Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Update Web Presence/Social Media Activity

Hey there,

I've been looking into some of the reasons surrounding why player counts could be down other than just potential in-game reasons, since honestly i'm not sure that's the actual issue entirely. My findings so far include 3 things.

1) Advertising
    2) Social Media Activity
    3) Web Presence

I'll go ahead and tackle each of these in order since i put them that way one purpose

Advertising -
    I have not seen ads publicly for any of STS's games in a long time. One of the ones I always remember is this one:

While i understand advertising is expensive, as everyone knows, inexpensive ways of advertising do exist. For example promoting one of your games through instagram or another social media platform is inexpensive and can be highly rewarding. But the reason i brought this up first is because with a decent amount of Social Media Activity you can do your own advertising without additional costs.

Social Media Activity -
    A major deficit that is obvious if you do any search on the web is a lack of social media activity across any platform. That being said i know that at least 2 developers have taken it upon themselves to join a Discord group to get closer to the community, which is a good step in the right direction. But if the use of YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter which the company already has set up, was used to promote the game through give away's or weekly raffles again then it would bring in more attention without even spending money. And a team could be built of players to live stream or record on YouTube (volunteers) to assist in the promotion of new content, special events, or just the already established games without spending a dime. Many companies do this, or they pay streamers/YouTuber's to give their game a shot, in return they get publicity involved with a popular figure playing the game on video. This would be a very beneficial method of gaining more activity on the games, increasing revenue in turn while keeping costs as low as you'd like since you would have the ability to decide to either pay for a YouTube or to set up either an in-house group of media staff, or even have volunteers from the community head it up.

Web Presence -
    Many of the web presence issues for STS can be contributed directly to a lack of actively using social media. And while i say their is a presence issue, it would be more correct to say not updated presence. For example when i go to google and simply search "spacetime studios" i get the following:

When i click the first link it leads to a semi outdated webpage for the company, if you look at the bottom for a copywrite its 2013 which makes the company look as if they dont update their products.

Now ive always been told to have a solution to an issue so im currently working on an example website that will hopefully motivate the company to do some updates to their stuff. For example here is my version of the front page:

Version 1:
    The sites tiles with the games are responsive and flip to show information however i couldnt capture that with snipping tool

Then the biggest ones is if you continue to game sites they are beyond outdated:

Which i have gotten to updating that one a bit aswell:

Version 1:

I will continue to update this post with more fan fixes as well as findings i may come across.

Edits:

Version 1.1 For PL Game Page:

Color scheme is subject to change, currently more of a place holder
    Last edited by darkknightii; 04-10-2019 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Adding images to op to make it easier to view.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkknightii For This Useful Post: