Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Amazing idea cinco read pls

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I think the major issue with this is the complexity of making it consistent with Auction (namely with respect to list prices and auction slots). As it stands the concept is basically just a way to circumvent list prices for individual items and a character’s auction slots. To fix this we would need to make the pack contents limited to the number of available slots and then make packs take up some arbitrary number of slots when listed - based on the number of items in the pack - otherwise all historical player auction slot purchases would be in vain. Adding to this the complexity of setting list prices for individual items as they are put into the pack... or worse a system that reads the pack contents and then sets listing fees - all seems out of scope for a system that already works well for the vast majority of player to player sales.
    I think I may have figured out how to implement it?

You said the packs tab is meant for something like treasure chests that I’m sure are soon going to be added. Will the cs just read the treasure chest as one item?
    Now, hear me out.
    What if you added a crafting station in Townes with cs, (balefort, ok’tal) and you have treasure chests you can craft. BUT the only thing you can craft are sets into treasure chests.
    I’m talking like, there’s a crystalline chest, shadow keeper chest, Demonic chest, Volta chest, etc. The needed components to craft them are the full crystalline set or the other sets I mentioned, (crystalline is just an example) as well as a recipe that costs 0 or 1 plat. Then we have crafted a crystalline chest, ready to be opened containing a full crystalline set. This chest can be sold, traded, or opened by the player who crafted it for free, giving the full set to said player.

Would this be possible?
    Last edited by Snacking; 04-06-2019 at 02:24 PM.