Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Second Server with game reset?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xzLegendszx View Post
    Do you really think that PL will have a huge Player base like in 2011? I can tell you it will never ever happen again. And after I looked up in PVE there are literally almost no rooms. 3 years ago it was a lot different.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk
    When did I ever say that?
    Just saying that people have said PL will be dead 'within the next year' for the past 5+ years and it hasn't happened.
    The playerbase was actually trending upward from December 2016 up until enchantments (as well as other factors like inflation) probably sucked the life out of the game and turned a huge amount of players away.

The game can be fixed so we have another upward trend that resembles the end of 2016 to the beginning of 2018 instead of a decline in the playerbase, but it's on the devs to fix it. There is plenty of feedback and solutions provided on forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snacking View Post
    Bruh just get out
    He’s already said no,, it wouldn’t work anyways.
    Show ne the post then.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Show ne the post then.

Stop trying to be a smartass and just accept the fact it will never happen. The risk of it is not worth that 0.1% chance that this is good for the game, since it isn't.

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Show ne the post then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Real talk: love the nostalgia, but it would be an excessively bad business decision to split this beloved player base into multiple games.
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...nds-Old-School

I and many others would drop everything to return to the 56cap. However, it isn't going to happen, and this is something we have been told time and time again.

Likewise, I have a few ideas as to how this could be implemented. However, i am not going to post about them when I know the answer will be a no.
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 03-31-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Cinco did say in one post he may remake Old based PL as a subscription game like 10$ a month or something. But i dont think he will go through with it because he is super busy and forums isnt as active as it used to be. People dont understand the more of the PL community we have on forums backing up ideas the more likely they will be followed through. Encourage your friends to make a forums acc and be active on it

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Cinco did say in one post he may remake Old based PL as a subscription game like 10$ a month or something. But i dont think he will go through with it because he is super busy and forums isnt as active as it used to be. People dont understand the more of the PL community we have on forums backing up ideas the more likely they will be followed through. Encourage your friends to make a forums acc and be active on it
    I mean, it was just a suggestion, but yeah it most likely will never happen for sad.

The very best thing that Spacetime could do would be releasing PL 2 - a game with the same mechanics (item system, loot, cs, sets, simple press to cast skills) but up to date graphic and new lvl design. Maybe a bit in the direction of Arcane Legends as well.

That would be very succesful for sure.

PL1 is dying out more and more each year, I was shocked how few players were in towne or talking in guild chat. Like max half of what I experienced around last year st. patty and bday events. Tbh, after rethinking, I don't think it is stoppable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

We all do reminisce about the days back when PL was new and fresh and there was so many playing. But we have to accept those days are behind us. PL is on its 9th year and it has changed with its player base.

Many have suggested a reboot, a old school PL, PL 2, separate servers etc. Time and time again there is a genuine buzz around the concepts, but the ideas have been heard and the reality is STS have made it clear they hear us but can not commit to these ideas for various reasons.

I love your passion for the game and your desire for PL to be popular again with this suggestion. Keep the love going.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

It's annoying how many times this has been suggested. No offense but the idea itself is terrible. It doesn't take into account the already small playerbase and the cost to run an entirely new server.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I actually took the small playerbase in account, and as I stated, a second server would most like increase the playerbase a bit again by granting a fairer and easier start for new players.

As I also admitted above, this would most likely not be enough to revive the game again or even stop it from "dying".

I also did not think about that the cost side of a new server would be even a problem nowadays. (Tbh I was thinking that a big developer of many server sided games would have more than enough server capacities. Also, Pl is not a complicated game, so it shouldn't take much space or "server power". But who knows - I'll admit I'm definitly not an expert xD)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to andreasobst For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Well then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andreasobst View Post
    I actually took the small playerbase in account, and as I stated, a second server would most like increase the playerbase a bit again by granting a fairer and easier start for new players.

As I also admitted above, this would most likely not be enough to revive the game again or even stop it from "dying".

I also did not think about that the cost side of a new server would be even a problem nowadays. (Tbh I was thinking that a big developer of many server sided games would have more than enough server capacities. Also, Pl is not a complicated game, so it shouldn't take much space or "server power". But who knows - I'll admit I'm definitly not an expert xD)
    Server space can be expensive and with the state of STS right now I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do something like this because it poises as too much of a risk. Concerning the small playerbase, you can't get 5 by dividing 4 in half my dude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Looks like you can close this Thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andreasobst View Post

Servers to purchase can cost a decent amount, however i would assume they have their games set up so they can run multiple access points per server, so in reality it shouldnt be expensive at all for them to potentially open a new one, especially since the pop is so low, meaning the servers arent consuming that many resources.

That being said though, as many have said STS is turning this idea down, likely due to the current decrease in players across the board, not only on PL. They are starting to work towards previously recommended solutions to better PL however.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Im a noob to forum just realized this is PL not AL forum.. My bad.. Hopefully you all work out your server issue.. Good luck farming and stuff

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CHAOSSS For This Useful Post:

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #35
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

I'd be much more excited about the prospect of making a new Legends game... when the time is right.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: