Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dark Legends PvP is Nearly Dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

PvP now all about, how much higher stats u have and luck... No need of skills etc.
    And people like me who lives in other part of world and never get ping below 400 , easily died coz of weapon combos as campare to those who r playing with 50+ ping or lesser

Sent from my Redmi 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerr View Post
    PvP now all about, how much higher stats u have and luck... No need of skills etc.
    And people like me who lives in other part of world and never get ping below 400 , easily died coz of weapon combos as campare to those who r playing with 50+ ping or lesser

PvP should be about build and forge, how tricky build and forge we make and use that to countered enemies.
    Now what's goin on, first attack with fb n brim and leave rats to ran off. When his blessed gone keep hitting weapon like mad. Higher the ping and luck, higher the chance to win.
    Now snowflake sweater price is 300m+, so if someone need to start this game,
    Gems- 80-100m
    Weapon- 100m+
    Vanity- 300m+
    It sounds funny.
    Buying Gold with plats doesn't make any sense.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerr View Post
    PvP should be about build and forge, how tricky build and forge we make and use that to countered enemies.
    Now what's goin on, first attack with fb n brim and leave rats to ran off. When his blessed gone keep hitting weapon like mad. Higher the ping and luck, higher the chance to win.
    Now snowflake sweater price is 300m+, so if someone need to start this game,
    Gems- 80-100m
    Weapon- 100m+
    Vanity- 300m+
    It sounds funny.
    Buying Gold with plats doesn't make any sense.

purify already mentioned that in his thread and I think they listened because now great weapons to pvp with are available forever in by farming the crafting items in the new campaigns, so now when a new player starts and wants to pvp, he/she knows where to go farm to get great weaps, now gems to be available forever maybe in the same way as these new weapons or as a different method to get them but they still have to be available always for everyone to farm/work for so the game specially PVP does not die and everyone could get the full game experience, the vanity in my opinion every vanity with stats should be taken away from pvp except the pets and the armours, because clarabell pet that you get for reaching lvl51 is like the best for pvp at the moment and its available for everyone to get and the armour sets are also available everywhere specially the green one so everyone like that could be equal and new players won't struggle or get bored trying to get on their feet in this game

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Purifysoul View Post
    It's hard & sad to say this, but PvP is slowly dying. It's not even close to being alive right now compared to before, and I'm gonna explain you why, from A to Z.

I played PvP from the very very beginning, and let me tell you something...It's always been unique and special, which made most of us keep playing for years even after we got told the game won't receive any updates. PvP would be full, both modes were playable ( Capture the Flag & Death match ), It had so much POTENTIAL that even after more than a year when we got told there will be no more updates for the game, it's PvP was still more alive than ever.
    Now, let's take a moment and look back. Why was it that special..? The answer is Very simple if you ask me... First, it was far from being complicated, people would get busy for a while, come back and still be able to PvP and have fun, but now.. whoever misses some of the events, they won't be able to PvP as they missed some really needed items and they won't be able to get them since they missed a specific event, Our biggest example for that at the moment, is the ( Elder Moon Stone Of Grind ), let me tell you the story of this powerful gem. It was brought on a PvP event a while ago from now, as a reward. It had two versions, one for Gold ( Not Trade-Friendly ) and one for Plat ( Trade-Friendly ).. What happend is, Nobody bought the ( Trade-Friendly ) version of that gem, actually let's say 1 or 2 bought it and they still couldn't sell them for people, because they would need to use them by themself.
    I didn't mention this just because I don't have it, I have every special event rewards, but I mentioned that example because all I'm trying to say is, The items needed for PvP need to always be available instead of being brought on specific events ONLY, Whether they were farmable like the Persecutor's Blackmetal Razors/Tormentors, recent sin patty elder weapons & Elder gems or As rewards from scoring something in specific events as I already mentioned. That shouldn't be a thing, imagine a new player coming to the game, Most of the gamers look for games to PvP, how are they gonna Test this game's PvP and see how great it is, if they can't even get the items they need easily? What brought this to my mind today, is because I was in a campaign-map killing zombies and I spawned the Grant Hauer mini Boss that spawns in several maps in the game, I killed it and it dropped the Relic Petrified Fang Gem lvl36! A gem that was brought after the Obsidian gem and became the main gem to use in the Beast Gem Slot for PvP back in lvl36. I was like, wow what a coincidence.. it reminded of how DL PvP used to be. Anyway, what I'm trying to achieve here is, Make the new gems and weapons that are strong/Needed for pvp, dropable forever in maps either by mini bosses, main drops in a campaign/map, boss drop (like relic hammer, axes obsidian, arc sabers death rakes) Etc Etc Etc, and make them the same drop chance as before so they also don't become super cheap on auction house. This fang gem I said I dropped above wasn't easy to get but by the time everyone managed to get them, This should be possible to happen in the next update because as I read from the Menu update info on dark legends when I logged on, ''New Campaign and A level cap coming soon'' For that new campaign and maps, it could have the level Requirement as ''lvl51'' since the current maps are only lvl36 required. If that happens, EVERYONE is gonna be able to PvP even new players, even us the people that already play the game will be able to help new players to get into PvP as soon as possible because the items won't cost too many millions and it would be possible to drop them anytime instead of being on a specific event, right now the pvp items ( weapons and gems ) are literally like vanities, they are valueable items that you can't just give away as you either had a hard time getting them or really need them to be able to play etc. The game is two parts: PvP and Merching, PvP items= farming effort to get them ( farmable forever ) and Vanities= merching effort from dropping items and vanities on specific events or from buying plat. the game have been like that since 2012 and it should stay that way, that's what makes it special, PvP items and vanities both being too valueable = no no and no, NEVER. This alone would increase the number of people playing PvP, I guarantee to you. ALMOST FORGOT! Please make the current vanities have nothing to do with PvP if that's possible, having vanities with kinda high stats and they cost plat, is making PvP pay to win and that's not an alright thing. And if it's not possible to change and make the current vanities have nothing to do with PvP (Sweaters Etc) atleast in the future please don't make it a thing even if the vanities weren't for plat, what makes PvP even more special is that people can wear whatever they want from vanities and still PvP, unlike many other games you would have to look ugly to PvP. Vanities with procs Etc etc is an awesome idea, but let's keep that only for PvE and have them only work for PvE and anywhere outside of PvP. Pve is NOT competitive so it we wouldn't mind having those for it.

This is getting emotional, we love this game don't we lol, after all these years..Anyway! I'm not done. For now, I feel like this is the most important thing to happen before anything or any changes in ( Pvp powers, forge, weapon stats, combos etc ), Those are alone and I'm gonna talk about them right now, so hopefully when our hard-working developers could make them happen in the future later on.

So, a while ago I posted a thread talking about the ( Over-powered weapons and Combos ), This is gonna be very similar, but I promise I'm gonna go even deeper in it and give more advantages & disadvantages.

Let's start with the hottest topic between the few players that play PvP right now: The Weapons Combo !!!
    I talked enough about this in the last thread I made, the weapons combo is honestly way too much, come on now let's be real. It's hard to see something that depends on luck going around PvP, I've said it many times and I'm gonna say it again, PvP is not PvP if it's about luck.. It is not PvP, if the way to Win and kill someone is like playing rock paper scissors, that's what pvp is at the moment in my opinion, Rock paper scissors lol. There you have it, the hottest topic in PvP right now and I'm gonna suggest what would be possible to do to deal with that over-powered meta in the game right now.

Alright, Many people just start saying.. Entirely Remove the Combo! Nerf the Combo damage! etc etc... No I'm not gonna say any of that. Let's deal with this ''Weapons Combo'' In a creative way shall we?
    Weapon combo has always been in the game since the very start, and the chance of pvp players landing it on each other used to be kinda rare let's say. But now, people just enter pvp, sometimes not even charge any powers, spam everything and starting press spamming the weapon hit button hoping to land weapon combo and boom THEY Succeed! That's currently the meta in pvp right now and if you ask me, it's not fair or fun at all. It's not fair because you never know when they're gonna land since it's all random so you can't really counter it, because let's say you used the power ( Unholy Blessing ) as a one combo landed on you and it removed the effect of the combo, what are you gonna do if another combo lands? Yep, nothing you'll just sit there, and die. sometimes more than 3 weapon combos land so what I'm saying is, it's seriously way too over-powered. I'm tired of saying ooo it used to rarely land or bla bla, so how about a total new idea of that '' weapon combo '' ? For example, instead of making that weapon combo land by spamming the weapons button over and over, how about it gets transfered from spamming weapons to making a combo for using specific powers pattern just like Fatal burst and Brimstone? Maybe Make it possible to get that so called weapon combo only if you spam weapons after using (Ghost strike power)? Lemme make it more clear, Here you used the Ghost strike power so you get a chance to land a ONE weapon combo for 2-3 seconds ( short period of time ), now maybe that doesn't fit the Ghost strike power since it re-charges fast, trust me I know, But I'm sure you get the idea of what I'm saying. It could be any other power like Dark binding or Shadow dance or Rats since they do 0 damage now a days in pvp as the gems and weapons have too much armor!! That would be so beautiful, now to make it more clear I'll tell you why that's an advantage and what it has to do with pvp being more fun and alive. PvP is currently mainly about having fatal burst and brimstone in your power slots to land the burning combo, which isn't fun at all! Back in lvl36 and lvl41 PvP before the forge and the powerful gems with healing/armor/high damage etc like ( black moon medalions and braceletes) come out, that's how it was! Everyone used their own build creative build! I remember back in lvl36, someone asked me to give them a good build for PvP. Before anything, I first said come up with a build and tell me it to tell you if it's alright or not, the game's pvp is full of different powers and builds to use and there are many great things to use.
    Let's talk about the forge and the new powerful weapons and gems for a sec, We can't deny that the forge or those items are both awesome and cool as they're a big change in the game system and in the same time bad, because they killed ever other powers and passives in PvP and made everyone only use Fatal burst and brimstone powers without caring about passives since now we have too much armor, healing etc.. and fatal burst brimstone is the only and strongest build to use in PvP at the moment. So since we both love them and hate them in the same time, How about having no change in it for now as a start to fix PvP and get changes or possible buffs/nerfs in the main powers and passives we use? Let's not forget about the passives... For who doesn't know what the passives are, they are those 4 icons that show on the bottom of the powers page aka Sanguinary Wrath, Blood Shield, Vampiric Strength, Vampiric Vitality... Now a days since the forge came out, those became 98% useless, if you ask me. Many people have everything at zero of those except the vampiric strength at max level, and they would be playing just fine with no difference against someone who has those passives as a higher level. Why they became kinda useless? because the forge is way stronger than them, with the forge you are able to add alot more stats than the stats the passives add. Passives have always been a big part of PvPing before the forge came out, so we can't just ignore their existence. Any possible buffs will surely do to make them worth ranking/using in your build, especially in PvP.

Back to talking about the powers, since the forge is the new system, let's try and make everything else such as powers, combos etc balanced with it. The combo that Fatal Burst and Brimstone make if you use them together, is really strong and it's cool it's always been that way, but now that the forge came out and made other powers nothing against brim combo, how about the fatal burst and brimstone combo get slightly nerfed? Nerfed doesn't always mean lower the damage etc, a very logical nerf can be about reducing the time, the period of time that you can brim combo someone after charging Fatal Burst. Imagine that you're in PvP right now, someone charged fatal burst, waited 4-5 seconds then charged brim and landed the combo on you, do you think that is balanced against other powers? totally not. that way no matter what different power you use beside brim, you'll still eventually have a chance to be hit by the combo. if you ask me, a One Seond matters, maybe instead of 4-5 seconds period or 3-4 period, make it possible to only hit the brim combo if you charge brim right after using fatal burst, 2-3 seconds are more than enough in my opinion, that way we will have the ''playing smart meta'' back to PvP, there will be many creative possible ways to counter it if you're a good pvp player. For example, using leap build.. once your enemy that uses brimstone combo uses fatal burst, you leap. pushing them away and possibly changing their direction which wastes their time and they won't land the combo on you. That sounds more balanced doesn't it ? This alone will bring other powers to life, Rats will be useful even when they don't do too much damage as they push the enemy away if they hit, etc. Even dark binding would become useful. But yeah I'm sure ya'll get the point. Having only a 2 powers meta ( fatal and brim ) and them being almost uncountable and very annoying to play against now a days in normal matchs, isn't what we want in Pvp. One thing though, why the fatal and brim combo is almost uncountable? because the forge and the powerful elder gems/weapons arrived and they don't help other powers do alot of damage as much as fatal brim combo does, so yeah that's why. Now it doesn't end there, there are many many ideas that can help make those things the way we want them, and I personally will carry on to post more about it, and I'm sure many others would as well once we see some changes and when we make sure our ideas are being looked into and heard. oh and almost forgot, the forge and the powerful elder gems/weapons killed the pvp modes ( capture the flag and death match ) Now a days, the only pvp matchs you will find are Death match only, maybe find a Capture the flag once in a blue moon. and Even death match matchs are technically not a death match, they are just the arena for 1 vs 1 in boxes Everytime there are people in it. Why it's that way ? First, Because the only powers people use are Fatal burst and brim which makes them very boring, and Second, because there is too much armour/health/healing in the elder gems/weapons and the forge. It takes really long to kill someone in Capture the flag until their teammates come and they end up backing off and you won't get no kills, now I'm not complaining nope but It's the way it is, compared to before, now it takes alot more time to get a kill as in normal matchs, that's why everyone just plays 1 vs 1 in ''Death Match'' instead of actually playing the pvp game mode. A possible fix for that could be also by either no more way too strong procs in the gems in the future level caps, (procs like healing/more armour on top of the forge armour) and by buffing the other powers and passives as I mentioned above. I believe the gems, especially the elder gems shouldn't have healing or armour etc, because we really already get too much armor in the forge slots themself.

Last but not least, I know this doesn't have anything to do with the thread title, but since a few asked what I think about the current way the plat vanities etc are being treated as in future events, I'll post my take on it later on & give my honest opinion, about both The Events plat items/valueable farmables.

Thank You for your attention and I appreciate anyone that reads my thread Let's all not forget how the game stopped receieving updates for a long time, but then we got some attention and finally started getting them. I've always said this & I'll say it again, whatever happens in the end - whatever the updates and changes we get are, I'm sure the Developers (Thanks to them for the hard work on the game) know best & the game will always be unique and special to me and to many of you whatsoever.

Anybody that would like to mention anything or something I forgot to mention, please feel free to! The game won't become better if we don't put in enough effort and care to make it better, every little comment matters!

SUPER HYPED FOR THE NEXT NEW CAMPAIGNS AND LEVEL CAP!!!!!!

In-game name: Purifyheart

Feel free to contact me there! If you're struggling to get started with the game, feel free to join my guild: Eye Of Eternity 15 (The Biggest Guild on DL) We'll gladly help you Visit our guild thread in *DL GUILDS > EYE OF ETERNITY 15* or our Website : http://eoe15.weebly.com/ For more info about us.
    can we not forget about this... and accept the fact that everything said in here has to happen at some point

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DefinitelyNot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

now in pvp kill anyone I think before it was harder

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Breska For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breska View Post
    now in pvp kill anyone I think before it was harder
    It was. before it was about being smart and actually good in the game but now you just have to count on lucky weapon combos and spam weapons to win lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IShootFirst View Post
    It was. before it was about being smart and actually good in the game but now you just have to count on lucky weapon combos and spam weapons to win lol
    That's why most of ppls quitted pvp, now u need only luck in forging and vanity not skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

agreed on this
    I been ballin’ so damn hard I swear I think that I’m Kobe.