Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: please keep new elixirs!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Nah, I agree, that's the politically correct term, elixirs are breaking the game wide OPEN as I've said in my previous posts. Btw, where did you get that 2-5%? Assuming you're correct, did you also know that everyone is on the internet now for anything like news, everything? So maybe they're not actively posting, but they "read" and lurk the forums...I don't know anyone, as far as my friends, who hasn't visited this website once or twice a week to read some new things. In fact, as infant as I may be in the forums, I got a lot of private message in-game either hating me or agreeing with me...and I've never seen these guys here...whatever hot topic that is going on here has a direct and significant impact on the entire PL gaming community, don't deny it. Besides, in any community, only a small percentage is the outspoken ones, the rest just follows, imagine if 100% speak at the same time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe:503195
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    You better talk to somemore people. Most people I know liked the varity the elixir allowed.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    This is something simple that even a non developer can understand, why don't they create and do an actual "poll" in a sample size of say 10,000 players ( you claim you have millions, so 10,000 is actually very small ) I'm sure as devlepoers they can find it easy to distribute and require players' feedbacks...now the result, they post in this website for everybody to see. Now wouldn't that be a lot easier? Rather than ey my friends said this, no no no, my friends said this...no no no, my friends did this...bla bla bla. I'm not sure if I'm just too lazy to search, but I haven't seen an "official" poll that caused the changes in the game. Which leads me to believe that STS do not listen to their players...otherwise, this poll is a given and they would proud to show it. Common sense.
    They don't need to do a poll. Other than some real basic market research, which they prob already done. They will know if the players want these elixrs if they buy 'em. If tons of players buy the elixrs then they are popular. If not very many buy them, then they are not popular.

Just cuz you haven't seen a poll, doesn't prove that they not listening to players. That is jumping to conclusions.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 12-05-2011 at 09:31 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I'm not saying they're not listening to players, I said it's "floating" because some (not me) are saying STS isn't listening and some say they are, so in any court, when there's doubt it means it's floating. So to clear all doubts, what I suggest was, STS goes forward and clears either by creating an official poll (to suggest they listen) OR they release an official statement saying they are testing the game on their own. I would be scared for STS if their basis of development is not scientific or structured, I'm sure a company as STS has a plan, so what is it? That's all I suggested, be more clear. I assumed they are not listening correct, but that's because they did not give anything solid for me to not assume, can you blame me? You choose to assume that they are listening which is not any better than my assumption that they are not, just so happened that we have two different assumptions and conclusions. Unless you can point me to anything solid regarding to how STS develops their game (player-based, in-house testing, or both? maybe) you cannot blame conclusions are assumptions, that's the reason why I'm suggesting STS to finally end it. thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe:503376
    You choose to assume that they are listening which is not any better than my assumption that they are not, just so happened that we have two different assumptions and conclusions. Unless you can point me to anything solid regarding to how STS develops their game (player-based, in-house testing, or both? maybe) you cannot blame conclusions are assumptions, that's the reason why I'm suggesting STS to finally end it. thanks.
    I understand what you are saying here. In fact it's a excellent point.

1.When STS changed the UI a month or so ago. They said on several different posts that they developed this new UI based on user testing.

2. STS said today that they are using this period of time to test and see how popular the new elxirs are. This quote at bottom.

3. I deal with maybe 100-120 companies a week. Every single one of them spends thousands, millions a year to test market everything. I mean down to the most minute thing. STS is a real, regular business, they know about market research.

4. They are listening via many, many ways. But, for them the most important thing is wether or not these elixrs sell. All the talk that I do, you do or anyone else isn't gonna change that fact. Either the sell well or they bomb. That is the only real poll they need.

I like the overall point that you are trying to make. That STS needs ot listen to the players. I think it is obvious that they are.

But, people should cont. to give constructive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:503146
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    Wow! Just wow! The devs give us.something that breathes new life into PL and a few, and I do mean a few (most people I know enjoyed the new elixir) complain so now I have to pay 5 plat.

Well there goes that fun. I guess my lvl 35 won't get to play in Plasma Pyramid after all.

Thanks a lot!

:banghead:

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    We are still evaluating pricing. The only way to do that is to give it a try and see what people do. Thanks much for your feedback.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Cool appreciate your calm response (contrary to mine LOL), but I'm the type that wants to see an actual report, though I don't deal with that many companies, I know that in other societies other than religion (based on faith), everything should be written, noted, laminated, whatever, put in a pedestal, I dunno projected in an LCD, put in a bottle... otherwise, it sends the wrong message of not wanting to communicate. PL has been around for what a year and a half now? and they can't even announce a simple official map UPDATE?? I mean what other company does this? Does the ones you deal with announce something as big as an expansion without their shareholders knowing it in advance? It's like saying we'll do anything we want just sit and watch us do it. I dunno, that's what I felt. Don't get me wrong, I had an earlier post giving credit to some of Mt. Fang's good things specially the vanity, but for the most part, they're all misfires, whoever is testing the game for them needs to be fired or be replaced because they're not getting it right. So that market research, if ever they actually did it, resulted to them re-using dungeons and enemy designs?...I mean...AAAAHHH, I'm not mad, but...I can't help but think they're not listening you know? I need something solid, and I think most player do to otherwise we wouldn't be talking of STS screwing up the game (I didn't say that somebody else did), or STS not listening because of 1plat elixir now 5plat etc, I mean...it's anarchy, mob rule man...they should take charge and say....HEY EVERYONE!! STOOOOPPP!! This is what we do, this is what we're not going to do...I think as shareholders, we have the right, it's safe to say that a good amount of us spend at least a dollar on this game and that makes us shareholders...In my tiny voice, I will scream (without violating TOS), until they hear it out (or pm me to shut up). LOL. Anyway, good day, really appreciate your response, best I had today