Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Feedback Thread for Purchasing High and Low level Dungeon Access

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

@kallima:

Nicely said. It's sad that STS is doing everything that they can to appease the instant gratification generation at the expense of alienating a lot of old timers. Guess we are just a few decimal points on their excel spreadsheet.

What's next? "premium" end game toons that can be bought for plat? Wouldn't surprise me a bit given the direction that STS has been taking lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I really am on the fence about the new elixirs. I was bored of Mt. Fang runs so I went to farm Vyx. 30 minutes on 4x and xp everywhere elixir gave 3600 xp. And that map isn't a grinding map at all as you have to wait for mob respawn after every lap. I guess running mega maze should easily drop 10k an hour. So for me this elixir is a great way to grind xp in 50 maps instead of 5.
    But I also see that it could encourage a lot more power leveling. I guess many high level players didn't power level as much cause they didn't want to sacrifice precious xp grinding time. That would be different now.
    Same for scaled farming: A potted 65, 4 level 20s in sandstone caves - everyone wins.
    I don't care much about kill farming but I can understand that I wouldn't be amused seeing that some end level chars farms the same kills in Fathom Crypt that I had farmed in end game dungeons the hard way. I think kill count should stay disabled with the new elixir.

About the access all areas elixir - I don't get the point. I know pros used to solo plasma pyramid with level 10 twinks but running the elite dungeons with minimum level twinks is pro enough for me. And for new players I just can't see how running behind some high levels through Mt. Fang an dying every second room (if they didn't get the boot right away) is a good experience.

Earlier a level 7 wearing nothing but an omni crown and elixir shine asked me if I would run Mt. Fang with them. Kinda nice picture for the recent discussions about where pl is going

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Everything points towards not using the latest campaign, ease in kills in lower campaign, speed, density of mobs, number of mobs per map, and the loot. If you want end game pinks, you'll need to be (hypothetically speaking) 65/66 anyway, so might as well get there with ease first.
    Elly is dead on as usual. The scaling system is great for holiday loot, but as I've been leveling on my 61 I've often reminded myself that I basically have no chance of getting the loot that's truly important to own until I get to 65. It wasn't a big deal before, but with the new elixirs it's much more important to have attractive loot dropping for people who are leveling in their appropriate areas, since it's their only incentive to do that. A small chance at a level 61 pink isn't terribly exciting.

Would it be possible to keep the new loot scaling only for holiday dungeons, and change it to the way it was before in the other dungeon?

Or how about adding some rare vanity items that drop in all levels but only for people in who aren't in an area too low for them?

The fact that kills are counted definitely needs to be changed, or the leaderboards will become completely meaningless. Also if kills are not counted, that would be one more incentive for people to level in the appropriate areas.

As for paying to access higher level dungeons, I think it should be there for free or not at all. I've always been in favor of letting map access be more open, and letting the community deal with those who are in the wrong area. Or at least change the level difference allowed from 2 levels below to say 5-10 levels below. Nobody wants to see level 10s in sewers, but a level 32 in AO2? I used to see half-full groups of a mix of 30s and low 40s doing those maps with little difficulty.

Another idea would be to let a lower level player join a higher level map only if a friend invites him. If the intent was to keep friends together (which is a great idea), then this should do it.

But letting only people who pay access any level just feels way too much like cheating. And like others pointed out, you're charging people money for a product that may get them booted a lot if used improperly (or yelled at in public games if people can't boot). Imagine a game where the host doesn't have much platinum, so he had to unlock all maps by leveling and couldn't skip ahead. Then a lower level joins his game, who paid to be able to skip ahead. How sympathetic/friendly do you think the host will be to that player? I didn't use to boot people who were lower level but not so low as to not be contributing - partly because I would also join higher maps on my low levels, so I knew that being 10 levels below the recommended level wasn't such a big deal. But honestly if a lower level joins my game and I know he got there only because he paid plat, when other kids wouldn't have been able to afford doing that - I'm booting. Why should my team have to carry him just because he paid plat?? With the plat elixirs at least, everyone in the team gets an advantage if someone uses them. With this, one person gets an advantage and everyone else gets a disadvantage. It feels like non-plat users have to carry those who bought the platinum product.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I'm fine with the change to the game but heads ill be booting all players that are not made for that level they go in. AKA Leeches.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

I think there are 3 major concerns with these new elixiers:

1) Low level chars leeching in high level dungeons:

Some people already mentioned it, and I also dont think this will be a big problem. If the group doesn't want the low level in the group, he can easily be booted, and if he hosts his own game nobody would join. So the lowlevels would most likely do runs with friends or people who don't mind if they have 1 non-efficient player in the party (eg when someone does solo runs, why shouldn't he allow a friend to "leech" some experience?)
    A new player would have no chance to level only in high level dungeons, even if he had enough plat. So no paniking please

2) KILL farming in low level dungeons

I totally agree with eveyone who complained about this!
    Devs, please! You disabled this feature for exp locked chars, with following reasoning:

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    No point in kill farmers anymore, as characters with xp turned off no longer gain kill stats. We want the leaderboards to mean something beyond who can farm the most with xp turned off.
    Got many low level farmers upset, and the reasoning is pretty weak IMO, but at least it contains some sense.

But now any high level char can got to these maps, and farm kills at some k per hour! In some maps 3K+ would be no great problem. Dying is impossible. Now, THAT really renders the leaderboards meaningless... People invested hours and weeks in achieving their place on the leaderboards, now everybody could do it with some plat and fraction of the time. Please reconsider this aspect! (simply lock kills in maps out of the lvl range)

3) EXP farming in low level dungeons

I see, that this is a point many players are delighted of. And I agree, that it can be much more fun to have a whole variety of maps to run, than grinding only a few maps over and over again.
    But the problem with this is, that farming lower maps is actually more EFFICIENT than the endgame maps! The leveling speed is at least twice as fast compared to Mount fang runs! :O As soon as most players will realize that, it could totally undermine the game concept: Everone how has the plat, would simply solo a low dungeon, making extreme amounts of xp and kills. No more need for teamwork. No more need for grinding groups. No chance to learn team mechanics.
    This could create high level players, without any knowledge of any endgame teamplating concepts. Worse than all these powerleveled mynas-/ keepergens or 4xElixier junkies!
    I think it is great that we can earn experience in lower maps now, but it shouldn't be more worthwile than the endlevel maps. I suggest that either the exp for low level maps is scaled (according to the level of the player) or the exp gained with endlevel groups is increased.

We definitly need some changes...
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The update made some nice changes and overhauls on this game but the so called 'Kills farming' is ruining the leaderboard score.
    So in conclusion i would say that I'm really disappointed, the elite vanity has lost the value of hard working (despite the fact that you get faster xp than in the new map), i have got all 3 elite vanities, i don't like to see the values being lost to this new update.

Kill farming is another issuse, i know the kill counts are meaningless but not compared to someone who have worked for it to achieve top in the leaderboard.

Lastly, the biggest issuses is that we don't like seeing low lvl players keep coming in new Mt Fang. (constantly booting is a bad timing...) This game is more of soloing rather than teaming, it is basically ruining everyone gaming experience.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

@Ruby: Fun isn't it! How many Vyxs did you kill and did you get any pinks?
    And of course +1 to elly for mentioning the level scaled loot. I am 64 and I can either level in fang where I have zero chance at a level 65 item, or farm more vyxs to get to 65, and THEN go farm level 65 items without being overfanged

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kallima:500437

And as far as the rest of your post is concerned, when is easier better? Aphorisms like "No pain, no gain" and "anything worth having, is worth working for" exist for a reason. Put down the kool-aid this is not summer camp, we are not singing kumbayah - there will be unhappy people with whatever STS decides, but we are trying to save the game we have come to know and love from being a dumbed down version.
    Kal, you are so dead on.
    PL Anibird- Level 66 Bird Anicat- Level 65 Mage Anibear- Level 66 Bear
    SL Ani- Level 35 Operative Animeva- Level 30 Commando Anibird- Level 27 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    @Ruby: Fun isn't it! How many Vyxs did you kill and did you get any pinks?
    And of course +1 to elly for mentioning the level scaled loot. I am 64 and I can either level in fang where I have zero chance at a level 65 item, or farm more vyxs to get to 65, and THEN go farm level 65 items without being overfanged
    I had around 20 vyxs and one conq helm dropping And when I am bored of slaying Vyxs - one more 1000 snowballs quest this time with xp gain sounds fun!

Thanks for "overfanged" gonna use that from now on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Oh, so that's why my thread got deleted-.-
    Still annoyed by this elixir>.<

But I do agree.
    The only reason I am still fighting for this is because I care about this game.
    I don't want it to turn into a crappy boring and money-game. If I didn't care, I would've walked away by now, and just let it rot on its own. That's why I'm making these threads. That's why I contribute my time into this. For someone who didn't care, they would just say, I don't even care whereever this game goes; if this game is becoming a greedy way for profit, I'm gone, and I won't give it second chance.
    But I do care, and that's what this post means.
    Last edited by Whirlzap; 12-03-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Ok. After 2 hours of leveling post-update, my stance is still pretty firm: keep the xp access, remove the ability to gain kills. As others have mentioned, I am now able to enjoy ALL levels of this game and also help new players, complete old quests, and gather xp all at the same time. Feels more like when I first started playing which is something I have missed.

No, I will NOT use these elixirs on my maxed out toons as I could care less about the LB or my KDR. And if we are all honest and think for a moment, how will these elixirs really effect the LB? And if it does, I only know of a coupke of people (really Dec and Chant) whom have never used an elixir. So whether these new elixirs change the LB or not is not the issue because elixirs are already being spammed to attain those top spots.

Now, I will restate that I think the kills should remain disabled but I honestly don't think the game will end nor will the LB change that much if they are left as is.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Erhm...I don't have any plat nor any time to download free plat, so I'll base my opinion on the comments on this thread. If these comments are incorrect, my fault. Will go try to get some plat to see how this is later.

And....Yes, I do get serious over games that I've spent plenty of money on.

So apparently:
    -Level 66s can go to...Forbidden Crypt, Balefort Hidden Passage, etc. AND EARN XP, AND KILLS? No....
    If this is correct, then this is the most bogus decision...I've ever seen in a video game that I've spent at least a hundred dollars on.

I mean...people are saying you can learn from this experience. Yeah, maybe the honest-abe learner's would use this elixir to boost their understanding of the game. But COME...ON! Those people are 1% of the community! The other 99% are going to be able to earn...something good? Sure! A WHOLE BUNCH OF XP SPAMMING SKILLS IN BALEFORT CASTLE HIDDEN PASSAGE RACKING UP 5 Trillion Kills/XP per 10 minutes.

-I saw Fluff's post on how it would make pinks more bountiful....

Do you have any idea what this would do to PL Economy?
    It would:
    -Make lower level prices DROP.
    -Make higher level prices go UP.

What that means is....
    Say...you just started the game. You don't have 20Million to blow on items. You decide to farm. But WAIT! Those twink items that used to be premiums are now....20...thousand? Huh? And the minor pinks (Crystalline Dagger for example) are now maybe....1K? It would take an assload of time to gather up 20Million to make the level cap set. To add salt to the injury, all higher level items will go UP in price due to no supply and high demand from lots of self-power leveled people who've been farming trash all this time.

I DO like the one where now lower levels can go to higher campaigns...but isn't it a little contradictory that they stopped people from power leveling, and now they open a elixir where it is allowed to Power Level? Huh...

If this is not correct, then I'm the retarded one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Ok. After 2 hours of leveling post-update, my stance is still pretty firm: keep the xp access, remove the ability to gain kills. As others have mentioned, I am now able to enjoy ALL levels of this game and also help new players, complete old quests, and gather xp all at the same time. Feels more like when I first started playing which is something I have missed.

No, I will NOT use these elixirs on my maxed out toons as I could care less about the LB or my KDR. And if we are all honest and think for a moment, how will these elixirs really effect the LB? And if it does, I only know of a coupke of people (really Dec and Chant) whom have never used an elixir. So whether these new elixirs change the LB or not is not the issue because elixirs are already being spammed to attain those top spots.

Now, I will restate that I think the kills should remain disabled but I honestly don't think the game will end nor will the LB change that much if they are left as is.
    Beautifully said Crim! Agree 100%!

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

The kill count issue is a no-brainer in my book; it should be completely removed from the XP anywhere elixir. IMO, it completely contradicts the reason why STS removed kill boosting from disabling XP gain: to preserve the remaining integrity of the LBs and to add more value to it. The ease in kill farming now may even be worse than before, any level can do it and you have to pay to do it.

I'm hoping this change against the kill farming is made soon. Before all the boosting has been done and the LBs will be left untouchable again after they revert the way of gaining kills.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 12-03-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:500202
    Low level players can purchase the temporary ability to access high level dungeons. Note that you are likely to have a difficult time playing in dungeons that are above your level, better bring some friends!

This change was brought primarily to better facilitate friends playing together despite level differences.
    It is very clear that this is mainly ment for friends/guildies when they are playing together.

After the novelty wears off, there will probably be a lot less low-level players just zoning into hosted high-level games. There will be a lot of booting tho, when and if this happens. I am afraid that there is no point in asking people not to be rude jerks about this when the do it. Because there are some people who only believe the rules should be followed when they personally benefit or they totally agree with something. As if the universe revolved around them.

Any level player who is going to be bothered by very lower-level players being in their groups are probably gonna need to stay out of pick-up groups. But, you can hardly find a pug in Fang, so this shouldn't be much a problem.

People who don't want to play with people who are on low-level toons will just have to host groups or stay with hosts they know will boot.

The devs made it clear that this was designed for friends to be able to play together. That would also include guildies.

I think that, especialy for someone with no mmo playing experience before PL, there is a lot of curiosity about what the high-level dungeons are like. This change will bring a lot of fun to everyone. Fun that is impossible without these elixrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo:500238
    Mixing high levels and low levels together can really increase the amount of training and knowledge players aquire as they level up. More experienced players can take their friends in and "show them the ropes" and give them more training and experience than before.
    Because of these new elixrs as well as all the other elixrs, the player base can now be BETTER trained then ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post

Very useful: definently yes
    Required: definently no
    You took that quote out of context. If everyone just says "new update is great thanks," or "update is bad," how could anyone determine what the benefits or repercussions will be? When I gave employee evaluations I didn't say "Hey Mr. Smith you are doing great, keep it up! I explained their strengths and weaknesses to develop them as an employee, that is what TRUE feedback is, not mindless compliments or criticism.
    I understood what you ment. I asknowledged that by just saying "Good job, sts" or "Boo.. Sts" is not as useful as fully fleshed out comments.

Read the part: "Very useful: definently yes"

What is meant by that is: "Yes, that is definently very useful".

I suppose, I could have worded it this way: "That would definently be very useful".

Any of the three ways works, I just think the first way is, well, kind of snappy, especially when paired with the next thing I said:

Required: definently no.

I know what you said and fully understood. But not "everyone" did that. In fact, only one person did that. And you wasted no time in crawling up the nether regions. Your posts last night seemed, well, I won't say angry, I'll just say, overly passionate. Which is great actually. I am always glad to see people strongly passionate about the game. That's way better than being luke warm and apathetic.

But simply saying "Woot!! Great job STS" is perfectly acceptable on this and every gaming forum known to mankind.

On this forum everyone from brand new members to long time members do that dozens if not hundreds of times a day.

As far as the rest of you post, I don't know if you realize, but the phrase, "no pain, no gain" has been discredited in almost every area of society that it used to be used in. But that is off topic for this board. So if you really want to hold on to it, let's see what happens.

Hmm... "no pain = no gain" and "anything worth having is worth working hard for" (I can't remember exactly how you worded it, but this is the idea).

Hmm... I think it is obvious to most people what point I am going to make even before I make it.

I have read several different places a dev describing PL as a "lighthearted, fantasy-based mmo".

Most people don't want to experience pain when they log onto PL. Most people want to escape the work of the real world by logging into a role-playing, fantasy based game. Most people are logging onto this (and basically any mmo) to escape pain and hard work. They want to relax, have fun, crack up, experience excitement (as opposed to monotiny and bordem), achieve accomplishments and so on.

If the only way to achieve in this was to experience pain, most people wouldn't log on more than just a few times. If the only way to accomplish something in a mmo was to turn what should be fun into endless hours of tedious repition, most people wouldn't be that interested.

You mentioned being a supervisor. I bet your office is a fun place to work. I'm curious, it wouldn't be a marketing/ad agency by any chance? Because if STS ever asked you to come up with a advertising slogan, I thought of one you can work up and pitch to them:

"POCKET LEGENDS!!! The Most Painful and Hardest Work You'll Every Have to Tackle!!! DOWNLOAD IT TODAY!!!!"

I bet so many would try to download -- that the servers would crash. Give me five!

Moving on..........

Hmm... "This isn't summer camp....."

Really? Why not? Summer camp lot more fun than work camp.

Hmm.... "We are not singing Kumbaya."

YES! Yes! Gawd yes, I can't stand Kumbaya!! The Hokey-Pokey*** FTW!!!

Ok, seriously folks... I know many players derive great amounts of satisfaction out of a long hours of grinding using conventional group mechanics. Fullly acknowlinging that there is repition and that it can take along time to achieve various accomplishments. But it is all these factors that are seen as great and in fact what gives them a sense of accomplishment. These factors are deemed as being great because it is the commitment to continue on and on till the goal is accomphlished. They consider this to be "hard work" and that is seen as a very good thing.

And I totally agree. All these things are wonderful for the folks who care about this stuff. For these folks spending 40 hours grinding out an elite level without elixrs is a far greater and more important accomplishment than doing the same level in 10 hours with a 4x combo. And having these beliefs, these values is great, wonderful, nothing wrong with it at all.

I read all the time how someone says, "I worked my butt off to do. ..... (w/e it is they talking about). My first thought is, why? Why purposly go out of your way to turn fun into work? Because, overcoming serious, difficult, long-azz challenges is in fact a very great accomplishment. No one should ever mock that or say otherwise.

BUT NOT EVERYONE FEELS THIS WAY for their own gaming experience. Everyone has their own ideas about how they want to play the game and what they want to get out it. Everyone is going to have a different set of values for what defines for them "an accomplishment".

***When I mentioned The Hokey-Pokey I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I know there is a huge fan-base for the epic "Ants Go Marching". But the only reason I didn't mention it up there is because I didn't want to make this post any longer than it already was.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 12-03-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

So far those in favor of the new elixirs have stated several reasons after reading through this whole thread:

1. Ability to play other campaigns with lower level friends

This change didn't give you that option, it's been there all along, it allows you to gain XP while playing in easier campaigns now.

2. Finishing quests that were abandoned

Again, to me, finishing all quests was important, so I made sure I did them. I was level 50 when I finished snowballs on my first toon, and all this allows you to do, is gain xp now, while doing quests in easier levels.

3. Teaching lower levels to play by showing them the ropes

Lets be honest here, of all the reasons given, this is by far the most bogus. How many teaching sessions happen while the elixir time is being used up. Personally, I've never seen one, and for the life of me, I cant imagine why anyone else would either. Lets say you are right however, this would be a hypothetical scenario.

Me: Hi, I'm Conanursan, I'm a really good bear, and you are lucky enough to be in my "class" today at the mega maze in Fathoms! I got tired of grinding in Mt. Fang, so I wanted some easy xp and came here. First thing any good bear needs to know is crowd control for mobs and to always stay in front. Now, young bear, your beckon and stomp are the two key skills involved in that process. Now, let me demonstrate... oh wait. I just used up all of my 5 min elixir on the intro, let me get a new one . (Gulp gulp gulp) Ahh, I feel great! Now, where was I? Oh yea, beckon and stomp. So, watch I'm gonna run right into this mob, and then make a bee line for the nearest wall, and .... beckon... and... oh man, I killed them all with my beckon. Shoot, lemme try again, because your stomp needs to be done in the right way or you'll scatter them instead of contain them. Lets do the next mob. (jog over to the next group and the cub bear follows along) Here we go again, I run in... beckon... and... oh man. They are all dead again! Well, you get the idea right?

Cub bear: What's a beckon? I though its spelled bacon.

People are going in there to level up, if they only wanted to go in there for fun, that's always been available.

4. Ability to get to 65 (or 66!) running in vyx's lair or elsewhere to then try for the premium pinks at the highest dungeon.

Ok, this is what it boils down to IMO.
    Should a person have their kills count while in a lower level? No, and so far I've not found anyone, and certainly not any group of ppl who think it should

Should you be able to gain xp in lower levels? I don't think so for this reason. Should Barry Bonds or Alex Rodriguez be allowed to drop down to AA baseball, but have that season count in MLB?

Would Shaq or Lebron James have fun playing in your local High School basketball team? Sure they would. Hed get to block every shot and dunk every time. Should that actually COUNT for anything though? No, I certainly dont think so, even if they paid 1 plat every five minutes.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo:500883
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:500202
    Low level players can purchase the temporary ability to access high level dungeons. Note that you are likely to have a difficult time playing in dungeons that are above your level, better bring some friends!

This change was brought primarily to better facilitate friends playing together despite level differences.
    It is very clear that this is mainly ment for friends/guildies when they are playing together.

After the novelty wears off, there will probably be a lot less low-level players just zoning into hosted high-level games. There will be a lot of booting tho, when and if this happens. I am afraid that there is no point in asking people not to be rude jerks about this when the do it. Because there are some people who only believe the rules should be followed when they personally benefit or they totally agree with something. As if the universe revolved around them.

Any level player who is going to be bothered by very lower-level players being in their groups are probably gonna need to stay out of pick-up groups. But, you can hardly find a pug in Fang, so this shouldn't be much a problem.

People who don't want to play with people who are on low-level toons will just have to host groups or stay with hosts they know will boot.

The devs made it clear that this was designed for friends to be able to play together. That would also include guildies.

I think that, especialy for someone with no mmo playing experience before PL, there is a lot of curiosity about what the high-level dungeons are like. This change will bring a lot of fun to everyone. Fun that is impossible without these elixrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo:500238
    Mixing high levels and low levels together can really increase the amount of training and knowledge players aquire as they level up. More experienced players can take their friends in and "show them the ropes" and give them more training and experience than before.
    Because of these new elixrs as well as all the other elixrs, the player base can now be BETTER trained then ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post

Very useful: definently yes
    Required: definently no
    You took that quote out of context. If everyone just says "new update is great thanks," or "update is bad," how could anyone determine what the benefits or repercussions will be? When I gave employee evaluations I didn't say "Hey Mr. Smith you are doing great, keep it up! I explained their strengths and weaknesses to develop them as an employee, that is what TRUE feedback is, not mindless compliments or criticism.
    I understood what you ment. I asknowledged that by just saying "Good job, sts" or "Boo.. Sts" is not as useful as fully fleshed out comments.

Read the part: "Very useful: definently yes"

What is meant by that is: "Yes, that is definently very useful".

I suppose, I could have worded it this way: "That would definently be very useful".

Any of the three ways works, I just think the first way is, well, kind of snappy, especially when paired with the next thing I said:

Required: definently no.

I know what you said and fully understood. But not "everyone" did that. In fact, only one person did that. And you wasted no time in crawling up the nether regions. Your posts last night seemed, well, I won't say angry, I'll just say, overly passionate. Which is great actually. I am always glad to see people strongly passionate about the game. That's way better than being luke warm and apathetic.

But simply saying "Woot!! Great job STS" is perfectly acceptable on this and every gaming forum known to mankind.

On this forum everyone from brand new members to long time members do that dozens if not hundreds of times a day.

As far as the rest of you post, I don't know if you realize, but the phrase, "no pain, no gain" has been discredited in almost every area of society that it used to be used in. But that is off topic for this board. So if you really want to hold on to it, let's see what happens.

Hmm... "no pain = no gain" and "anything worth having is worth working hard for" (I can't remember exactly how you worded it, but this is the idea).

Hmm... I think it is obvious to most people what point I am going to make even before I make it.

I have read several different places a dev describing PL as a "lighthearted, fantasy-based mmo".

Most people don't want to experience pain when they log onto PL. Most people want to escape the work of the real world by logging into a role-playing, fantasy based game. Most people are logging onto this (and basically any mmo) to escape pain and hard work. They want to relax, have fun, crack up, experience excitement (as opposed to monotiny and bordem), achieve accomplishments and so on.

If the only way to achieve in this was to experience pain, most people wouldn't log on more than just a few times. If the only way to accomplish something in a mmo was to turn what should be fun into endless hours of tedious repition, most people wouldn't be that interested.

You mentioned being a supervisor. I bet your office is a fun place to work. I'm curious, it wouldn't be a marketing/ad agency by any chance? Because if STS ever asked you to come up with a advertising slogan, I thought of one you can work up and pitch to them:

"POCKET LEGENDS!!! The Most Painful and Hardest Work You'll Every Have to Tackle!!! DOWNLOAD IT TODAY!!!!"

I bet so many would try to download -- that the servers would crash. Give me five!

Moving on..........

Hmm... "This isn't summer camp....."

Really? Why not? Summer camp lot more fun than work camp.

Hmm.... "We are not singing Kumbaya."

YES! Yes! Gawd yes, I can't stand Kumbaya!! The Hokey-Pokey*** FTW!!!

Ok, seriously folks... I know many players derive great amounts of satisfaction out of a long hours of grinding using conventional group mechanics. Fullly acknowlinging that there is repition and that it can take along time to achieve various accomplishments. But it is all these factors that are seen as great and in fact what gives them a sense of accomplishment. These factors are deemed as being great because it is the commitment to continue on and on till the goal is accomphlished. They consider this to be "hard work" and that is seen as a very good thing.

And I totally agree. All these things are wonderful for the folks who care about this stuff. For these folks spending 40 hours grinding out an elite level without elixrs is a far greater and more important accomplishment than doing the same level in 10 hours with a 4x combo. And having these beliefs, these values is great, wonderful, nothing wrong with it at all.

I read all the time how someone says, "I worked my butt off to do. ..... (w/e it is they talking about). My first thought is, why? Why purposly go out of your way to turn fun into work? Because, overcoming serious, difficult, long-azz challenges is in fact a very great accomplishment. No one should ever mock that or say otherwise.

BUT NOT EVERYONE FEELS THIS WAY for their own gaming experience. Everyone has their own ideas about how they want to play the game and what they want to get out it. Everyone is going to have a different set of values for what defines for them "an accomplishment".

***When I mentioned The Hokey-Pokey I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I know there is a huge fan-base for the epic "Ants Go Marching". But the only reason I didn't mention it up there is because I didn't want to make this post any longer than it already was.
    As much as I would like to comment on your entire post I am currently attempting to stand in a moving vehicle and I fear I might take a header into the dash. I still fail to see why leveling up gradually when you're just starting out or are a casual player is such a hard thing to do. If you're just starting the best way to learn the game is to take the time (it doesn't take a ton of time) to level up naturally. Start in campaigns made for you and your skill set. There is still a lot of "work" to do no matter how you choose to level so if someone is playing casually and wants to level really quickly by doing runs in fh or balefort over and over I would no longer identify them as casual. Furthermore, there are plenty of games both for android and for the iPhone that can be finished in a day, this isn't one of them. I thought the draw of this game is that there's so much to do you can play everyday and learn or experience something new.

This whole level up where ever you want thing is, in my eyes, going to hurt the ammount of fun players have. Those who see that they can level up the easy way and thus never visit certain campaigns are going to miss the little things that makes each campaign fun.

The game itself is already easy. Think of your video games, does Super Mario allow you to spend money so that you can bypass every level? The point of many many games is to level up with the incentive to unlock and experience a new level, I don't think this is an elitist way of thinking, I think its common sense. Just because people don't want to actually play the game doesn't mean we need to appease them.

The elite players aren't turning fun into work, we enjoy playing like mad fools or else we wouldn't be doing it. Elite is starting to become meaningless as the return of skeller crunch (it is crunch right?) campaign. Not every player is meant to be at the top, if they were there would be no such thing as levels.

Lastly, please explain how "no pain, no gain" has become irrelevant. Yes the upcoming generations live with the belief that they are entitled to everything and anything thanks to parents who never learned that boundries are a good thing but in the real world you still have to work to get something in return.

I would go on but I'm car sick and I didn't proof read so excuse typos and poor grammar.

Ps. When we were waiting for sewers to be released or for nuris to come a lot of new players leveled and added to the many players sitting around thinking now what do we do. Why wouldn't lower level players want to take advantage of all of this content instead of rushing to the end and then crying about how there isn't enough to do.

Also, I made almost all of my friends while I was leveling up and the rest of my friends when I joined my guild. It's a shame that people are missing that experience these days as I found it essential to my enjoyment of the game. Yes, players at any level can be friends, but maybe the people who will appreciate you the most are your peers.
    Last edited by Weak_Sauce; 12-03-2011 at 04:38 PM.
    SL Ani- Level 35 Operative Animeva- Level 30 Commando Anibird- Level 27 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The idea of no pain no gain, or anything worth having is worth working for, is still true in EVERY area of my life. I don't know where you live, or what your circumstances are, but I can't see how it would seem outdated unless you still lived in your parents house, and they provided anything you ever wanted.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Somewhere in the magical land of Texas :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I have a story about these elixers...I was leveling my new twink in the hidden passage, when a very highly-regarded player joined, a lv 65. I said hi just to be nice...then we went a few times around the middle, while he was on his low-level xp gain elixer. I died because I had aggro on two trolls. He laughed and said, "Lol noob." Did he have the right to call me that? When he was a 65 mowing down all enemies in a lv 15 dungeons, while gaining kills and xp? I think these elixers are stretching the good and bad player line apart. Then low level players can't do anything to get a single kill. I can see people getting frustrated with high levels taking their kills and quitting.

PL: Epicunicorns--Appllejuice--Unicornkills--Unicornseller--Unicorntwink--Spookyunicorn--Mortuis--Onehornofhate--Monokeros

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Unicorns!:500935
    I have a story about these elixers...I was leveling my new twink in the hidden passage, when a very highly-regarded player joined, a lv 65. I said hi just to be nice...then we went a few times around the middle, while he was on his low-level xp gain elixer. I died because I had aggro on two trolls. He laughed and said, "Lol noob." Did he have the right to call me that? When he was a 65 mowing down all enemies in a lv 15 dungeons, while gaining kills and xp? I think these elixers are stretching the good and bad player line apart. Then low level players can't do anything to get a single kill. I can see people getting frustrated with high levels taking their kills and quitting.
    There's an aspect I didn't even think of, yet another issue with new elixers.

And no Epic, no one has the right to call anyone a noob. The only people who call people by that name are the actual noobs.