Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Feedback Thread for Purchasing High and Low level Dungeon Access

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draq View Post
    Pastrychef i was on boards when they first came out. I reclaimed my spot. Im sry u rnt good enough to enjoy boards. Get facts straight before u throw rediculous statements out there.
    Weren't you doing a bunch Plasma runs recently? Unless the xp anywhere elixirs were used, I don't think kills count there at lvl 66.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    You obviously do NOT know your PL history nor the players who have been around for a long time. I have known Draq for almost a year and if it wasn't for breaks he takes, he would be much higher on the warrior LB.

Calling people out on the forums due to misinformation is worse than the "crime" you are accusong him of.
    Suffice it to say that with these elixirs, anyone new names on the the leaderboards will be questioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Like some people said already, (sorry don't feel like reading 9 pages of comments) just disable kill count with these elixers.
    Guess who's back, back again, Ghastly's back, tell your friends :-D
    ~Ghastly~

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef View Post
    Suffice it to say that with these elixirs, anyone new names on the the leaderboards will be questioned.
    Maybe... maybe not... but it is not your place to judge. Same with your Plasma reference. What someone is doing in game is frankly non of your business. What you are doing is called trolling and needs to cease.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was helping a friend lvl if u must know. Who would go to plasma to do anything except lvl friend and farm gold.
    LVL 66 DEX/INT BEAR- DRAQ
    LVL 27 KD ARCHER- QTK
    LVL 66 PURE ARCHER- SHADOWTHUNDER
    LVL 52 KD MAGE- MIZTIQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Maybe... maybe not... but it is not your place to judge. Same with your Plasma reference. What someone is doing in game is frankly non of your business. What you are doing is called trolling and needs to cease.
    Werd. If people in general quit worrying about what other people were doing or have, and spent more time having fun, however that may be (twinking, PvP, farming) then the forums would be a better place.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Werd. If people in general quit worrying about what other people were doing or have, and spent more time having fun, however that may be (twinking, PvP, farming) then the forums would be a better place.
    That is my only problem with some elixirs (a bit out of subject here, I know) like the big combo elixirs. When you are running PUGs, mainly, and a couple players on combo elixirs show it it does affect MY game-play because at that point I either have to leave or basically become a leech... Everything else I could not care less.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

So about 2 weeks and 9 pages of feedback/comments/flames later, what exactly have the devs done? Raise the cost of these 2 elixirs to 5 plats.

That's it? Or will more changes be forth coming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I guess I don't have to much to add after reading through this entire thread. I play a level 65 bear and may get to 66 before the next campaign is released, who knows. I don't buy any elixers, I don't buy any plat. I don't really care about or look at the leaderboards.

The one thing I do notice is the boredon of running the same maps over and over while leveling up. I will occasionally go play other maps just to break up the monotany even though I don't get experience there anymore. I have thought that they could implement a scaled system for experience throughout the game. Say drop the experience by 5-10% per campaign below your appropriate level. This would allow you to get experience anywhere in the game, but at a slower pace since it is so much easier at lower level campaigns. As to the mechanics of this, they may not want to add decimal places to your experience, then just add a % chance of getting experience for each kill. Then if they want an elixer for those who are in a hurry, an elixer can give you a 100% chance of experience in any campaign. This would allow for higher level players to take a break and for STS to make some money off the people who buy elixers.

As to kills, it seems that the leaderboards are screwed up anyway. What should they do? I would probably lock the old leaderboards and keep them visable, disable kills in inappropriate campaigns, and start a new leaderboard from zero. I don't know how you deal with elixers though, maybe have seperate leaderboards for kills with and without elixers. You could be on both. You get a kill on the appropriate board if you are on an elixer or not. I really am not sure on this though.

Just my thoughts, I know as someone who does not buy plat I am not the player STS most wants to cater to, but I do think they provide a balance to the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They cant have 2 different boards. That would be rediculous. So many ppl buy plat. Then it would just be free for all. As to experience issue that is good idea
    LVL 66 DEX/INT BEAR- DRAQ
    LVL 27 KD ARCHER- QTK
    LVL 66 PURE ARCHER- SHADOWTHUNDER
    LVL 52 KD MAGE- MIZTIQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why could they not have two boards. They would need to keep track of one more stat, which they already need to check. If you are on an elixer at that moment, you get an elixer kill, if not you get a non-elixer kill and they have a board for each. Seems simple enough. People who claim elixers are killing the LB would have a board with no elixer kills on it and people who run on elixers all the time could compete with each other.

As for me, I enjoy the game and could care less about the boards anyway. I was just looking for a way to make the boards more meaningful to those who do seem to care about them.