Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Amazing idea cinco read pls

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Default Amazing idea cinco read pls

Now that I’ve seen the “packs” tab in the cs it kind of sparked an idea for me.
    I’m not sure what packs are really, but what if we could make our own packs to sell? Like we could bundle up a complete set such as crystalline set, shadows set, etc and sell it as a whole. One price instead of scattering all 4 pieces across cs and breaking up the set.

Thoughts please!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snacking For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I actually really like this

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eatmyshred For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

hmmmmmmm i like this idea! pls reply what you guys think :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I wa thinking the same thing when I seen pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snacking View Post
    Now that I’ve seen the “packs” tab in the cs it kind of sparked an idea for me.
    I’m not sure what packs are really, but what if we could make our own packs to sell? Like we could bundle up a complete set such as crystalline set, shadows set, etc and sell it as a whole. One price instead of scattering all 4 pieces across cs and breaking up the set.

Thoughts please!
    +1 This is actually a really good idea and it will help new players a lot so they don't get scammed by someone.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Upvote 1k for me

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

not a bad idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

+1 would be a nice feature because searching for days and spamming auto chats to buy a full set at once is annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

A wonderful idea in my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

+1 selling sets in cs would be very nice and easy to find sets we want as well as selling it faster overnight.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

A very interesting way to add to these packs to request what sets we desire. It does make obtaining a level set much easier. Will the purchase of these packs be limited to platinum alone?

The only down side to this addition is making players lazy. The traditional way of getting an entire set was to farm for it, or wait for farmers to sell items, merchs to buy sets etc.

With the capacity of purchasing an entire level set it does increase the amount of sets in the PL economy. Farmers will still farm, but pvpers & merchs will most likely purchase an entire set without farming at all.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    A very interesting way to add to these packs to request what sets we desire. It does make obtaining a level set much easier. Will the purchase of these packs be limited to platinum alone?

The only down side to this addition is making players lazy. The traditional way of getting an entire set was to farm for it, or wait for farmers to sell items, merchs to buy sets etc.

With the capacity of purchasing an entire level set it does increase the amount of sets in the PL economy. Farmers will still farm, but pvpers & merchs will most likely purchase an entire set without farming at all.
    Well yes, people buy sets. I’m sure even more will look to buy those hard to find sets if the option to bundle them up in the packs tab in cs is implemented. Thatd be giving them all the reason more to farm, no?

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

I think the major issue with this is the complexity of making it consistent with Auction (namely with respect to list prices and auction slots). As it stands the concept is basically just a way to circumvent list prices for individual items and a character’s auction slots. To fix this we would need to make the pack contents limited to the number of available slots and then make packs take up some arbitrary number of slots when listed - based on the number of items in the pack - otherwise all historical player auction slot purchases would be in vain. Adding to this the complexity of setting list prices for individual items as they are put into the pack... or worse a system that reads the pack contents and then sets listing fees - all seems out of scope for a system that already works well for the vast majority of player to player sales.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I think the major issue with this is the complexity of making it consistent with Auction (namely with respect to list prices and auction slots). As it stands the concept is basically just a way to circumvent list prices for individual items and a character’s auction slots. To fix this we would need to make the pack contents limited to the number of available slots and then make packs take up some arbitrary number of slots when listed - based on the number of items in the pack - otherwise all historical player auction slot purchases would be in vain. Adding to this the complexity of setting list prices for individual items as they are put into the pack... or worse a system that reads the pack contents and then sets listing fees - all seems out of scope for a system that already works well for the vast majority of player to player sales.
    I think I may have figured out how to implement it?

You said the packs tab is meant for something like treasure chests that I’m sure are soon going to be added. Will the cs just read the treasure chest as one item?
    Now, hear me out.
    What if you added a crafting station in Townes with cs, (balefort, ok’tal) and you have treasure chests you can craft. BUT the only thing you can craft are sets into treasure chests.
    I’m talking like, there’s a crystalline chest, shadow keeper chest, Demonic chest, Volta chest, etc. The needed components to craft them are the full crystalline set or the other sets I mentioned, (crystalline is just an example) as well as a recipe that costs 0 or 1 plat. Then we have crafted a crystalline chest, ready to be opened containing a full crystalline set. This chest can be sold, traded, or opened by the player who crafted it for free, giving the full set to said player.

Would this be possible?
    Last edited by Snacking; 04-06-2019 at 02:24 PM.

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

I think I may have figured out how to implement it?

You said the packs tab is meant for something like treasure chests that I’m sure are soon going to be added. Will the cs just read the treasure chest as one item?
    Now, hear me out.
    What if you added a crafting station in Townes with cs, (balefort, ok’tal) and you have treasure chests you can craft. BUT the only thing you can craft are sets into treasure chests.
    I’m talking like, there’s a crystalline chest, shadow keeper chest, Demonic chest, Volta chest, etc. The needed components to craft them are the full crystalline set or the other sets I mentioned, (crystalline is just an example) as well as a recipe that costs 0 or 1 plat. Then we have crafted a crystalline chest, ready to be opened containing a full crystalline set. This chest can be sold, traded, or opened by the player who crafted it for free, giving the full set to said player.

Would this be possible?
    Treasure chest items will appear as a single item in the CS. I see what you are saying but unfortunately this does not address my concerns because it still circumvents the auction bays and listing fees that are integral to the CS :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Treasure chest items will appear as a single item in the CS. I see what you are saying but unfortunately this does not address my concerns because it still circumvents the auction bays and listing fees that are integral to the CS :-)
    I’m confused. Wouldn’t it just appear the same as listing a regular treasure chest, once you get the auction bays / fees for listing chests in cs figured out?

I don’t really understand the specifics behind the coding or whatever in all of it so I may sound dumb. I’m not a computer whiz,, just curious.
    Last edited by Snacking; 04-08-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I’m confused. Wouldn’t it just appear the same as listing a regular treasure chest, once you get the auction bays / fees for listing chests in cs figured out?

I don’t really understand the specifics behind the coding or whatever in all of it so I may sound dumb. I’m not a computer whiz,, just curious.
    He isn't talking about the coding itself, hes referring to the already established auction system for the CS. When you list an item it takes one of your item slots/bays for the auction after you pay a certain fee based on the amount of gold you're asking for the item.

He is saying that the major complexity is taking the established auction slot/bays system that people spent money on to increase the amount of slots they have and implement a system where you can now package up all those items that used to consume slots into one item, essentially making the money people spent a complete waste depending how its implements (which is what hes referring to). Same goes for the gold, rather than paying gold for each item as its always been, it would be paying gold for that one package, which would potentially mean people have wasted countless thousands, or even millions listing items.

This all being said, as he mentioned there is a way to do it but it wouldn't be easy. He would have to find a way to make the packs consume however many slots for the items in the pack and balance the gold cost to list the pack, likely based on the items within the pack. Which would be an issue because many of the rarer items aren't consistently listed in the cs to get a reference value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Some things we are all forgetting to mention include that the level section of the item pack should be that of the highest levelled item in the pack. That way, if you meet that requirement you can equip all the items available upon purchase (assuming stats are fine).

Also, the name of the item packs should have some type of filter so we can't put any slurs or offensive messages in the CS.

Also, ban certain recurrences of strings and characters from being entered so that we can't abuse the games coding, as is done in other games. What these could be would be beyond me because i haven't seen much of the game's coding.

Now, here's a potential solution for the other issues mentioned in this post:

If you list an item pack in CS, each packaged item should also appear available in its unique slot (weapon, for example). The catch is, if it is listed in a pack it should appear in its unique slot for '-1' gold so that it cannot be purchased EXCEPT out of the item pack slot. This would fix the problem of slot issues along with giving an indication that the item is available in the CS still. Upon finding a specifc item in the weapons section, it should also indicate what pack this is found in (this should be fairly straightforward to implement.)

Note: i picked '-1' gold for the individual item's price because i'm fairly certain it is impossible to attain -1 gold in your inventory. I can only think of one potential method of attaining '-1' gold, but i'm almost certain it's not feasible, let alone consistent. Perhaps a better value would be the character 'p' for pack. (assuming that has no use in a player class elsewhere).

For packs, change the listing fee to be a total of: 5% of the most expensive item + 3 day rate. In other words, the cost to list a pack is about 4.x times the normal value but it lets you list more than one item at a time... i think that's worth it.

Now that that's out of the way, here is an example of what i mean:

You want to sell a 4pack consisting of:
    L25 Dreamers Elven Helmet (5k)
    L25 Fiendish Monkey's Paw (1mil)
    L25 Dreamer's Earthquake wraps(5k)
    L25 Valentine's Black Heart Shield (490k)

The cost of listing each item individually for 3days is:

Helm: 1050
    Weapon: 11k
    Armor: 1050
    Shield: 5900

With the total being: 19k

If you list these items as a pack, the listing price becomes:

assuming the 3day rate is 800gold because i can't find the thread with the figures.

=> listing of pack = (0.05*1e6) + 3day rate
    => listing of pack = 50k + 800
    => listing of pack = 50800 gold

This way you make slightly less gold selling it as a pack, but for the sake of convenience i think this is worth it.

Here's an image i whipped up of what the above example would look like. Yes, i forgot to change the bottom text in listings... it should be whatever the top one says (5 of 5, in this case).

Note how 5slots are used to list 4items. That way, the package counts as an item that takes up a slot, meaning it is able to be purchased. (if it didn't take up a slot you wouldn't be able to buy it because you'd run out of memory somewhere.. and that's not ideal).

Last edited by burntoutdex; 04-08-2019 at 11:58 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    Some things we are all forgetting ...
    Ideally every item in the pack would be the same level to make it a set, however i know some sets have slight level differences, like the 71 elite sets have the armor/helms being 70 while the weapon is 71. It will be interesting to see how its implemented to begin with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkknightii View Post
    Ideally every item in the pack would be the same level to make it a set, however i know some sets have slight level differences, like the 71 elite sets have the armor/helms being 70 while the weapon is 71. It will be interesting to see how its implemented to begin with.
    Indeed.

Twink levels such as 15&25 use L10&20 shields respectively. Ideally, you would sell your whole set of gear in one pack, meaning the levels would vary.

Doing it the way i suggested, where the level of the pack is dictated by the highest levelled item is probably the best solution.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post: