (not neccesarily disagreeing just wanting your opinion)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    To everyone who is upset about kill counts being boosted-

There is one word I have for you. It's called "elixars." Kill count was screwed as soon as they added elixars for damage armor speed, etc. If you don't have money for elixars, you are probably not gonna hit the leaderboard. All this new elixar is doing is making it all the more easy to get kills...

And one more thing, I find it rather ironic that people complain about this elixar making it easy for kills to get boosted, when it would be just as easy to reinable xp lock kills. Think about it, if high levels get kills quicker, they already have an advantage over lower levels getting kills at a set level. Nuff said

As Sindrom put it in The Incredibles, "When everyone's super, no one will be." In other words, if everyone's a booster, no one is.

My opinions on the new elixars? I like them. I like them alot. I don't know how many times I've wanted to play with my lower level friends and still gain progress. This helps immensly! Thank you sts. Thank you.

~MM
    I got my kills without use of elixirs. Never even tried a free one. Money should not be the reason why people are on leaderboards and this is what these elixirs will cause. There's a level of pride felt when you achieve something through hard work and dedication that simply can not be purchased.

No, it's easier to get kills in lower levels. When I was level 61, acquiring kills were far faster than when I hit 66 and tried to get kills in Mt Fang.

My opinion of new elixirs? I hate them. I hate them a lot. When I want to play with lower level toons, I make a new toon.
    Last edited by Decur; 12-03-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Awesome I agree, but elixars are, in fact, out there. And wether we admit it or not, they give a huge advantage. (this is coming from a guy who was on leaderboard before elixars became steroids) And of course killing is gonna be easier for high levelers...did I not say that?

Edit: ok I see what you are saying, and once again I agree! But I just don't see elixars being nuked anytime soon :\
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 12-03-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I already posted my opinion on the matter, and the entire thread I posted it on was deleted. My opinion clearly isn't a valued one:/

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Very much promoting solo play, but equally ruining team play for leveling IMO.

I can see it now, when a new campaign is released, people rushing to elite level will bypass the new campaign entirely until they hit elite cap on way lower levels and start farming once they hit cap/elite cap. The new level scaling system doesn't help either. Everything points towards not using the latest campaign, ease in kills in lower campaign, speed, density of mobs, number of mobs per map, and the loot. If you want end game pinks, you'll need to be (hypothetically speaking) 65/66 anyway, so might as well get there with ease first.

Since I don't see full guild groups of 60+ doing runs in Balefort Castle (more than, maybe two players over 60 doesnt really help with speed anymore), how about increase the XP bonus on full groups in the latest campaign?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

There really isn't a point to this game anymore...and I'm one that loves it. Blah! It was good before the elixirs, getting excited about grinding...now you can solo a low level dungeon and get all those points.

Oh well...

*Raises white flag*

If anything, they should release new campaigns more often, now that it's so easy to level.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    @Kallifa read my last post. Leaderboards are irrepairably screwed. Also, whos to say Sts didn't change their mind? What if they ended it in their last updates, then realized maybe it was a bad decision? Perhaps they are trying to do it differently now and make it more fair?

~MM
    First, my name is Kallima, typos are understandable but please at least take the time to get someone's name right. And ended what? Please have your pronouns refer to something in one of your previous sentences. Maybe they did change their minds and if so, thats why my last two questions were presented to the devs specifically. They don't owe me an explanation but I won't get one if I don't bother to ask. And please explain what about this you think makes it "more fair?" I'm not asking you what you think their viewpoints are, I'm asking you what you think since you presented the issue of fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    I already posted my opinion on the matter, and the entire thread I posted it on was deleted. My opinion clearly isn't a valued one:/
    ^^this^^

Why was an entire thread deleted while others were merely locked or left open?
    Last edited by kallima; 12-03-2011 at 02:43 AM. Reason: didn't want to double post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weak_Sauce:500296

1. Goodbye skilled players, the whole point of running the lower level maps is to hone your skills and learn how to play as a team while gaining xp.

2. When did it become so laborious to play this game that you needed to introduce another way to level faster?

3. Level 65 isn't supposed to be a cake walk

4. You've removed almost all of the incentive and fun of being a lower level member.

5. I saw someone complain about being bored with having to run the same 5 levels within a campaign over and over. Isn't that a big part of the incentive to level your toon? So that you can unlock the next campaign and start investigating all that it has to offer?

6. I guess I just thought that people were supposed to learn from and help eachother while working on gaining xp, not using the easiest map to solo the entire way.

7. could you at least stop putting the new elixers at the top of the list in the store and instead add them in to the current elixer list in order of how much platinum they cost.
    1. These new elixirs will make it easier for high level players train and help lower level players. The player base will become more skilled not less.

The whole point of running lower level maps and every other map is TO HAVE FUN and actually enjoy the game.

A player can hone their skills and learn to play as a team in any of the maps. Now they can get xp for do just that.

2. Because some people want to level faster. Some people want to level slower. Either way is perfectly ok. These new elixrs, well all the elixrs, give every player more options to fine tune THEIR experience so that their enjoyment will be greater. Having more options will make it more fun for all players regardless of their playing style.

3. There is no one "supposed to way". Different strokes. People's ideas about how THEY want to reach cap are going to vary a great deal. That is ok. It is their game, their fun time, they gaming experience. They should be in control of it.

4. Other than farming drones, few people want to remain low level. These elixrs are not removing the incentive, they are removing a barrier to becoming high level: i.e. they are making it easier to stop being a low-level, lol.

It is impossibe to decide for someone else what they are going to consider fun.

5. Exactly the point. Many people are bored doing the same thing over and over. All of our elixrs are giving people more freedom so therefore more fun.

As I said earlier, instead of "formula leveling" --- now we have fun leveling.

6. Once again, you are right. The new elixrs will allow people to work together, learn from each other - all while getting xp.

Nothing wrong with solo'ing. Fantastic way to play at least at times. Many people farm solo. And players should help each other learn to solo better if solo'ing is something you want to do.

7. No, no, no, lol, plz no!! As long as the only choices we have are 5 min. long, then please leave them right on top of the list. Otherwise, every 5 min. we going to have to scroll to the bottom of the long elixr list. No, please leave at top as long as 5 min. is our only choice.

Quote Originally Posted by kallima:500299
    because positive and negative feedback both require
    Very useful: definently yes
    Required: definently no
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Another suggestion is INCREASING EXP required to level... I mean it's fairly easy with them elixirs...

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

What about difficulty scaling according to the average level of the group? That way, higher leveled players can still enjoy lower end campaigns but not just breeze through while getting the same or more XP than the last campaign. This would only work downwards though, for higher leveled players using the lower level campaigns and not vice versa.

So you get a 60 player going into a Balefort Castle map but with the difficulty of Fang, but a level 10 entering a Fang map shouldn't change the difficulty at all - for exploit purposes. This way, that 60 can still enjoy the campaign of BC but not disregard that he is a Lv. 60 player not a Lv. 25 player. This doesn't affect the farming players since they would be in the last campaign, this would only affect the leveling players.

What really irks me with this feature is the reducing emphasis towards team play and just promoting solo play. You'll have players skipping the entire middle campaigns and just jump from the lower campaigns to the last.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 12-03-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol:500366
    What really irks me with this feature is the reducing emphasis towards team play and just promoting solo play. You'll have players skipping the entire middle campaigns and just jump from the lower campaigns to the last.
    I can understand your concerns, but I really think that this is going to make people happy. The people who try solo play with these elixrs are going to fall into one of two categories.

1. People who solo'ed (at least occasioinally) before these new elixrs.

2. People who will try it for the first time. Some of them will learn that they like solo'ing at least once in a while. Others will learn that they can't stand it and will not try it again.

Either way, everyone going to be happy.

I see your concerns, it seems like if more people solo'ing that's going to hurt the idea of "team play". But, really, the fact that some gonna solo now doesn't hurt or even change team play. It just gives people more options. They can go back and forth and fine tune their experience in a way that will make them the happiest.

We're going to see players playing the maps they enjoy the most. If someone wants to skip the middle levels, guess they can. But, for me, my fav maps have always been (in this order) the AO's, B Castle and Skeller Returns. People are only gonna skip the middle maps, if they like other maps better for some reason.

I hope these changes work out for everyone.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@kallima my apologies, and my comment was meant to be answering each of your statements accordingly. Obviously I failed.

"ended what?", xp lock kill farming.

Why I think reinabling it is fair is 'cause now high lvlers have the equivalent, only they are gonna stack the kills much faster than a low level player can. So, instad of forcing this low level player to level up, he could stay at a campaign and stack some kills, it would be fair because it's still insignificant compared to what high levelers are doing. Just an Fyi, the reason they disabled xp lock kills before is because it was "unfair." That's why I brought in the issue of fairness.

~MM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Wow!! Just few words! Amazing elixirs and must have in our game!!!!

This is a good way to expand the game making friends united!

Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules. J. D. Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
    Primary IGN: Elfwarden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Same as Myst. The devs know that when they make a thread they're only gonna hear what they want to hear, as to a thread made by a forum member. I'm disappointed as to how STS reacted to those threads.
    Edit:Please don't tell me this post is irrelevant to the topic; I'm sure STS has read my opinion.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

So, you disabled kills for exp locked chars, because it would "make the leaderboards meaningless", and got many twink farmers upset with this.

Now, I can't farm the low level maps with my lvl12, but rather rush through with my lvl66 and gain kills at 1k+ per hour.

Explain please, how does this make sense???
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    So, you disabled kills for exp locked chars, because it would "make the leaderboards meaningless", and got many twink farmers upset with this.

Now, I can't farm the low level maps with my lvl12, but rather rush through with my lvl66 and gain kills at 1k+ per hour.

Explain please, how does this make sense???
    I've heard reports of over 500 in 5 minutes!!! Yes, 5 minutes!!! I can't get that many in two hours in Mt Fang...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

After trying both plat elixirs on an alt and on my main, I now see what Aik means, and I fully agree.

Having the option to level on different campaigns really brought back the interest to the game for me. It definitely gave me more options as to how to level up.

The only thing I still don't see the purpose of is the lower level elixirs allowing "power leveling". As argued by a lot, I also do not see how a lower level can contribute in any way to a much higher leveled campaign - they will only get booted. For friends with large level gaps, the higher level friend can still join the lower campaigns anyway. And now with the XP anywhere elixir, the higher level friend can also level up with the lower level.

I acknowledge that the leader board with these new XP elixirs will also be a new issue. Maybe some sort of reset + compensation to active players in the LB?

I also love the pricing. That 1 plat definitely gives me full satisfaction for my money. Only thing I would add is longer durations instead of constant 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 12-03-2011 at 05:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Just disable the feature for kill counts outside level appropriate campaigns and the elite cap grind, and problem solved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post

Very useful: definently yes
    Required: definently no
    You took that quote out of context. If everyone just says "new update is great thanks," or "update is bad," how could anyone determine what the benefits or repercussions will be? When I gave employee evaluations I didn't say "Hey Mr. Smith you are doing great, keep it up! I explained their strengths and weaknesses to develop them as an employee, that is what TRUE feedback is, not mindless compliments or criticism.

And as far as the rest of your post is concerned, when is easier better? Aphorisms like "No pain, no gain" and "anything worth having, is worth working for" exist for a reason. Put down the kool-aid this is not summer camp, we are not singing kumbayah - there will be unhappy people with whatever STS decides, but we are trying to save the game we have come to know and love from being a dumbed down version.

I know you are doing something similar by providing positive perspectives on how this could help and appreciate your attempts, but I do think will just create more clueless players, those that want to learn - do but as you said, most people don't want to remain low level and will take the shortest route necessary. They do it now and I fear it will be worse if STS continues.to make it easier for them.
    Last edited by kallima; 12-03-2011 at 06:07 AM.