Thread: Ranked Idea for PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Lightbulb Ranked Idea for PvP

Ranked Ideas:

With there being a slow down of activity. I believe this maybe a good idea to attempt to improve the game. My idea includes making certain aspects of the game able to show a rank of your play. The more ranks you earn the more ranks show next to your name in towne!

I would like to suggest an idea where we improve our PvP community by adding in a ranked game mode. Basically you have to fight your way up every season. Which means no one appears better than everyone else except at the end of the season. I think the best way to incorporate this would be with using the honor arena, where most everything is skill based.

I suggest this idea not because I know I will be the top but because I want a better and more active PvP community, and what a better way than to include a mode where people want to increase their ranks. Everyone knows I am not there. I want this to be a way to help people improve their gameplay.

Rewards for the winners:
    I suggest some sort of an award for the top 5 to encourage people to try for it. I would like to leave that idea up to STS if they choose to use the idea.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NukeDragon For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

What about boosters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Maybe require teams to be using ranked mode. That way more can stop boosters.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDragon View Post
    Maybe require teams to be using ranked mode. That way more can stop boosters.
    I feel like ranked mode wld fare like honor pvp. Nobody would play it. Maybe if ranked mode was just applied in all public pvp arenas, but not in private matches to prevent boosters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

So you support the idea just want to further develop the idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ked-social-PvP

Here is someone also wanting this idea just maybe not too detailed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDragon View Post
    Ranked Ideas:

With there being a slow down of activity. I believe this maybe a good idea to attempt to improve the game. My idea includes making certain aspects of the game able to show a rank of your play. The more ranks you earn the more ranks show next to your name in towne!

I would like to suggest an idea where we improve our PvP community by adding in a ranked game mode. Basically you have to fight your way up every season. Which means no one appears better than everyone else except at the end of the season. I think the best way to incorporate this would be with using the honor arena, where most everything is skill based.

I suggest this idea not because I know I will be the top but because I want a better and more active PvP community, and what a better way than to include a mode where people want to increase their ranks. Everyone knows I am not there. I want this to be a way to help people improve their gameplay.

Rewards for the winners:
    I suggest some sort of an award for the top 5 to encourage people to try for it. I would like to leave that idea up to STS if they choose to use the idea.
    To make a good ranking system requires a lot of time and testing. I think it also cost money to improve the game in such a way. Also, PL is supposed to be a kids game, not a competitive game(some people may think otherwise). In my opinion, they shouldn't waste time on a ranking system, but rather spend time on fixing current issues. Maybe in the future if the game suddenly gets more players, they might get more profit from PL, then they should make a ranking system. Just maybe. But for now, they should not.
    Happy Holidays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

To make a good ranking system requires a lot of time and testing. I think it also cost money to improve the game in such a way. Also, PL is supposed to be a kids game, not a competitive game(some people may think otherwise). In my opinion, they shouldn't waste time on a ranking system, but rather spend time on fixing current issues. Maybe in the future if the game suddenly gets more players, they might get more profit from PL, then they should make a ranking system. Just maybe. But for now, they should not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

A new ranking system for pvp is an interesting idea. Keep the passion for PL going.

It will create a buzz and those who are competitive will want the top rank, and give the community a new goal to reach.

As others have mentioned there are ways to exploit the ranks via boosting kills.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

There's no real way to stop boosting so i would advise against this idea. I too wish there was more of a competitive aspect to PvP outside of tournaments