Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: De-enchantments are necessary guys to save pvp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Enchants are for all contexts not just PvP and adding more has always been in the plan. If you like no enchantments in PvP there is Honor (and soon Honor Elite).

Why the resistance to looting items and refraining from enchanting them?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Enchants are for all contexts not just PvP and adding more has always been in the plan. If you like no enchantments in PvP there is Honor (and soon Honor Elite).

Why the resistance to looting items and refraining from enchanting them?
    Right, but non-enchanted gear gets the job done just fine in PVE with a pet equipped. There isn't a huge need for them in PVE besides the gold loot enchants, that's why all the discussion about enchants constantly centers around PVP.

I'm intrigued. Could you tell us more about Honor Elite?

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Right, but non-enchanted gear gets the job done just fine in PVE with a pet equipped. There isn't a huge need for them in PVE besides the gold loot enchants, that's why all the discussion about enchants constantly centers around PVP.

I'm intrigued. Could you tell us more about Honor Elite?
    Based on previous feedback (I think it was a discussion where both you and Snacking contributed) I’ve put together a design for Honor Gear that uses Elite endgame statistics but removes the ability to enchant. I believe the nutshell conclusion on existing Honor is that it feels too much like “twink PvP” and is thus uninteresting to endgame players who want the feel of high end gear. :-)

Hopefully these items will be available before the 110 cap - circa Birthday... but no promises yet. Still need to finalize the rewards for our 9th bday event.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Based on previous feedback (I think it was a discussion where both you and Snacking contributed) I’ve put together a design for Honor Gear that uses Elite endgame statistics but removes the ability to enchant. I believe the nutshell conclusion on existing Honor is that it feels too much like “twink PvP” and is thus uninteresting to endgame players who want the feel of high end gear. :-)

Hopefully these items will be available before the 110 cap - circa Birthday... but no promises yet. Still need to finalize the rewards for our 9th bday event.
    Great to hear!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Well, that wasn't one of my conclusions. "Twink PVP" nowadays is just two-shot kills for the most part above level 30.

Endgame Honor PVP is so much better than twink Honor PVP (referring to level 35ish). I think Snacking has only played level 30-40 Honor which is lackluster and has too much damage in comparison to endgame Honor in my opinion. Endgame Honor feels a lot different due to the added stats and presumably different arena modifiers which have resulted in more balance.

A lot of people seem to state that their reason for not wanting to play Honor PVP is because the gear looks noobish, which is just a funny reason to avoid the mode in my opinion. The other reasons people choose not to play is because they want more Honor arenas (like a Forest Fight! Honor arena or a CTF Rockwall Forts Honor arena), which is more understandable.

Elite Honor should be interesting, although I wonder what the point of regular endgame PVP zones that allow enchanted items will be then. If the stats are essentially equivalent to level 105 sets or in the future level 110 sets that do not have enchants, then is there a reason to enchant items for PVP purposes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Could we get farming able arena honor/ elite arena armor drops. Maybe same stats but looks really cool. And can like one of the boss in pvp drop it so we could troll people trying to farm it by killing them. And can it be the last person that land the hit who has the chance of getting the drop not the whole team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk