Thread: My Opinion On St. Patty's This Year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Default My Opinion On St. Patty's This Year

Lets Start Off With The Good Stuff, this event in terms of play style was completely unique and I actually quite enjoyed it, the idea of protecting someone through a map was quite interesting and I actually quite enjoy the gameplay. However, I am afraid that is the only thing that I really liked about this event. Like Mhyssa pointed out, the token drop rate for a crate that only has a chance to loot something, and a very high chance of looting something useless is just disastrous in my opinion. And while running these maps are fun, it is tedious to run over and over again for no result, as these crates really are not that worth it. And I would also like to add on to the fact that most of the items in the crates are recolored leaderboard vanities, which not only devalues the current vanities, but discourages many people from running leaderboard in the first place, why run leaderboard when you can just wait a year to get the same thing? Even the Leaderboard rewards themselves are simply recolors of the years before.

Ways that you can improve this in my opinon are through:
    -Adding tiers to motivate players to run through the event
    -A wider selection of items that can be bought in the vendor (Even something as simple as a Magna or Victus rune could be a great addition because that means profit)
    -Something new and original

This thread is by no mean meant to demoralize you guys as devs or devalue what you do as the community often does not give you enough credit for what you do, but a lot of people notice it when the community seems to be dying off and this is a genuinely serious problem, the first day of this event my guild personally was active with 20+ players, right now we are rocking at about 4-5. And I think it would be in everyone's best interests to make the events a little bit more interesting and make the community a little more active.

I believe you guys SHOULD be more open to accept vanities from the community (the original ones, not the recolors) there are a ton of talented artists out there and what you guys did for the goblin event last year was pretty amazing, allowing the community to design the banners, and I think that people were for the most part very satisfied with the design of those banners.
    Last edited by Spheresome; 03-16-2019 at 09:10 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I think they are doing the best they can. They dont want the game to die but it is also a matter of having the resources to give the community what it needs/wants

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    I think they are doing the best they can. They dont want the game to die but it is also a matter of having the resources to give the community what it needs/wants
    They obviously are doing the best they can, I am just suggesting that they divert their efforts to something that has been widely appealed to and questioned by the community for a long time (recolors and farming for nothing). Its unfortunate that this is the way that some of us as humans think, but some of us need motivation to farm something and some of us also dislike the idea of receiving something new in the form of somethig old that is a different color.

They can kill two birds with one stone by allowing the community to create some new original vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Ye.. We must have a point to do something. What is the goal of this event? To me - since I won't go for lb- has none. Cuz the effort is too much, for a low chance to get something.

The Lovecraft they did sooo right. They did cool rewards to low tiers, so all players farmed, even the ones not interested to lead board. Even those who knew couldn't reach platinum, they runned because silver and gold tier had really cool rewards. They had cool not tradeable vanities in the chests. Also chance to drop items.

Also I agree the idea of the event was cool. But run a map to have 0 profit, at some point loses the fun. Better continue farming at the same old maps.

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando o Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mhysaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    They obviously are doing the best they can, I am just suggesting that they divert their efforts to something that has been widely appealed to and questioned by the community for a long time (recolors and farming for nothing). Its unfortunate that this is the way that some of us as humans think, but some of us need motivation to farm something and some of us also dislike the idea of receiving something new in the form of somethig old that is a different color.
    Good Point but I see them implementing more and more requested feature so hopefully we see this happen sooner then later.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    They did cool stuffs. They could have putted the banner, for example, for like 2.5k, ish, tokens. I would go for it even if not tradeable. At least would be a reason to farm the event when you are not that lucky, or not going for lb.

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando o Tapatalk