Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If XP-anywhere-elixir stays..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default If XP-anywhere-elixir stays..

Then something needs to be done towards the latest campaign, IMO.

Like I mentioned in another thread, almost everything points towards leveling outside of the latest campaign and coming back when you're the non-elite cap. Let's use Fang as reference.

Due to the latest implementation of the new level scaling loot compounded with the combination of an XP-anywhere-elixir + 4x XP elixir, there's no point in leveling in Fang from 60/61-65. If I'm not mistaken, you can't even loot crafting materials unless your 65 right? Could be wrong.

Anyway, from personal experience, using a Thrasher elixir + an extra 12 plat for a full hour of XP-anywhere-elixir is no doubt more convenient, easier, more effective, and may even be faster than using a Thrasher in Fang - which is only truly maximized if you have a couple of Thrasher players with you versus the soloability of the XP-anywhere-elixir.

That said, I really have no motive and incentive in using Fang until I get to 65 - some even at 66 because:

1. I don't get end-game loot anyway.
    2. I don't get crafting components anyway (I think).
    3. It's easier (mob-wise) to level outside.
    4. It doesn't require other people with a Thrasher to do.
    5. It lets me get all the kills in the map if I solo it.

Therefore, if the XP-anywhere-elixir is truly staying, I really suggest something should be added into the latest campaigns to prevent them from being neglected until you farm them. Other than those people who don't spend plat, everyone else may decide to hold off until they reach non-elite cap.

My idea, since the latest campaign effectively becomes a "farming" spot now more than anything, add more incentive to level on the mobs. What do you guys think will invite you to use the campaign again? Unique vanities dropping from the mobs?

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ellyidol For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Unique vanities would definitely keep me interested in Fang.

Someone else brought it first but I don't remember who so can not credit them but I think it was a fantastic fix so I'll repeat it. Make the xp gained a fraction according to the level they are playing. As it is right now, there is NO benefit to level in Fang until 65 & much faster (and I believe cheaper) if done in PP or other levels. For instance if you are playing in an area 5-10 levels below your current level reduce xp by 15-20 percent.
    15-20 " 25-30
    21-30 " 35-40 and so on and so forth. It would hinder the scenario you describe while still allowing friends to play with lower level frjends and still gain xp. The versatility ks still there but the abuse of it would be abated by the decreased xp given.

Just my two cents.

Edit: sorry tried to fix format but just too difficult on my tab. I guess the keyboard for it will be on my Xmas list.
    Last edited by kallima; 12-05-2011 at 04:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I agree, that's a nice way of putting it. I'm assuming 100% (or even more) for the latest campaign?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Yes, definitely 100% for latest campaign and even a nominal increase above that would definitely encourage people to level there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Right now my only reason to level my chars in Fang is that I like running with my friends better than soloing a low level. But else I don't really see a point atm.
    Like suggested a million times: How about something like cyber quests in Mt. Fang? Cyber and mystery quests were maybe the most motivating things in this game for me. So while you are leveling from 61 to 65 you could do the the quests for a nice level 65 set.

Vanity drops with a low rate like in SL don't motivate me much as they are too much luck based. I rather work steadily for something.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Very simple. They should fix the experience system. You get 1's and 2's per kill but degree of difficulty goes up every map? I mean who designs these things? It's the worst leveling up concept I've ever heard. They'll probably say oh the requirement goes up anyway, but that's a flawed logic, the xp requirement is supposed to be independent of xp you get per monster which means as the xp requirement goes up (as you level up), it shouldn't have anything to do with xp's you get from enemies, no relation w.h.a.t.s.o.e.v.e.r (common sense omg!), anyone who has played a decent MMO in recent memory would find PL's leveling up system laughable, it's generally a game for MMO noobs, if you know any better this is an unforgivable flaw. It's a broken system because the degree of difficulty varies from map to map. The XP-anywhere is actually a "normal" thing in other MMORPGS (no special item to purchase just to gain xp anywhere), you can gain xp anywhere, HOWEVER, you get significantly low xp-per-monster in lower level dungeons compared to higher level enemies, it's that SIMPLE really, yes really. This game is making players pay for something that's supposed to be a g.i.v.e.n. The issue is not on the fact that you can gain xp in lower level maps, that's a normal thing in MMO's, the issue is, the xp is linear, which is so wrong. For anyone who doesn't have any idea what I'm talking about, for instance, in a previous MMO I played, at level 5, xp requirement is 1000, level 5 dungeon, each enemy gives me roughly 100 xp per kill. Fast forward, I'm now level 75, xp requirement is 500,000, I will still gain the same 100 xp from that level 5 dungeon regardless of whatever. PERIOD. PERIOD. So simple my gosh. Seriously, this game needs to be taken seriously by serious PC and Console critics 'cuz it's going to get clobbered without the "oh-im-only-mobile MMO-please be nice" shield. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

1. I don't get end-game loot anyway.
    ...that's new. quite frankly, that was the only reason people would do the level cap areas from as soon as they could. does that also mean there will be no more specialized lower level twink-gear?
    (seeking info)
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    ...that's new. quite frankly, that was the only reason people would do the level cap areas from as soon as they could. does that also mean there will be no more specialized lower level twink-gear?
    (seeking info)
    Since one of the latest patches (1 month ago?), the loot scales to the level of the specific player.

Before, it was always dependent on the level of the highest player in the group.
    So when you wanted lvl51 gear in Sewers, you would need a team of only 52 and less, or you won't obtain the desired level loot.

This was changed, so every char who runs MF and is not lvl65/66 will only obtain lvl61 loot, (or 63 when they are 63/64).
    This gear is worth less, non craftable and only has a very short-term benefit, since it's outclassed by the actual endgame sets.
    Last edited by Gaunab; 12-05-2011 at 06:58 AM.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    Since one of the latest patches (1 month ago?), the loot scales to the level of the specific player.

Before, it was always dependent on the level of the highest player in the group.
    So when you wanted lvl51 gear in Sewers, you would need a team of only 52 and less, or you won't obtain the desired level loot.

This was changed, so every char who runs MF and is not lvl65/66 will only obtain lvl61 loot, (or 63 when they are 63/64).
    This gear is worth less, non craftable and only has a very short-term benefit, since it's outclassed by the actual endgame sets.
    a-ha, gotcha. maybe 4-5 level caps later, they will be used well in pvp and actually useful... imagine if gurgox hammers could be looted at lv46.
    useful-ness is all a matter of perspective
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Kinda makes sense now....

The item scaling was changed and at the time it didn't make sense. With these elixirs, it allows a high level to help a low level and the low level still pick up the rare items.

And to be honest, I have not seen a huge drop in value such as SSC.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

What I'm wondering isn't what can be done to fix this problem, because do we even know if it is a problem? What I'm saying is, are the devs happy with what they have done? If they are, I doubt anything will be changed. Not saying I don't see any problem, just pointing out something we should keep in mind now and in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    What I'm wondering isn't what can be done to fix this problem, because do we even know if it is a problem? What I'm saying is, are the devs happy with what they have done? If they are, I doubt anything will be changed. Not saying I don't see any problem, just pointing out something we should keep in mind now and in the future.
    From a consumer perspective, I would be inclined to agree, after all, it's cheaper and easier for me. But taking into consideration the long-term and the STS perspective, I see it as a problem IMO.

Here we are asking for more depth and creativity into their newest campaigns (which will be our latest campaigns), yet we only use them to farm and minimal leveling after the non-elite cap.

I would say this feature is like eating up their effort into the newest campaigns they release.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellyidol For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Why not just permanently open the level range to about 10 levels when joining a campaign and not include it the the last released campaign.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

With endgame i love the idea of cyber type quests (long, involved, & worth being proud of ).How about vyxnar type rare spawned enemies with a chance of vanity. If an elixer dropped as loot that gave say 2x exp, & it only dropped at the latest map that would increase traffic in that lev. and hopefully drop endgame prices.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I agree to the idea of open world xp, which should have been there from the start. I don't agree of charging players for it, because it's "normal". It's like charging somebody for 1plat for buying an item in any NPC, it's ridiculously funny and frustrating at the same time. Please fix the xp system as what I said above and you have a real game with legit level up system. This is so not legit, I can cheat my way to level cap, might as well bot the game for $49.99 (which is cheap), I know people who bought bot programs at higher prices (realize each bot behaves differently to avoid being caught so the better the bot, the pricier). From a corporate point of view of course STS got their bosses breathing behind their necks, which is normal, but how come other companies delivered well? Must be something wrong goin on right, unless nobody has ever done it ever there's no reason for STS not to, it's been done before, all you have to do is follow the footsteps of games that succeeded nothing wrong with that. PL is like a restaurant who serves dessert before main course (if it comes at all), we get all the cheats and goodies, but the main course, the real game, the content, it's...."walks away"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I wish it was like the old days when 50 was the cap. When a lvl 20 could go to AO3 and get shot down lol. That was how I had the most fun in PL. That made everything seem soo less "restricted". It was like "oh, I think I'll go to Alien Oasis today. It might be alot harder but this is something different than grinding the same maps over and over!" Get what I'm getting at?

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Wow. They just raised the price of that elixar to 5 platinum. They just lost my $....

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

5 plat for how many minutes?

arq

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arqueroverde:503209
    5 plat for how many minutes?

arq
    5 minutes I believe

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I just like it because we can get kills sorry sts but im lacking on kills