Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In kind regards of the event!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default In kind regards of the event!

I decided to write this post only after the event, in order for it to be taken more like a feed-back than a complaint. I am also writing this post from the point of view of a LB runner since most of us spent more hours protecting Magnus than we spent in our own bed.

Firstly i would like to say that this wasnt an absolute disaster,as many people claim. The event had a great idea at its core, its just that it was "wrapped" in a not-so-good packaging.

Secondly i would like to take a shot at the mechanincs of the map itself, more specifically the timed cart. For us who spend countless hours delivering that cart, its a bit tilting to keep on waiting for Magnus and his Deary to move. Most of us could have run that map a lot faster since we are geared better than the average player. I think that the edge of being faster was taken from us.

Continuing i would like to adress one of the most contrivertial topics of the event. And that being the vanity set reward for finishing in top10. Dont get me wrong, I actually love the piece, its cool and they did a great job with it, but that only puts more salt on the wound since they made it lootable from mere crates....
    For everyone to understand OUR frustration better, let me throw some numbers at you. Lets pick the warrior class since that is the LB I personally ran.
    It took at least 175k points IN A WEEK for a warrior to enter the top10. Altho some of us had close and over 200k. The average run gives you 150-160 points considering you also lose some. Also because of the timer every run is set around 3 minutes. I will take my score of 195k as a benchmark.

This being sayd let me give you the facts:
    - top10 runners have protected that cart more than 1000 times ! Specifically 1258 times !
    - top10 runners have spent 3774 minutes in that map. Convert that in 63 hours! That is close to 3 full days of non-stop running!
    - top10 runners spent 9 hours MINIMMUM a day playing the game!
    - top10 runners killed over 60k mobs only in the event map!

Those are the numbers you would have to match to be at the very top, in my opinnion those are OTHERWORDLY as we also have a real life full of schools, jobs, kids,friends, SLEEP, and so on.

I am not blaming STS for making these numbers so high, because these are made by us, the players that run the event, and sincerely I wouldnt like to have it another way! Because those vanityes should be worn by ONLY those people that played this game like machines for 7 straight days. What i am pointing at as a mistake is the fact that they made the vanityes lootable! I think there is no greater frustration for a top10 runner than to see someone walking around in the same vanity that he lost so many good night sleeps for......
    Yes its true that you can say we dont run for the vainty solely, and we actually dont.
    We run for the thrill of seeing our IGN's up there, we run for the thrill of competing and testing our andurance against the people that we always meet up there. We run for all the people in our guilds that cheer us on and for every friend that is helping us. We all run so we can hear ONE sentence: "How do those guys do it?"
    Even when we knew that the vainty was not exclusive for us, we still spent countless hours on the event because its in our nature to do so, STS could have done at least something, a small change anything, since there would have been the same people with OR without changes.

I hope this would go down as a mistake and be addresed as a "DON'T" for future developements and ideas.

If you can relate or understand this post, give it a fat support and a thumb up, this game is here today because all of you! Let you voice be heard!

I will leave some screenshot as a memorandum of this event

Sincerely Cursedguy

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A530F folosind Tapatalk
    Last edited by panedorin; 03-22-2019 at 08:22 AM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to panedorin For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Totally agree with you I wouldn't wrote it better than you

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeridor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Couldnt agree more! +1 for this thread

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Celli For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well said brother, we do run for the love of the game. Its the same as you guys from sts point of view. You put alot of efforts in every event u make assuming u guys also spend alot of hours designing and programing the mechanics of the events, and that we do appreciate alot. Dont get me wrong but what if the lb runners stopped running cause it was proven a waste of time, how would u guys feel about it after spending alot of time and effort designing it and wasnt appreciated.

Farmers/merchant point of views: "i can just buy those rewards easily while i sleep (precise jewel, vanity set, etc) and can alrdy claim that they run those lb we did. And yes those golds they gonna spend it on is also from their own efforts and all. BUT im talking about the event itself. We run those lb because we appreciate your hard works on the, and that if we work hard on it we can also be appreciated and be well rewarded :*

I am a pure farmer.. And i started running those lb because i felt well rewarded, that there are still those things that cant be bought by any currency, And that not everything in this game is about GOLD, or how rich u may be.

Im just voicing out my opinion from my point of view, See ya all on the nxt event, Im sure it will be better, spread positivity Cheers!

Duty-

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arfee For This Useful Post:

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

I think the central idea about the value / distinction of the lb rewards is good and will be taken into consideration for future stuff :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Wasnt running top10 but can understand. Full support +1.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up! 👍👍

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Totally disagree with your opinion on the mechanics. It was the first event with a map (not a single room) that I could wear my stat gears instead of speed set. It was refreshing to have the team focused on the mobs rather than run to the boss. I would love to see future events/maps run in a similar fashion. I agree lb rewards should be unique from lower tier prizes.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

I wish I had a job where I could play games for 9 hours and have time to spend with family after that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

totally agreed..kinda sad that vanity is not elusive for top 10 ;/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Im not complaining about the fact that i cant use my SS, i too enjoyed the fact that i could for once use my full gear in an event. I am complaining about the fact that my gear may let me kill waves faster than a regular player , and im just left sitting there, not doing anything, waiting for the cart to start.

Last edited by panedorin; 03-22-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

+1 that the vanities should have been A LITTLE different than the lootable ones,
    +10 for such a well written thread!
    Congrats to you Cursed for being a top10, and congrats to all LB runners.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tookyo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Alright, I think I should start off by saying I was top 10 for the mage class, and had over 188k points when the event came to an end, now with that being said, there are less than 30 people in game who have more experience running this event map than me, so I hope you take my opinion into consideration.

The map itself was a brilliant idea, I absolutely love it, i gained over 60k pve kills from this event, and protecting the cart was definitely a new and interesting gameplay. The loot was ok from the boss, I liked that it wasn’t extremely common, but I think it should have been a little rarer. I disliked how the mobs spawn right beside the cart on the final stage of the map, it insured the cart would take dmg, in all the runs i did, never once did the cart come out unscathed. The leaderboard vanities where not good, That’s as nice as I can be about them. Instead of runes, we got awakening gems, I liked this, but it should be a significant amount of awakening gems, runes are worth allot more, so I think if awakening gems will be replacing runes there needs to be allot more of them as part of the reward.

Now here’s my list of things I think could be improved:
    1. I think that the carts movement speed should be based on how fast you kill the mobs, for leaderboard players this would mean more runs, and for new players it would give them a fighting chance.
    2. never ever ever ever (can’t stress this enough) make a Leaderboard Vanity lootable.
    3. Add more interesting rewards in the Bosses loot pile, like the bullion bowl (would need to be extremely rare)
    4. Add tier rewards, so new players actually have a reason to run.
    5. Add something for top 10, there’s no way for anyone prove they were in the top 10, because anyone in the top 25 could buy the golden Brawler set and pretend to be top 10.

And last but not least, on the forums, and in game when you check the leaderboard rewards it said “Gleaming Golden Brawler” as the reward for top 10. If you checked the event crate it said “Golden Brawler”, this made tons of people think they where 2 different things, like how last years event went. Last year the lootable vanity looked different than the leaderboard vanity. Please for the love of arlor, don’t add in words to make the vanity sound better, just put the vanities name.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snowdager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Oh , and puleeeze get rid of the “game over” box at end of run, I die just after boss and couldn’t pick up my pile of gold!
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I agree. Make LB rewards very special & unique, Only to be given out to the hard working contenders.

This will motivate future runners to invest more time & money into the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

"The Top 10 Players will receive a character-bound gleaming 'Golden Brawler' vanity item set), the unique 'Lucky Brew Tap' banner (in addition to other goodies that include Awakening Gems and a Precise Jewel)"

Shouldn't it be untradeble?

ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 4m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠

Answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irg View Post
    "The Top 10 Players will receive a character-bound gleaming 'Golden Brawler' vanity item set), the unique 'Lucky Brew Tap' banner (in addition to other goodies that include Awakening Gems and a Precise Jewel)"

Shouldn't it be untradeble?
    It is. But it also is lootable in Mead Crates. (Wich is a lot worse)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Yes I agree, exclusive vanity for top 10 is a must,
    But I'm happy with the cart over last year's barrel bash

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    I wish I had a job where I could play games for 9 hours and have time to spend with family after that

There is "no such" job......

If developers "just played" games, it would get nowhere.......

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment