Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In kind regards of the event!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

gg bro +1 i agree 100%

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    There is "no such" job......

If developers "just played" games, it would get nowhere.......
    If it exists, it will be called sleeping

Also i do agree that top 10 must have exclusive vanity, its only awarding that way

ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 4m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠

Answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Sign me up for that Job!
    <Epitome of Silentkill >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

+1

Enviado de meu moto g(6) play usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I think it would be fair to do a little something different to the banner for the top 10, perhaps a copper edging on the banner?

Just a thought to distinguish the hard work of these people.

I certainly do not do that much work in the game. People who do deserve something separating them from the rest of us slacker types.

Star light, star bright...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by panedorin View Post
    I decided to write this post only after the event, in order for it to be taken more like a feed-back than a complaint. I am also writing this post from the point of view of a LB runner since most of us spent more hours protecting Magnus than we spent in our own bed.

Firstly i would like to say that this wasnt an absolute disaster,as many people claim. The event had a great idea at its core, its just that it was "wrapped" in a not-so-good packaging.

Secondly i would like to take a shot at the mechanincs of the map itself, more specifically the timed cart. For us who spend countless hours delivering that cart, its a bit tilting to keep on waiting for Magnus and his Deary to move. Most of us could have run that map a lot faster since we are geared better than the average player. I think that the edge of being faster was taken from us.

Continuing i would like to adress one of the most contrivertial topics of the event. And that being the vanity set reward for finishing in top10. Dont get me wrong, I actually love the piece, its cool and they did a great job with it, but that only puts more salt on the wound since they made it lootable from mere crates....
    For everyone to understand OUR frustration better, let me throw some numbers at you. Lets pick the warrior class since that is the LB I personally ran.
    It took at least 175k points IN A WEEK for a warrior to enter the top10. Altho some of us had close and over 200k. The average run gives you 150-160 points considering you also lose some. Also because of the timer every run is set around 3 minutes. I will take my score of 195k as a benchmark.

This being sayd let me give you the facts:
    - top10 runners have protected that cart more than 1000 times ! Specifically 1258 times !
    - top10 runners have spent 3774 minutes in that map. Convert that in 63 hours! That is close to 3 full days of non-stop running!
    - top10 runners spent 9 hours MINIMMUM a day playing the game!
    - top10 runners killed over 60k mobs only in the event map!

Those are the numbers you would have to match to be at the very top, in my opinnion those are OTHERWORDLY as we also have a real life full of schools, jobs, kids,friends, SLEEP, and so on.

I am not blaming STS for making these numbers so high, because these are made by us, the players that run the event, and sincerely I wouldnt like to have it another way! Because those vanityes should be worn by ONLY those people that played this game like machines for 7 straight days. What i am pointing at as a mistake is the fact that they made the vanityes lootable! I think there is no greater frustration for a top10 runner than to see someone walking around in the same vanity that he lost so many good night sleeps for......
    Yes its true that you can say we dont run for the vainty solely, and we actually dont.
    We run for the thrill of seeing our IGN's up there, we run for the thrill of competing and testing our andurance against the people that we always meet up there. We run for all the people in our guilds that cheer us on and for every friend that is helping us. We all run so we can hear ONE sentence: "How do those guys do it?"
    Even when we knew that the vainty was not exclusive for us, we still spent countless hours on the event because its in our nature to do so, STS could have done at least something, a small change anything, since there would have been the same people with OR without changes.

I hope this would go down as a mistake and be addresed as a "DON'T" for future developements and ideas.

If you can relate or understand this post, give it a fat support and a thumb up, this game is here today because all of you! Let you voice be heard!

I will leave some screenshot as a memorandum of this event

Sincerely Cursedguy

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A530F folosind Tapatalk
    I totally agree with you panedorin
    Thought I did not run the event that much and I am not an lb player.i feel ur pain.i understand that all the lb players did their best and did not get anything exclusive from it makes me feel a lot bad.
    Devs u guys are amazing u all did a fantastic job and you all are making the game better keep continuing the work.
    But pls include something exclusive for the lb players.
    Like plats,pets,cool vanity....ect.
    To keep them encouraged.
    Thank you.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

We will consider changing the lb rewards. I’m personally excited about setting the precedent of updating / changing / even removing or totally replacing lb rewards if there is outcry or if I think it is necessary in the future. We have policy against it but now... why not change :-))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    I think it would be fair to do a little something different to the banner for the top 10, perhaps a copper edging on the banner?

Just a thought to distinguish the hard work of these people.

I certainly do not do that much work in the game. People who do deserve something separating them from the rest of us slacker types.
    Since that banner was awarded to all top 25 the alteration of the item would affect all recipients; not jus the top 10.
    To accomplish this we would need to come up with a mechanism whereby top 10’s could convert their rewards. I think this can be done but I would prefer not to take that time away from Easter event development.

Thoughts?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Since that banner was awarded to all top 25 the alteration of the item would affect all recipients; not jus the top 10.
    To accomplish this we would need to come up with a mechanism whereby top 10’s could convert their rewards. I think this can be done but I would prefer not to take that time away from Easter event development.

Thoughts?
    I personally dont think a little patience is gonna kill anyone, i dont believe this is a matter of "how fast?" , rather one of "what if?" . So let us all enjoy the egg hunt event first if that may be the case!
    Also the idea of selectively touching only the items of those in top10 in this case may be fair? Or it may not? Im not keen on either one, i say let the devs decide that one istead of leaving the players rattle it out.
    Altho if I was to take a shot i will be thinking about 2 variables:
    One being touching the vanity set for top10 so it doesnt affect the people over in top25.
    Second being touching,lets say, the banners for both sides but different collors/reworks/maybe even an aura???
    Surprise us with something that would make us feel like we are wearing top10 vanityes!

Last edited by panedorin; 03-24-2019 at 11:20 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to panedorin For This Useful Post:

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

With regard to possible changes I think it makes the most sense to focus on varying the vanity outfit appearances first and then consider the possibility of banner changes.

To know my biases: I’m not too keen on changing the banner for top 10 because - amid all the confusing stuff about rewards - it was actually very clear that top 25 would get the new Lucky Brew Tap. Never was there a plan to distinguish the top 10 banner and all runners knew this going into the event. Changing them for top 10 constitutes a structural change to the rewards and not just a tweak. I can see legitimate concerns coming from top 25’s as a result.

The top 10 vanity item set on the other hand was ruined by bad information and poor implementation which gives us the resulting disappointment. Dressing up these items with a cool particle effect or aura seems like a fair thing to do - and it should come as soon as we have the next event items under control.

| | | |

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Yes! Aura seems the most logical solution if you dont want to change the whole design.
    +1 for aura

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tookyo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

With regard to possible changes I think it makes the most sense to focus on varying the vanity outfit appearances first and then consider the possibility of banner changes.

To know my biases: I’m not too keen on changing the banner for top 10 because - amid all the confusing stuff about rewards - it was actually very clear that top 25 would get the new Lucky Brew Tap. Never was there a plan to distinguish the top 10 banner and all runners knew this going into the event. Changing them for top 10 constitutes a structural change to the rewards and not just a tweak. I can see legitimate concerns coming from top 25’s as a result.

The top 10 vanity item set on the other hand was ruined by bad information and poor implementation which gives us the resulting disappointment. Dressing up these items with a cool particle effect or aura seems like a fair thing to do - and it should come as soon as we have the next event items under control.

Fair point! It would be the most logical thing to do, since all the trouble is about the missunderstood vanity set. It would imply some top25 players to feel a lil bad, but those rewards were clearly stated.

An arcane +1 for auraaaaaaaa.

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tookyo View Post
    Yes! Aura seems the most logical solution if you dont want to change the whole design.
    +1 for aura
    I have considered changing the whole design but I’m 100% certain that it would be divisive (even though I am certain that my change would be more beautiful). :-))

Particle fx (static and streaming/motion variants) are also being considered - they will be roughly as expensive (with respect to client frame rate) as an aura.

| | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thoughts?
    Banner seperation of top *[1-10]

this can also be a good idea, for top 10' banner, u can just add some glowing effects to seperate it from 25's banners. Cause changing the set reward itself will surely have alot of complains.

Idk how many hours of effort u guys develop these items but one thing im sure is, takes lesser time to rework an item than making a new one.. by converting current banner of top 10 for an upgraded version.

Reason: complains will be lesser in a banner upgrade compared to changing the vanity set.

Since its ur own idea to seperate banner rewards from 1-25 and 26-50. Why not go for it. Its the only fair thing i can come up with.

*Just a suggestion its stilll up to u guys. And were not asking it to be changed asap. U guys can take ur time developing on easter.. We can wait!

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I have considered changing the whole design but I’m 100% certain that it would be divisive (even though I am certain that my change would be more beautiful). :-))

Particle fx (static and streaming/motion variants) are also being considered - they will be roughly as expensive (with respect to client frame rate) as an aura.

The good news keep on comiiiing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ops, nvm. This idea is alot better! Thanks xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arfee View Post
    Banner seperation of top *[1-10]

this can also be a good idea, for top 10' banner, u can just add some glowing effects to seperate it from 25's banners. Cause changing the set reward itself will surely have alot of complains.

Idk how many hours of effort u guys develop these items but one thing im sure is, takes lesser time to rework an item than making a new one.. by converting current banner of top 10 for an upgraded version.

Reason: complains will be lesser in a banner upgrade compared to changing the vanity set.

Since its ur own idea to seperate banner rewards from 1-25 and 26-50. Why not go for it. Its the only fair thing i can come up with.

*Just a suggestion its stilll up to u guys. And were not asking it to be changed asap. U guys can take ur time developing on easter.. We can wait!

Tho it would be more "domestic" to say so, if STS is going to change the reward, why not go big time for vanity set? ( to make up for the trouble maybe? :3 )

24. The Following User Says Thank You to panedorin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

The good news keep on comiiiing!

I'm very happy that you are considering this , really appreciate this Cinco
    Ty

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Tho it would be more "domestic" to say so, if STS is going to change the reward, why not go big time for vanity set? ( to make up for the trouble maybe? :3 )

Hahahhaaha i couldnt consider it, since i didnt want devs to get alot of complains. But cinco is the man, forget the banner upgrade ! Full support for cinco vanity enhacement! +100000000!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

It's always been top 25-50 banners, no need to even worry with that
    Top 10 vanity, I suggest let Cinco surprise us and just appreciate the fact it's been done,
    Ty all
    Gz all top lb

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk