Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: There has been some controversy about the nerfing of ebons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

My idea to try solve:
    Ebon aegis in pve keep it as it is.
    Ebon aegis in pvp make blue aura reflection for blue team and red aura for red team. And reduce its reflection of 25% dmg and let's see how it goes.

Ebon daggers in pve keep it as it is
    Ebon daggers in pvp reduce dmg reflection of 20% dmg and let's see how it goes.

Ebon staff in pve buff proc chance, buff damage reflection of 50% dmg to mobs/bosses (need to try and see what happen, probably needs more future fix)
    Ebon staff in pvp reduce damage reflection of 20% dmg.

Do not allow the reflection of razor shield for rogues.
    Do not allow the reflection of gale skill for mages
    Reduce damage reflected of noxious bolt to 50% (It means that the reflection of this skill must be half of the total damage the skill inflict to an opponent)
    Reduce damage reflected of lightning to 50% (same as nox bolt)

An important point even if not rly topic related it's curse skill. Since it should work same way as those procs we must solve also this problem.
    The skill should be more powerful than a proc of a weapon. Try buff its damage reflected of 50% and we see how it goes (someone already suggested it here on forum idk where).

Hope it helps =)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Willl For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Good discussion - to add some flavor: reflection process reflects the incoming damage - so a nerf applied to the incoming damage would be most effective. Please continue.
    Seems a good idea if you're talking about PvP, but for PvE seems bad because actually maps are pretty easy (mainly the farming places like ESG and Mauso) and you will only want DMG/DPS, and that's why I'm using Ebon Aegis...

Please, consider create farming maps with mobs and bosses/mobs with high dmg in next expansion, so all classes will be useful. Also I would like to see no pots available so Mages healing would be very effective.

Also agree with the different aura collors, this will really help players to know when they can hit the enemy

Sent from my moto e5 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Ebon gun needs a buff or reflection. It's totally useless now..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Oof oh well lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Good discussion - to add some flavor: reflection process reflects the incoming damage - so a nerf applied to the incoming damage would be most effective. Please continue.
    This seems kinda vague. You mean a nerf to the amount of damage that can be reflected or a nerf to current damage all classes do in pvp? I think you mean the first, correct me if I'm wrong but the second opens a whole new can of worms.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

We appreciate your input cinco but something else was brought up . Someone seems to think that we get one shot because of our high crit and damage and I agree but they cant expect us to use bad gear and get killed anyways? Something does need to change before the nerfs warriors would die in pvp and now they are shredding everyone elses kdr and quickly building theirs , another thing someone said was try fighting warriors without the aegis, in team deathmatch theres literally times where theyhave 3 ebon aegis wars =/ this is no fair because it makes warriors pretty much invincible, with their healing skills we have to hit them so many times to kill them and its insane how something like this could slip by sts . No offense. Going on with my statement, honestly I wouldn't care if you took off the reflect on hp and heavily nerfed all ebons in pvp . And another thing the rogue daggers for ebon is so much more expensive and its terrible how when the ebon aegis came out it was around 50 mil , daggers were auto 80 mil , cinco please carry our thoughts to your team. This post was a great sucess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Also cinco adding on to my previous post above ^^ I have a question, could you maybe clarify what matters in the guild leaderboard placement, I know that pve kills matter and achievement points , but to pvp kills come into effect? Please guys this ones only for the devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I agree with Flamesofanger. Just remove all reflection damage from ebon in pvp (Not Pve). Proc has nothing to do with killing someone with skill anyway. I know everyone gonna get salty but if people want "balanced" pvp, reflection damage was wrong way to go. Anyone who really pvp before ebons know pvp was decently balanced then. Clashes were actually fun and everyone enjoyed it. There would be so many full maps, now your lucky to find a couple people in a map. Only time maps are full now is when you call friends just to fill a map.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marosok View Post
    They seem want aegis nerf in PvP,
    but you read my mind about PvE part. Our class suffered a lot in PvE in past years. It is still sad to see well geared warrior fight a group of mobs in Esg so long, then rogue come on map, boom boom boom, and group of mobs is past.
    To PvP part - i do not really care about dead mode. It seem, that they will continue in creating threads related to "nerf ebon aegis" everyday. I really do not know what to add here, if developers nerf aegis again, it will affect PvE also, and i do not want become turtle again, because some have problems with aegis in mode, i do not even play.
    That is so true warriors suffered a lot coz of this reason a well geared warriors were dealing so low dmg compared to that of a mid geared rog,and a normal geared mage.
    Coz of this reason many ppl left the map or even refused to pt with warriors.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

On PvE, the curse of mages of Graveyard cannot be countered by the proc or warrior's ultimate. This is not the case on Mausoleum mages.

~LUCKYLOBO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Not gonna be salty, I don't think the general idea of reflection is bad. If not oneshot it's interesting proc and does not allow any players to spam skills.
    Old pvp balanced? Ehm you forgot before ebons they were endless fights with only warriors :/.
    It's not gonna be easy find the perfect reflecting damage for each of the weapons..but i dont want pvp again in endless fights..please not again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Rogs have insane damage and warriors have low damage. Without that aeig the warrior is useless because he can not do enough damage to kill a mage or rogue in pvp. Rogue hits for 8k damage in pvp as warrior does 100-1200 damage. That ebon reflect helps us so much because we can actually kill people for once. Its like when the warrior gets one item that makes him op everyone begs the devs to nerf it so the warrior is useless again. The proc only lasts for a few seconds, and it only works if you hit the warrior.
    Damage reflection is just taking the rogues damage to the warrior and hitting them with it. Rog gets one shot instead of the warrior. Rog is just as op as a warrior with damage reflection.

In pve the maps are easy so the rog can one shot enemies as warrior has to sit there and damage them for 1-6k damage. Rogue does 25k+ damage (with a normal skill) not even the ultimate skill.

Its just one item that is op. Not many people have it because it costs 85-110mil gold. Just make the daggers and the staff equivalent to the aeig.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 04-18-2019 at 08:15 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Rogs have insane damage and warriors have low damage. Without that aeig the warrior is useless because he can not do enough damage to kill a mage or rogue in pvp. Rogue hits for 8k damage in pvp as warrior does 100-1200 damage. That ebon reflect helps us so much because we can actually kill people for once. Its like when the warrior gets one item that makes him op everyone begs the devs to nerf it so the warrior is useless again. The proc only lasts for a few seconds, and it only works if you hit the warrior.
    Damage reflection is just taking the rogues damage to the warrior and hitting them with it. Rog gets one shot instead of the warrior. Rog is just as op as a warrior with damage reflection.

In pve the maps are easy so the rog can one shot enemies as warrior has to sit there and damage them for 1-6k damage. Rogue does 25k+ damage (with a normal skill) not even the ultimate skill.

Its just one item that is op. Not many people have it because it costs 85-110mil gold.
    Totally agree, PvE is insanely unfair if u compare rogues to warriors. Did u ever tried that daily quest from Shuyal where u need to kill 4 bosses (i don't remember if are 3 or 4), man with my I warrior need 15 min to kill all the bosses with good gears (arcanes weapons, ring, amulet, top tier pet), while with my low gear rogue I kill them in less than 3 min.

Also, the situation becomes worse when you look to farming maps.. Ppl just want to run with parties full of rogues, or 3 rogues 1 mage.. Warrior will only be invited if he have TB/Ebon and lot of Ms. TOTALLY UNFAIR

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlaveKnight For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Ebon gun needs some flavor and the ebon staff, mages wepons should always be effective against mobs over tank/rogs ebons, because essencially thats the job for mages, crowd control, stun, dot.
    Buff the staff more and especially the gun.
    Not sure about ebon dag/aegis, i think there pretty op compared to staff/gun :[
    Mage gun proc is useless its like a rouge aim shot and it does not help with the (3 things) i mentioned. So please buff the proc on staff/gun.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Encryptions is 100% right. But the problem is and like I said before in another thread, the handful of warriors who do have them *a select few not all* instead of doing real clashes they are fighting scared stacking 3 or more Ebon Aegis Tanks on the same team. Which is ruining clashes and causing endless boring fights. This is why I made the suggestion of having a Max of 2 of each class type on the same team for TDM/CTF. Would be nice if we could test a Max of 2 each class limit and having the Aegis Aura Proc, Proc the color Red/Blue depending on the team your on. And I'm 100% fine with the Ebon Aegis not killing dps in one shot but don't nerf it to the point where we can't get kills anymore. A few early hotfixes made the Aegis like that and I ended up selling it twice .

Quick Edit: @Encryptions I still agree with most of what you said. I think pvp wise warriors were doing a lack of damage but wouldn't say useless in Pvp. With weapons like Nightmare Aegis and Terror Blade. Getting kills were just harder to do than now with Ebon Aegis.
    Last edited by Fearrr; 04-19-2019 at 03:29 AM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fearrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

DEVELOPERS PLAYING THE BLIND GAME 😂😂 they don't give af cuz they not gonna have a profit even if they fix it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

True that is a very valid point, but there are three very important factors at the root of it:
    1) The incoming damage of every class/skill is different.
    2) The reflected damage is not armor ignoring, so you will have to consider the armor of the classes as well when applying the nerf.
    3) Nerf on the incoming damage will only work properly if the %Damage reflection of all Ebon weapons are somewhat similar.

Which means if you give priority to balancing the classes in terms of the raw statistics like raw damage, skill damage, crit, armor etc.. then you might not even have to worry about procs doing inconsistent damage to different classes/skills. So don't band-aid the problem with tweaks and quick fix, instead fix the root cause of the issue.

Its time you guys take initiatives from your end on these things, because these things matters to majority. And thanks for listening.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Everyone here just trying to get an advantage for its own class, not trying to balance the game, rogues always been best class can solo any map, and kill everything in pvp, when tanks always been the weakest and most useless no party even needed tanks before sts give them a decent proc to play .. tanks its a class that get strong only because of procs and rogues jelly always crying im so bored of this, my advice to the devs is take a choice and stick to it u r spoiling this community who only want their class advantage so just do what u think is best and all will accept it.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilmercenario For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilmercenario View Post
    Everyone here just trying to get an advantage for its own class, not trying to balance the game, rogues always been best class can solo any map, and kill everything in pvp, when tanks always been the weakest and most useless no party even needed tanks before sts give them a decent proc to play .. tanks its a class that get strong only because of procs and rogues jelly always crying im so bored of this, my advice to the devs is take a choice and stick to it u r spoiling this community who only want their class advantage so just do what u think is best and all will accept it.
    First of all You are mixing pve and pvp.

2nd - aren't you doing the same thing? Arent you just trying to take advantage for your own class.
    You are complaining that rogues are best at offense but you have not mentioned anywhere that warriors are best at defense. If you are saying that warrior is class that only get strong by proc then I am sorry you dont know how to play warrior.

Warriors never been useless in PvP, they have twice the armor and strength of any other 2 classes. With the given proc Warriors are now unbeatable in PVP.

The same goes for PVE, warrior is a tank class, your job in PVE is to take aggro and keep enemies off rogues and mages but I don't even see Warriors using taunts now days. If warriors wants to "act" as dps then please take off the excess armor given to them, its as simple as that.

Now your concern regarding left out of parties by rogues is correct, and the same concern is shared by mages hence the main question you guys should be asking is:
    Why is the game design progressing in a way where only a damage class is relevant.

If the future content is only going to favor damage then its time all the classes are turned into damage classes, let the skills and skill cool-downs be the only variables keeping them different.

@Players: Wake up and ask the right questions instead of ranting. Every logical discussion ever started on this forum was ignored by devs just because the thread turned toxic because of rants. Don't make another similar example here.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trader View Post
    First of all You are mixing pve and pvp.

2nd - aren't you doing the same thing? Arent you just trying to take advantage for your own class.
    You are complaining that rogues are best at offense but you have not mentioned anywhere that warriors are best at defense. If you are saying that warrior is class that only get strong by proc then I am sorry you dont know how to play warrior.

Warriors never been useless in PvP, they have twice the armor and strength of any other 2 classes. With the given proc Warriors are now unbeatable in PVP.

The same goes for PVE, warrior is a tank class, your job in PVE is to take aggro and keep enemies off rogues and mages but I don't even see Warriors using taunts now days. If warriors wants to "act" as dps then please take off the excess armor given to them, its as simple as that.

Now your concern regarding left out of parties by rogues is correct, and the same concern is shared by mages hence the main question you guys should be asking is:
    Why is the game design progressing in a way where only a damage class is relevant.

If the future content is only going to favor damage then its time all the classes are turned into damage classes, let the skills and skill cool-downs be the only variables keeping them different.

@Players: Wake up and ask the right questions instead of ranting. Every logical discussion ever started on this forum was ignored by devs just because the thread turned toxic because of rants. Don't make another similar example here.
    That's the point! I'm main warrior and I want to play as a warrior, tanking, soaking damage, protecting support and damage class. But actually, damage support class just don't need a tank. Why you need someone tanking if you can basically wreck everything with damage?

Look to Hydra and Infested, you barely can see a warrior using the badge because you need to finish the map quickly, and if you want to finish quickly what do you want, a pt full of rogues for sure!

Im tired of repeating, but I really hope that devs create maps where all classes become useful in next expansion, mals where you just CAN'T survive without a tank, you CAN'T kill without a rogue, and you CAN'T beat easily without mages crowd control.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlaveKnight For This Useful Post: