Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Best Player Leaderboard Positions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Best Player Leaderboard Positions

Nowadays a lot of people have all achievement points (32,550) on the Best Player Leaderboard. For not having multiple persons on the same position on the leaderboard, there is a tie breaker: PvE Kills. There are people who are farming hard and log in every single day to secure a high position in the leaderboard and there are those people, who just use a bot or makro to get many more PvE Kills than possible if you grind hard every day, because this enemy doesn't tire, doesn't stop, doesn't feel. These bot users get more PvE Kills through the night while they are actually sleeping, than those who farm hard every day. Since it's impossible to catch up with players who use bots with impunity, the fair players lose motivation and stop playing, while the bot users climb higher and higher. It's obvious who is cheating his or her way up the leaderboard and who doesn't and yet these players are still up there, causing more damage than any platfarmer or account-sharer ever could.
    Since there aren't any actions taken against such cheaters, I'd like to ask if it's possible to introduce another sort of tie-breaker for this kind of leaderboard. It doesn't have to exclude PvE Kills entirely, but something like the Guild Leaderboard, which includes e.g. daily activity is more judicious than the current system. Of course it isn't perfect either, but it's more respectful towards fair players, than competing against a program, which does your PvE Kills. If you have an idea for a better tie-breaker, feel free to comment.
    Thank You.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pxoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pxoo View Post
    Nowadays a lot of people have all achievement points (32,550) on the Best Player Leaderboard. For not having multiple persons on the same position on the leaderboard, there is a tie breaker: PvE Kills. There are people who are farming hard and log in every single day to secure a high position in the leaderboard and there are those people, who just use a bot or makro to get many more PvE Kills than possible if you grind hard every day, because this enemy doesn't tire, doesn't stop, doesn't feel. These bot users get more PvE Kills through the night while they are actually sleeping, than those who farm hard every day. Since it's impossible to catch up with players who use bots with impunity, the fair players lose motivation and stop playing, while the bot users climb higher and higher. It's obvious who is cheating his or her way up the leaderboard and who doesn't and yet these players are still up there, causing more damage than any platfarmer or account-sharer ever could.
    Since there aren't any actions taken against such cheaters, I'd like to ask if it's possible to introduce another sort of tie-breaker for this kind of leaderboard. It doesn't have to exclude PvE Kills entirely, but something like the Guild Leaderboard, which includes e.g. daily activity is more judicious than the current system. Of course it isn't perfect either, but it's more respectful towards fair players, than competing against a program, which does your PvE Kills. If you have an idea for a better tie-breaker, feel free to comment.
    Thank You.

These Players who use Bots will get banned, because no one can play 24/7 and sts see that

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter View Post
    These Players who use Bots will get banned, because no one can play 24/7 and sts see that

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    There still are players on the leaderboard who are botting and have a position for more than a year.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pxoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

It is possible to get a million kills in hauntlet over 695 days... Just saying most of the players at the top of the lb have played for years & years.

But I have heard a lot of lb players complain about bots. I really think or hope sts would take notice of some one cheating in such away.
    Last edited by Allset; 04-21-2019 at 02:16 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Allset For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I can confirm what six says. I have all aps too and see at least 3 people in my friendlist farming hauntlet non stop for days, sometimes weeks. I wonder why sts doesnt take action. +1

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I got 600k pve kills in the last 4 months and that was really a grind. I think sts should make changes to the hauntlet if they really wanted to prevent ppl from using macros to farm pve kills. Like make the pools do more damage and bigger or make the meteors bounce you back farther. Or just disable pve kills in the hauntlet and enable them in the harder maps like underhul.
    Last edited by Yeh; 04-21-2019 at 02:48 PM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yeh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yeh View Post
    I got 600k pve kills in the last 4 months and that was really a grind. I think sts should make changes to the hauntlet if they really wanted to prevent ppl from using macros to farm pve kills. Like make the pools do more damage and bigger or make the meteors bounce you back farther. Or just disable pve kills in the hauntlet and enable them in the harder maps like underhul.
    Not a bad idea just don't count hauntlet kills anymore...

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I just thought of another solution . So y’all know how the Deary portals take you to a random town.. there should be random portals that appear in the hauntlet and if you run into it, you will be transported to another town.. if you are legit playing the game yourself it’s no big deal. But if you are using a macro, eventually you will be in a random town attacking a wall (which I’ve seen) and people will see what you are doing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    Not a bad idea just don't count hauntlet kills anymore...

if the kills don't count anymore people who botted them will keep them and the people who have to make more kills are at a disadvantage again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I just thought of another solution . So y’all know how the Deary portals take you to a random town.. there should be random portals that appear in the hauntlet and if you run into it, you will be transported to another town.. if you are legit playing the game yourself it’s no big deal. But if you are using a macro, eventually you will be in a random town attacking a wall (which I’ve seen) and people will see what you are doing
    that would be really annoying and ruin hauntlet for timed runners

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

It would be very annoying and ruin hauntlet for timed runners

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Thank You.

Just make hauntlet a daily, one time entry.

@op: I do agree with what you wrote. I feel this topic has been some what swept-under-the-carpet for a long time. Those who have obviously botted should have their kills reset. It's very unfair for players who earned their pve kills legitimately.
    Last edited by Avaree; 04-21-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

if the kills don't count anymore people who botted them will keep them and the people who have to make more kills are at a disadvantage again

If they stop the kills from hauntlet. Players will not be able to bot anymore which is the problem no??? Regardless if they count or not. They would have to farm maus 3 & up which bots wouldn't work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    If they stop the kills from hauntlet. Players will not be able to bot anymore which is the problem no??? Regardless if they count or not. They would have to farm maus 3 & up which bots wouldn't work.

yes, it will solve the problem that they bot their pve kills, but if you stop kills from hauntlet nobody could ever catch up to them again. they already have their pve kills, the ones who don't and didn't use the opportunity to run hauntlet will not be able to get as many kills from mausoleum before the game shuts down. that way they get rewarded for having used a bot with a permanent leaderboard position, they just need to do the aps

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

which includes e.g. daily activity is more judicious than the current system. Of course it isn't perfect either, but it's more respectful towards fair players
    "daily activity"? but botters have more daily activity than regular player

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Just make hauntlet a daily, one time entry.
    botters already have 5m+ kills, how are u going to catch them from your 1,5m kills (which u were making 4-5 years?), u need like 10 years more to reach 5m kills haha

i just want to vote to ban botters (or reset their kills and remove them from LB)

PS: devs, remove arcane weapon chests from dead city please, and add them to harder maps (since our pets can collect chests...)
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 04-22-2019 at 02:56 AM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slaaayerrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

-1 to removing pve kill count from hauntlet , i myself spend 4 hours a day running hauntlet a dream to reach 1m kill..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scll View Post
    -1 to removing pve kill count from hauntlet , i myself spend 4 hours a day running hauntlet a dream to reach 1m kill..
    i agree with that, I just would like to have a fair chance competing other players and see the players who lost motivation due to bot users back

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

that idea with more damage is such a thing
    I play hardcore and I m level 67, I m decent geared and its always dangerous because I could die in one moment ?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts

The only solution i can see is to completely remove pve kills as a tie breaker and add many more aps instead, i cant see any other way to solve the problem at this point, just my humble opinion

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    The only solution i can see is to completely remove pve kills as a tie breaker and add many more aps instead, i cant see any other way to solve the problem at this point, just my humble opinion
    thats nice, just dont need to add more aps like 100k brakenridge bosses pls

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slaaayerrr For This Useful Post: