Thread: How to get more drops

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How to get more drops

I was wondering if there is a way to get more drops from the mobs because I barely get any drops from mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Trash loot? Nothing really, I think it's even more random than boss loot.

Soloing helps, trash loot goes to nobody but you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I'm afraid all drops are completely random and independent, meaning there is no way to alter them. You can improve your chance of getting a good drop with luck enhancers, but these will not increase the amount of drops you get from mobs. This also means that there is no way to increase your chance of getting a vanity drop which, IMO, is great as they will forever remain as the rarest types of gear in the game.
    Trollee [41] Trollix [40] Trollex [40]
    Trolley [25] Trolli [20] Trolly [15] Trolle [10]

<Fashion Police> <Twink Inc.>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Soloing helps, trash loot goes to nobody but you.
    sure it isnt that item drop rolls are also independent? i always noticed a lot more drops occurring with entire teams traversing dungeons, leading to believe each person had a chance.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Running with teams is a good way to get drops faster as you can traverse the dungeons faster. I found it is all random but it is true running lower level dungeons solo will give you a bit more as you will obtain all the drops. There is no magic startegy to get rare vanity or pinks as these are very random. Keep in mind drops are now scaled to your level now so most drops will be equal to your level except vanity drops (which is very rare I have been playing for over 2 and half months and still have not seen a vanity drop).

Just be sure to open all chests along the way as this will also give you gold on all opens and an occasional red and or blue stimpack with the drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I've noticed that if you don't get the kill you don't seem to get the chance at the drop either. Deff noticed this with vanities.
    <- design by Pianowizzy
    CHOWNis - 41 Commando | Nachownis - 25 Operative Twink | Chownisis - 39 Killa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TsunamiTheClown:502712
    I've noticed that if you don't get the kill you don't seem to get the chance at the drop either. Deff noticed this with vanities.
    Very true is why i mentioned solo runs but is slow... U get the kill u get the drop from mobs..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you all for your helpful ways

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

some mobs drop. you can notice and steal them in full runz. full runs drop in more spots :/

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

i noticed during some of my runs, you do not need to hit the finishing blow in order to get the loot while in a full group. there was a couple of times when i was blown off or pushed very far from the map away from my team and as i was running back, i saw that i got a drop and there isn't any chest in the vicinity as well. i tried to test it out as and when i played. i would at times follow in a team and suddenly don't attack the mobs at all. Sometimes, i do get the loot despite not fighting the mobs in a group. i wonder what's the mechanics.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Ive noticed that the more members you have in your group the more drops you get, inturn probably better a chance of getting vanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

hmm if you do solo runs and only the first few mobs, its very likely that you wont drop any loot for a lot of games, yes, there are more drops in full runs but this seems to be after one of the recent updates, also noticed that you get drops when you havent killed or attacked a mob, maybe if you are the largest threat to the mob you get it
    one way to get more drops is to go solo and remake the map after you get the first 5 or 10 rolls no matter how far into the map you are, if you get a lot of drops early on, you can be pretty sure that there will be fewer drops later on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    Running with teams is a good way to get drops faster as you can traverse the dungeons faster. I found it is all random but it is true running lower level dungeons solo will give you a bit more as you will obtain all the drops. There is no magic startegy to get rare vanity or pinks as these are very random. Keep in mind drops are now scaled to your level now so most drops will be equal to your level except vanity drops (which is very rare I have been playing for over 2 and half months and still have not seen a vanity drop).

Just be sure to open all chests along the way as this will also give you gold on all opens and an occasional red and or blue stimpack with the drop.
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by TsunamiTheClown View Post
    I get drops all the time on my no kill toon, so this can't be 100% accurate. pretty sure devs have said that drops are completely random, period. I've never gotten a vanity, but i seen someone in my run drop one when i killed the enemy. i think there is just a lot of speculation about how to better your drops when it's all the luck of the draw.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

For vanities - I noticed drop chance on a mob is extremely low. For chests it seems a little bit higher, as most forum pics of drops are off of chests. So there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of a drop, by making a vanity run.

Vanity run - Works best with the level 3-4 map of Numa Prime. Use the green orbs to ran past all of the mobs, only open chests, and remake (unless you want to kill boss for some occasional chump change). This way takes a lot of focus and if your not paying attention, you can die really fast. So if your a zero death tune or just wanna take it easy, farm outerlimits. Kill mobs as you go, only open the chests, don't kill the bosses and remake. I know that a vanity can be anywhere anytime, but when it comes down to farming 500-2,000 runs, making a more productive run is faster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX:506000
    Running with teams is a good way to get drops faster as you can traverse the dungeons faster. I found it is all random but it is true running lower level dungeons solo will give you a bit more as you will obtain all the drops. There is no magic startegy to get rare vanity or pinks as these are very random. Keep in mind drops are now scaled to your level now so most drops will be equal to your level except vanity drops (which is very rare I have been playing for over 2 and half months and still have not seen a vanity drop). Po

qft

I get drops all the time on my no kill toon, so this can't be 100% accurate. pretty sure devs have said that drops are completely random, period. I've never gotten a vanity, but i seen someone in my run drop one when i killed the enemy. i think there is just a lot of speculation about how to bettekr your drops when it's all the luck of the draw.
    True i am mistaken since last update now i see drops going to anyone... Wether u get a kill or not does not matter in groups.. ran a few solos getting drops there at same mobs on numa... Ran with group and seen drops a little more often but keep in mind they can go to anyone so chances of getting the drop go down since there are more players it could goto. Thnx for the correction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure how true this can be, if it engs would rarely get anything...

Teslaprentice 36 Operative -Sparkling Pwnies
    Teslasminion 35 Commando -Sparkling Pwnies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

True i am mistaken since last update now i see drops going to anyone... Wether u get a kill or not does not matter in groups.. ran a few solos getting drops there at same mobs on numa... Ran with group and seen drops a little more often but keep in mind they can go to anyone so chances of getting the drop go down since there are more players it could goto. Thnx for the correction
    Here is my thinking. For argument's sake, lets say there is a 1/10 chance of an item dropping, period. So if i run by myself, an item will drop 1 in 10 times when an enemy is killed.

If i run with 4 other people, everyone still has a 1/10 chance of getting a drop from each enemy, so adding that up, there is a 5/10 (or 1/2) chance that someone will get an item from an enemy. This is why you see more drops when running with a group, but theoretically, the number of drops you personally get should not increase from when you run solo as compared to when you run with a group.

I think this is what you were getting at iron, just makes a little more sense to me when explained with math. Correct me if you meant something else.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*