Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Feedback Thread for Purchasing High and Low level Dungeon Access

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I actually had fun w/ the new elixirs, but I'm pretty sure I won't be using them at all at 5plat each.

I wasn't interested in storming the leaderboards. I just thought it was cool for farming, which usually is boring when all you get is waiting for the really, really rare item.

Maybe limit them to a certain number of times of usage per day? or you can buy for 1plat like 5 times, then it's 5plat? Though then everyone will complain how they didn't know and want refunds...

I've seen ignorant players before. They seem to be a bit more prevalent where there's lots of powerleveling, ie. Mynas gens, 4x elixirs.

I'm not sure the new elixirs have anything to do with them. I've seen people pretty much start a new character, think PL is a racing game. Within 5 minutes, they have a list of the 'courses' they have to run over and over to get to max level. Since there's only something like 5 courses they need to learn, there's not much exploration going on.

Culprits? Mainly other players I think. You can sit around Forest Haven and Dark Forest and Balefort and hear players tell one another where to go for xp. Almost none of it has to do with exploration.

Solution? Maybe xp for completing levels. Or can't enter one area w/o completing the previous area. Stuff like that, that most players don't like and would/may make them go to other games that are more mindless. So I'm not sure there's really a viable solution for 'exploration' games such as this one. Most people just are not explorers, unless the alternative is getting their teeth pulled.

Last edited by Fyrce; 12-05-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Star light, star bright...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I knew it would not take long to nurf the new elixers.

u still get kills but they are 5 plat now.

I bought one not noticing the new 5 plat price tag and I will no longer purchase them. it's just not worth it to me.
    Last edited by Protank; 12-07-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Protank For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey gang,

Thanks for your feedback and our apologies we haven't been in here answering questions more frequently. Suffice to say, we hear you. We know that not everyone is going to like everything we do. Just to reiterate, our main thrust with this change is to give low level players the option to play with higher level friends or vice versa. We're changing the price up to 5 Plat to give a bit more barrier to entry for this feature.

Thanks in advance for keeping the conversation friendly and constructive.
    Raising the price to 5 plats doesn't solve the problem of leader board preservation at all. It just ensures that only the wealthier of players gets on it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pastrychef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef View Post
    Raising the price to 5 plats doesn't solve the problem of leader board preservation at all. It just ensures that only the wealthier of players gets on it.

I think what they need to do is make it so if we use that elixer, we can't get leaderboard kills, just exp, BUT at a price of 5 plat, they need to increase the time the elixer lasts, a plat a minute isnt worth it to anybody

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zojak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Why is the elixir still only 1 plat in guild hall? Is that the guild discount?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Decur For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hey guys, it's ghastly. Haven't been on because I've been grounded for a months because I threw a frisbee at my teacher and she fell out the window

And btw lets stay calm. STS can't make this perfect for everyone...

These threads get worse than YouTube comments...

Edit: you're right moar, these are worse then them without the swearing...
    Last edited by Ghastly; 12-07-2011 at 08:48 AM.
    Guess who's back, back again, Ghastly's back, tell your friends :-D
    ~Ghastly~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghastly View Post
    These threads get worse than YouTube comments...
    These forums are wonderfully moderated. I'am in utter shock that you would say that.

On topic: Seems silly that STS limited the levels that can enter dungeon and now they let you join them if you pay....
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The travesty continues. Bears PvE kills list will probably be tarnished before the night is over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

So does this mean the 5 platinum for the elixar is a done deal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    So does this mean the 5 platinum for the elixar is a done deal?
    Nothing's changed still..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Decur View Post
    The travesty continues. Bears PvE kills list will probably be tarnished before the night is over.
    Such a shame Dec, you must be devastated mate...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patsoe View Post
    --- Side note: This is something I've wanted to ask for a while...

Do the dev's work with the AoA's or GOA's with their ideas prior to the release? I think it would be a good idea if they dont already, because these players are the ones who are most influencial, and who have a personal attachment to the game, they care. They want PL to be the best game ever, one thats remembered with all the other greats. I can honestly say that ever since I started I have played every day and I love this game, but sadly just like Appollo said, its started to become a little revenue driven. I'm not to worried about that, but I think that as long as there is still something for the casual gamer who's not all about spending money thats fine. The latest releases have seen players leave, arguements on the forums between players. I think if we got these GOA's or AoA's involved in some of the planning prior to the releases and there was testing for these players, these immediate errors could be quickly identified. In this case I think the most immediate error is the kill count - if a panel was in place they would have quickly flagged it with the devs and players would have been happier

Not exactly, but they do give us a heads up of whats new sometimes. As far as beta testing anything, no we don't do that, the dev team does it themselves.

*EDIT* wewt, 1000th post

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patsoe View Post
    --- Side note: This is something I've wanted to ask for a while...

Do the dev's work with the AoA's or GOA's with their ideas prior to the release? I think it would be a good idea if they dont already, because these players are the ones who are most influencial, and who have a personal attachment to the game, they care. They want PL to be the best game ever, one thats remembered with all the other greats. I can honestly say that ever since I started I have played every day and I love this game, but sadly just like Appollo said, its started to become a little revenue driven. I'm not to worried about that, but I think that as long as there is still something for the casual gamer who's not all about spending money thats fine. The latest releases have seen players leave, arguements on the forums between players. I think if we got these GOA's or AoA's involved in some of the planning prior to the releases and there was testing for these players, these immediate errors could be quickly identified. In this case I think the most immediate error is the kill count - if a panel was in place they would have quickly flagged it with the devs and players would have been happier
    The answer is no. I did ask Sam that Q, but the answer is still no. Why they don't? I'll not know. Id think a sampling of players (merchant, GOA, AoA, guild leader, forumer, pot user, pot free user, and casual player) would be at the least helpful, but perhaps they are smart enough to figure out the implications of their actions before they release them.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

There should be an elixir abstenence month each year xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    There should be an elixir abstenence month each year xD
    Lol, and what would that accomplish?

It'd probably shut the game down due to heavily declined plat sales which would in turn shut down STS...

-------AEO-------

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

How about an elixir that causes the AI to increase level to the player, much like how the Halloween/winter events work but on a global level. I brainstormed the idea in a blog I like to call: Re-playability enhancer, read it HERE.

Edit: Can we at least get more colors to the elixirs/enhancers besides yellow? There are so many yellow elixirs it makes it impossible to guess which one the player is on without observing them for a while. I personally would like to know if someone is on a free daily vs xp increasing vs any other yellow elixir. I have to imagine there are other colors in the PL spectrum besides yellow.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 12-08-2011 at 05:48 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    How about an elixir that causes the AI to increase level to the player, much like how the Halloween/winter events work but on a global level. I brainstormed the idea in a blog I like to call: Re-playability enhancer, read it HERE.

Edit: Can we at least get more colors to the elixirs/enhancers besides yellow? There are so many yellow elixirs it makes it impossible to guess which one the player is on without observing them for a while. I personally would like to know if someone is on a free daily vs xp increasing vs any other yellow elixir. I have to imagine there are other colors in the PL spectrum besides yellow.
    While I'm still against these elixirs, this is the best idea I've seen yet. I sincerely hope this gets implemented since it's obvious these elixirs are here to stay.

Yes, I agree with you about usage of additional colors for elixirs. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Westcoastbird and Crazyazzbird have purchased their spots on the PVE K/D ratio leaderboard for archer. Congratulations!
    Let the "you are not a true leader board achiever" bashing begin! All this could be avoided by breaking the link between XP and deaths and only allow to collect deaths in level appropriate dungeons regardless of XP gains.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Westcoastbird and Crazyazzbird have purchased their spots on the PVE K/D ratio leaderboard for archer. Congratulations!
    How is this any different than purchasing a Thrqsher punch and running the upper levels? Also, do you realize how many toons are/were close to the LB before this elixir came out?

Let's not start false accusations/rumors if you do not know for certain the situation.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

I will say this in sts forums words so all understand.. The people that are on the k/d leaderoards did it by exploiting a glitch. The xp off button glitch. Why they are still on there is besides me.. So know your history before u start poppin off at the mouth..
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"