Thread: Update Web Presence/Social Media Activity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Update Web Presence/Social Media Activity

Hey there,

I've been looking into some of the reasons surrounding why player counts could be down other than just potential in-game reasons, since honestly i'm not sure that's the actual issue entirely. My findings so far include 3 things.

1) Advertising
    2) Social Media Activity
    3) Web Presence

I'll go ahead and tackle each of these in order since i put them that way one purpose

Advertising -
    I have not seen ads publicly for any of STS's games in a long time. One of the ones I always remember is this one:

While i understand advertising is expensive, as everyone knows, inexpensive ways of advertising do exist. For example promoting one of your games through instagram or another social media platform is inexpensive and can be highly rewarding. But the reason i brought this up first is because with a decent amount of Social Media Activity you can do your own advertising without additional costs.

Social Media Activity -
    A major deficit that is obvious if you do any search on the web is a lack of social media activity across any platform. That being said i know that at least 2 developers have taken it upon themselves to join a Discord group to get closer to the community, which is a good step in the right direction. But if the use of YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter which the company already has set up, was used to promote the game through give away's or weekly raffles again then it would bring in more attention without even spending money. And a team could be built of players to live stream or record on YouTube (volunteers) to assist in the promotion of new content, special events, or just the already established games without spending a dime. Many companies do this, or they pay streamers/YouTuber's to give their game a shot, in return they get publicity involved with a popular figure playing the game on video. This would be a very beneficial method of gaining more activity on the games, increasing revenue in turn while keeping costs as low as you'd like since you would have the ability to decide to either pay for a YouTube or to set up either an in-house group of media staff, or even have volunteers from the community head it up.

Web Presence -
    Many of the web presence issues for STS can be contributed directly to a lack of actively using social media. And while i say their is a presence issue, it would be more correct to say not updated presence. For example when i go to google and simply search "spacetime studios" i get the following:

When i click the first link it leads to a semi outdated webpage for the company, if you look at the bottom for a copywrite its 2013 which makes the company look as if they dont update their products.

Now ive always been told to have a solution to an issue so im currently working on an example website that will hopefully motivate the company to do some updates to their stuff. For example here is my version of the front page:

Version 1:
    The sites tiles with the games are responsive and flip to show information however i couldnt capture that with snipping tool

Then the biggest ones is if you continue to game sites they are beyond outdated:

Which i have gotten to updating that one a bit aswell:

Version 1:

I will continue to update this post with more fan fixes as well as findings i may come across.

Edits:

Version 1.1 For PL Game Page:

Color scheme is subject to change, currently more of a place holder
    Last edited by darkknightii; 04-10-2019 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Adding images to op to make it easier to view.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkknightii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I love that someone out there is as passionate out there about this game as much as I. I have been talking to my friends about the game trying to get them interested in it, and some of them have joined. With that said, I hope that people do check out your post because I agree that there are practical no advertisements out there at the moment that I have seen and I would love for this game to be as popular as other games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Version 1.1 For PL Game Page:

https://imgur.com/Mosaqaw

https://imgur.com/wMYJkqd

https://imgur.com/qDMLbp3

https://imgur.com/CLQnvY1

https://imgur.com/chE1v9O

If i get devs to okay this project officially i can upload it to my personal site so theres a live demo for this, for now its just screenshots so i dont cause any issues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I can tell you put a bit of time into it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDragon View Post
    I can tell you put a bit of time into it
    Just a little

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Working on slowly uploading images to my site so i can link them easier to here since i havent gotten a response about uploading a demo site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Have you emailed the devs privately by chance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Have you emailed the devs privately by chance?
    Ive contacted support before about this idea bud got the "we'll pass it along" response. Ill try to message them directly, thanks for the idea been to busy to think about that lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Version 1.0 For About Pocket Legends Page:

Original:

New:

Each tile for the character has a description.

Awaiting permission to post live demo. Hopefully soon.
    Last edited by darkknightii; 04-12-2019 at 04:56 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to darkknightii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Took some extra time for this one since i remade a video guide and typed up a fully updated text guide. Here is a preview:
    Original:

New:

Awaiting Permission to post demo.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to darkknightii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I have finished up the PL side of the site as well as most of the general stuff, the other games have not been completed yet. I have not received word back from Cinco about posting a live demo on my server so people can test out the project so instead i ended up recording a showcase video/proof of concept. This video uses content found on the STS website, social media accounts, and found in-game.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to darkknightii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkknightii View Post
    I have finished up the PL side of the site as well as most of the general stuff, the other games have not been completed yet. I have not received word back from Cinco about posting a live demo on my server so people can test out the project so instead i ended up recording a showcase video/proof of concept. This video uses content found on the STS website, social media accounts, and found in-game.

You put so much time in for this, hopefully sometime soon you get an answer back. You may want to go ahead and make sure you are messaging the right person. I ran into the same issue that I messaged about something and only recently finally found out each Dev is not in charge of everything, they all have different jobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

You put so much time in for this, hopefully sometime soon you get an answer back. You may want to go ahead and make sure you are messaging the right person. I ran into the same issue that I messaged about something and only recently finally found out each Dev is not in charge of everything, they all have different jobs.
    Yeah i messaged Cinco directly, from my knowledge hes part of (assuming the head) of the design department. So he should be the right person to contact unless theyve got a media department or something but not sure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Speechless.

As someone who has spent a long time on web-design, I can appreciate the time and love you spent making this. Your work really seems to have paid off; this is phenomenal!

I can only hope that a dev eventually takes the time to look at this, it really is a fantastic job. I really like how touch-screen friendly it is in comparison to the current site.. I visit the forums on mobile a lot, and this design looks much more inclusive of both PC and Mobile.

If it is not too much to ask, could you send me the raw txt files along with the photos? I am curious to see how it functions on my screen in comparison to what I see in a video. It's entirely up to you, and I will understand if you'd rather keep your work private :)

In a recent thread I made, I also mentioned the lack of advertising this game receives. Another thing they could change (for free) is the keywords (search parameters) and description of PL on both the iOS Appstore and PlayStore.. It would really go a long way to help finding new players for this game we all love dearly.

Perhaps a contest to see who can create the best description?

Thanks for taking the time to create this - it is excellent - I really hope it is considered.
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 04-24-2019 at 04:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    Speechless.

As someone who...
    Ima hold off on sending the actual files for now until i get word back from STS, dont want to potentially cause and content distribution issues lol.

But as for the mobile experience, the site is set up to detect the size of the window (screen) and resize itself dependent on that. Here is an example of a regular browsing experience on a pc or maybe a larger tablet:

Here is the same page but on a smaller screened tablet or a phone:

So while pc/mac is what it was primarily designed for as a platform it is very fluid on mobile without having to change any browsing modes, once the full design of the site is complete ill likely go back and try to improve the mobile browsing experience.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to darkknightii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkknightii View Post
    Ima hold off on sending the actual files for now until i get word back from STS, dont want to potentially cause and content distribution issues lol.
    Understandable

The images above look good! Thanks for showing me :]

22. The Following User Says Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Private Demo Launch

Took me a bit to get this set up for launch, this is not an open demo launch of my little project sadly since i never heard back from Cinco. So instead I've decided to launch a private demo for the devs/staff so i can also test functionality on an actual server. I've gone ahead and made individual logins for Cinco and for Remiem as well as a standard one for the rest of STS in-case someone had login issues. If all goes well it'll be up for a full demo semi soon

P.S. The logins have been sent to those listed respectively check messages/discord

Website link:
    https://thelostsurvivor.com

What the login page looks like:

Any feedback from those with access would be much appreciated. Not expecting anything but it would be nice...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

This looks so sick im wishing you luck.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk