Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Best Player Leaderboard Positions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Lightbulb

I agree with others:
    1) Disable pve kills from tombs
    2) Only keep pve kills from the area corresponding to the toon level.
    3) Reset pve kills every season.

I would also like to highlight that the Time LB also gives unfair advantage to some players, what I mean is that players only have to invest one time on gear to get good ms and then they use it every season to get on Time LB. I know level 71 players (and I was one of them at level 66) who are still using level 50 venom set and old gears with ms awake to beat best time on low level maps and hauntlet. So basically its a one time investment to get a Time runners banner every season.

Solution:
    1) Make Hauntlet and Arena solo (instead of 25x4 spots, make 10 spots per class), apply similar concept as swamp temple challenge.
    2) Timed maps should only record the time for players that are on level of that area level, for example if the player/team want to score a Time in Brackenridge then the players must be between level 1-14, similarly if a team wants to score Time in Nordr then all players in the party should be between level 26 - 36.
    This way a end-game player or group will not be able to dominate all the maps. And if they would like to then they will have to invest in gear, awakes which will inturn make profit for studio. Win-Win

Idea credits: Gaprisha, Avaree, Psychonuke.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pxoo View Post
    Nowadays a lot of people have all achievement points (32,550) on the Best Player Leaderboard. For not having multiple persons on the same position on the leaderboard, there is a tie breaker: PvE Kills. There are people who are farming hard and log in every single day to secure a high position in the leaderboard and there are those people, who just use a bot or makro to get many more PvE Kills than possible if you grind hard every day, because this enemy doesn't tire, doesn't stop, doesn't feel. These bot users get more PvE Kills through the night while they are actually sleeping, than those who farm hard every day. Since it's impossible to catch up with players who use bots with impunity, the fair players lose motivation and stop playing, while the bot users climb higher and higher. It's obvious who is cheating his or her way up the leaderboard and who doesn't and yet these players are still up there, causing more damage than any platfarmer or account-sharer ever could.
    Since there aren't any actions taken against such cheaters, I'd like to ask if it's possible to introduce another sort of tie-breaker for this kind of leaderboard. It doesn't have to exclude PvE Kills entirely, but something like the Guild Leaderboard, which includes e.g. daily activity is more judicious than the current system. Of course it isn't perfect either, but it's more respectful towards fair players, than competing against a program, which does your PvE Kills. If you have an idea for a better tie-breaker, feel free to comment.
    Thank You.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
    This is sad...not only player lb but also event lb is filled with them..not fair for regular runners

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    I’ll throw u a bone...
    https://youtu.be/TuK_6rj7ixs

And that was me taking my time so others could see how it's done...
    So for the sack of the argument I kill 60 every 60sec = 3,600 kills an hour. * 24 hours or 1 day = 86,400. So yeah it is possible mathematically...
    I dont think any human can run 24 / 7
    Thanks for proving the point
    Humans get easily tired and bored running same map..i think they can max 5 or 6 hrs with lot of motivation

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Hmm How about this to even the playing field . . Sts adds an “auto play” option in the hauntlet.. I’ve seen this in other games. It would make things fair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yeh View Post
    Hmm How about this to even the playing field . . Sts adds an “auto play” option in the hauntlet.. I’ve seen this in other games. It would make things fair
    Then the one who has the highest bill for electricity wins lol, it's like with bots, it's not your accomplishment, but the auto play systems'. That takes all the fun away for me.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dexish View Post
    I dont think any human can run 24 / 7
    Thanks for proving the point
    Humans get easily tired and bored running same map..i think they can max 5 or 6 hrs with lot of motivation

It is hard to make a difference between bot users and players with maybe too much motivation. At new cap people played the new maps for 28h straight to get the 71 badge. But at some point its not possible thats right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yeh View Post
    If they added something like this I will quit tbh lol Auto run/auto quests... Or auto anything else are bad for any game idk why some games even have it xD

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey guys. Since discussing exploits isn't allowed in the forums I'm going to close this thread, but as a reminder, botting in order to obtain an in-game advantage is a permanently bannable offense. Being on the LB is a high honor, but not if you get there dishonorably. Keep it on the up and up!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post: