Thread: List of Tanking problems and solutions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Exclamation List of Tanking problems and solutions

After looking through as many post as I could find about tanking and how difficult it is i put together a list of solutions.

Reduce the damage of one handed weapons but increase the threat pulled by them. ( Hybrids would just use two handers for PvE because they are supposed to be damage dealers and in PvP they only use one handed weapons because of the stats and the extra armour the shield gives em. )

Give warriors a small threat metre that shows their threat for the current mob. ( could just be a coloured square in the top right hand corner that changes between red, green and orange )

Increase the general health pool be especially for tanks ( if they can keep the agro they should be the only ones being hit beside aoe attacks, this is why i didnt just say the bears health pool because a lot of bosses one shot enchantresses and archers. This way they'd at least survive one attack. )

Increase the threat produced with stomp and beckon by double. ( So tanks aren't just stun locking)

Decrease the cool down on taunt by 2 seconds and increase the affect by 1 second. ( this way warriors won't be stuck with all their attacks on cool down and the extra second would give them just a little more time to get their hold on run aways)

Increase the armour of shields ( gives PvP pallies the option to still use sheilds but makes sure warriors take reduced damage compared to the others in the group. Tanks should not take the same damage as dps. this would reduce the chances of them getting one shotted by crits.)

If talent trees come out give warriors a high threat attack that hits say three targets. ( to make sure this balances with the other classes and sub classes give them both their own versions of a threat reducer such as faint or fake dead. make the warrior move do small damage so its an equal addition to the others classes abilities. I realise that that would mean that their would not be enough spaces in the current ability slots so this idea could only be added when skill trees exist because that way you could limit the amount of attacks a player can have.

Their could be passive talents for each class and that could be how the tanks get their extra health and armour. This would be a great way to make tanks tanks and make sure that dps warriors would get the extra armour and health and still have the stronger attacks.

Another addition that could be introduced is that just one of the one handed weapons is reduced in damage and increased in threat so that palliies, strong birdies and even warrior who like to damage deal with a one handed weapon still can.

Just ideas xD

Tell me what you agree or disagree with, feedback is very welcome!
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

No. Maybe if PL was all PvE, but it's not. Warriors are already OP (PvP wise), they don't need to be any more powerful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just half everything to do with taunt except the threat it generates, then maybe warriors could actually hold aggro.

In regards to the rest of it, the game has serious issues with mechanics, all warriors use Isis, it has the best defense, the best health regen and the best evade, go figure?! You spend 80% of your time dodging the damage, when it lands, 99% of the time it's a crit, there goes 80% of your health, then any hit that lands finishes you off...oh the fun.