Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The 12/5 Recap - Dev Feedback on Level Access, Heyzap refinements, Bug Fixes, Holiday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

"The intent is with the Platinum price is to have something of a barrier where people are less likely to abuse it and end up annoying other players." - Samhayne

I think it was a good idea and they have good reason. Let us see how it turns out and see how we can improve it.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Although I am sure you do not yet have an exact release date, (last minute touches and whatnot) when you do know, it would be great to be given an exact date.

A lot of players have a wealth of time and plat spent on their journey to 36.

A "gang its coming out the 17th!" would let people do the math, see how much exp they need each day, see if it's even possible, and weigh their options.

No one wants to be husslin, almost there, then get blind-sided with it coming out in the AM; the last 5 days plat spent that could have been saved in a futile effort.

Many would appreciate this.

Thank you for your consideration.

Woof
    Testament
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Wow! Just wow! The devs give us.something that breathes new life into PL and a few, and I do mean a few (most people I know enjoyed the new elixir) complain so now I have to pay 5 plat.

Well there goes that fun. I guess my lvl 35 won't get to play in Plasma Pyramid after all.

Thanks a lot!

:banghead:

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    Although I am sure you do not yet have an exact release date, (last minute touches and whatnot) when you do know, it would be great to be given an exact date.

A lot of players have a wealth of time and plat spent on their journey to 36.

A "gang its coming out the 17th!" would let people do the math, see how much exp they need each day, see if it's even possible, and weigh their options.

No one wants to be husslin, almost there, then get blind-sided with it coming out in the AM; the last 5 days plat spent that could have been saved in a futile effort.

Many would appreciate this.

Thank you for your consideration.

Woof
    Testament
    It's coming soon. It probably won't be this week, but it sure could be next.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    Wow! Just wow! The devs give us.something that breathes new life into PL and a few, and I do mean a few (most people I know enjoyed the new elixir) complain so now I have to pay 5 plat.

Well there goes that fun. I guess my lvl 35 won't get to play in Plasma Pyramid after all.

Thanks a lot!

We are still evaluating pricing. The only way to do that is to give it a try and see what people do. Thanks much for your feedback.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We are still evaluating pricing. The only way to do that is to give it a try and see what people do. Thanks much for your feedback.
    The new 5 plat thing is up, so what do we need to do to get it back down to one plat? Would it help if we fixed the code that won't let the developers remove kill counts from the new elixir? I guess I could give it a shot.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Thanks for the response Sam. My ire is not for the development team. You do the ansolute best you can to deal with us ungrateful zealots who demand everything be our way. You guys and gals are definitely stuck between a rock and a hard place. You could always do whatever you want and say the heck with the people (I've seen this before) but you don't. And that is the reason I always seem like a "Yes Man". I truly appreciate what you guys do. It was just I really liked these elixirs, but cannot pay 5 plat for 5 minutes.

Thanks as always! This is by no means a deal breaker for me. I love PL and will be logged in at my usual time (about an hour from now).

See ya in Alterra!

PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel:503191
    Thanks for the response Sam. My ire is not for the development team. You do the ansolute best you can to deal with us ungrateful zealots who demand everything be our way. You guys and gals are definitely stuck between a rock and a hard place. You could always do whatever you want and say the heck with the people (I've seen this before) but you don't. And that is the reason I always seem like a "Yes Man". I truly appreciate what you guys do. It was just I really liked these elixirs, but cannot pay 5 plat for 5 minutes.

Thanks as always! This is by no means a deal breaker for me. I love PL and will be logged in at my usual time (about an hour from now).

See ya in Alterra!

Im not a zealot >
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

The 5 minutes is how long you have to be able to zone hop. Once you are in, you're good until you travel to another zone.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Please just take the elixir that 'let's you get xp from lower levels' out. All it is doing is ruining the game and making the players more upset. The one that let's you go up is ok, I think.

I don't really understand why STS would put the 'one that let's you go down' in the game :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Planet Vularia...hmmm!!!
    Time to Solve the mystery everyone....i am ready with my Blade Fin...whos with me??
    Sam...there are rumours In the Game
    Update is 14th or 17th....thanks a lot for confirming...its next week

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    Please just take the elixir that 'let's you get xp from lower levels' out. All it is doing is ruining the game and making the players more upset. The one that let's you go up is ok, I think.

I don't really understand why STS would put the 'one that let's you go down' in the game :/
    Because for those of us who could care less about the leader boards and not looking to exploit xp gaining ( it really is faster in fang with a semi competent team) were having a ton of fun with it. It really does break up the monotony of fang runs over and over.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Overall I like the whole idea of the new elixar. It makes it fair game for everyone. Even kill boosting is fair. Think about it, if you are on the leaderboard for kills, you can boost just like anyone else. 1 platinum for 5 minutes I believe is fair also.

Everyone complaining about kill boosting is actually complaining about something totally different. They are complaining about elixars in general. This new elixar added nothing but a faster way to level and gain kills. Ever since elixars came out "kill boosting" was possible. This new elixar changes nothing....EXCEPT (caps for emphasis) the fact that the new campaign will be neglected until top level/ hardcore top level.

As far as I can can see changing the price of the elixar will not solve this problem. Personally I never wanted to level up to 65/66. Then the new elixar came out and it was impossible to get booted from 60% of games joined or never be able to find a group at all. Why? Because I could solo or play with my lower level buddies. Now, I'm back to not leveling anymore. Why? Because I'm not gonna spend my life savings on a video game...I'm sorry sts, 1 plat a minute is too ridiculous for me.

On the bright side, I can't wait till all the winter campaigns come out!!! THAT, is where my plat is going.
    Anyways, overall thanks for the information Sts I appreciate it!

~MM
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 12-05-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    Wow! Just wow! The devs give us.something that breathes new life into PL and a few, and I do mean a few (most people I know enjoyed the new elixir) complain so now I have to pay 5 Plat.

I'm going to use the argument that so many already have, "STS isn't forcing you to buy it and you don't have to use or buy plat to have fun in PL."

I think 5 plat is a reasonable fee. I don't think that it fixes the issues of which the majority were complaining though. I am not on LB's and don't have the desire to ever be on LB's but for those that worked to get there the right way, I feel for them.

Additionally, why not make it a little more expensive to level in an area that is much easier and cheaper? 12k/hr in Balefort and one gets to keep all the kills? Simple math, STS would lose money because the majority are going to use it like that - human nature. AND that 12k xp/hr, that's just soloing - so itd increase nominally with a full party. I don't think you and a small minority would abuse it like that, but STS has said before they have to factor in the lowest denominator. So if they want easy leveling and can save plat compared to leveling in Fang, they need to pay for that convenience. Personally, make it 10plat, to me it's whatever, if I want to help a friend I would pay it. Heck, I've spent about 500plat after I reached 66 just so the runs would be faster, which means my friends could level faster.

Oh and before anyone says well you did it because you could still get the chance at pinks - this is when the NO pinks dropping glitch was going on.
    Last edited by kallima; 12-06-2011 at 02:09 AM. Reason: add'l info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Not everyone has the money you have :\ I think that's why many don't like the new elixar. I know for me, i felt like i was cruising through levels and I was starting to have fun again, but the new price is well over my budget

As of everything else you said, I do agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Have you guys fixed pvp? (engineers are really messed up)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

The elixir price is still affordable by high levels who want more PVE kills.
    That's the only reason why STS has not removed the kill count issue.
    They don't want to dissapoint their top Platinum Spenders, AKA top PvE Leaderboard People.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why take of the lv 36 elite vanity helms please bring them back
    Last edited by Jasonm; 02-01-2012 at 07:02 PM.

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonm View Post
    Why take of the lv 36 elite vanity helms please bring them back
    Sorry Jasonm, the elite vanities always go away when a new elite level cap comes out.
    | | | |