Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview - New Honor Arena! New Honor Gear! Guild Honor CTF Event this week!

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Default Preview - New Honor Arena! New Honor Gear! Guild Honor CTF Event this week!

Name:  pl_ghctf_npc.JPG
Views: 1343
Size:  60.7 KB
    HONOR GEARS GALORE
    This week's update has a bunch of new cool stuff for PvP Legends!

Based on feedback from both low and high level players, I'm introducing Level 15 Honor Gear and 'Elite' Level 105 Honor Gear. You'll find these under Item / Item Pack in the Store. Like the existing sets for levels 100 and 30, a full set of level 15 or elite level 105 Honor gear will grant access to the 'Honor' Arena and CTF maps (including a special new map that I have prepared for this week's special event).

Note: Level 105 Elite Honor Gear pieces have stats that approximate endgame item stats. These items cannot be used in PvE (you'll be rooted).

Honor Gear item set requirements have also changed. I no longer require you to wear the 'Halo of Honor' vanity helmet. The item set is completed with five (5) pieces of gear... and you can use whatever vanity items you wish. All of the item packs in the store have been updated to reflect this change.

Name:  pl_ghctf_portal.JPG
Views: 1327
Size:  47.2 KB

This event is scheduled to start at 1:30pm Texas time on Thursday the 25th and run 'til Thursday the 2nd.

HOW TO PLAY
    + Put on that full set of Honor Gear!
    + Go through the Guild Honor CTF Portal in Forest Haven towne (near the CTF sign-up).
    + The 'Tomb of the Gilded Fissure' is a 3 vs 3 CTF map. Winner is the first team to get 3 captures.

Scoring
    + Your Guild gets 10 points for every flag you capture and 1 point for every kill.
    + Winning teams get +100 points for their Guild. Losing teams get +50 points.
    + Points are only awarded in the new 'Tomb of the Gilded Fissure' dungeon - only available from the Event Portal in towne!
    + Like previous Guild events, your Guild score is based on the scores of the fifty (50) highest-scoring members.

Winning
    + Check the Leaderboard to see how your Guild stacks up against the competition!
    + All members of each Guild in the Top 10 qualify for prizes (talk to 'Cap Shaw' in Forest Haven).
    + First Place Guild gets four (4) new 'Golden Age' vanity weapons and a lousy stipend of gold.
    + 2nd - 5th Place Guilds get three (3) new 'Golden Age' vanity weapons and an insulting smidgeon of gold.
    + 6th - 10th Place Guilds get one (1) new 'Golden Age' vanity weapon and a laughable pittance of gold.
    + All 'Golden Age' vanity weapon items are trade-friendly.

I'm hoping to get as much feedback on the Honor Gear as I can and I figured that running a friendly little competition would be the most fun way to go about it ;-)
    Plus you'll get a teensy tiny taste of the upcoming Level 110 cap in the Gilded Fissures dungeon... which I'm not spoiling here on the forums.

Best of luck to everyone! Hit me up with questions and such in the comments. Thanks!
    Last edited by Cinco; 04-24-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    HONOR GEARS GALORE

Based on feedback from both low and high level players, I'm introducing Level 15 Honor Gear and 'Elite' Level 105 Honor Gear. You'll find these under Item / Item Pack in the Store. Like the existing sets for levels 100 and 30, a full set of level 15 or elite level 105 Honor gear will grant access to the 'Honor' Arena and CTF maps (including a special new map that I have prepared for this week's special event).

Honor Gear item set requirements have also changed. I no longer require you to wear the 'Halo of Honor' vanity helmet. The item set is completed with five (5) pieces of gear... and you can use whatever vanity items you wish. All of the item packs in the store have been updated to reflect this change.

This event is scheduled to start at 1:30pm Texas time on Thursday the 25th and run 'til Thursday the 2nd.

HOW TO PLAY
    + Go through the Guild Honor CTF Portal in Forest Haven towne (near the CTF sign-up).

Scoring
    + Your Guild gets 10 points for every flag you capture and 1 point for every kill.
    + Points are only awarded in the new 'Tomb of the Gilded Fissure' dungeon - only available from the Event Portal in towne!

Winning
    + Check the Leaderboard to see how your Guild stacks up against the competition!
    + All members of each Guild in the Top 10 qualify for prizes (talk to 'Cap Shaw' in Forest Haven).
    + First Place Guild gets four (4) new 'Golden Age' vanity weapons and a lousy stipend of gold.
    + 2nd - 5th Place Guilds get three (3) new 'Golden Age' vanity weapons and an insulting smidgeon of gold.
    + 6th - 10th Place Guilds get one (1) new 'Golden Age' vanity weapon and a laughable pittance of gold.

I'm hoping to get as much feedback on the Honor Gear as I can and I figured that running a friendly little competition would be the most fun way to go about it ;-)
    Plus you'll get a teensy tiny taste of the upcoming Level 110 cap in the Gilded Fissures dungeon... which I'm not spoiling here on the forums.

Best of luck to everyone! Hit me up with questions and such in the comments. Thanks!
    Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Those look cool than you cinco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Looking forward to reking all of you this weekend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Looks cool, thanks for all the new content! I wasn't expecting anything until 110, you always surprise us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Challenge accepted. See you there

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Waydog For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Will these sets be just as affordable as the old honor sets?

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbattwo View Post
    Will these sets be just as affordable as the old honor sets?
    Yes. The Level 15 set is sold for 15k gold. The Level 30 and Level 100 sets remain priced at 30k gold each. The new Elite Level 105 set is 150k gold.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    For the throne.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nihiliste For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Will the Event Map be 5v5 or 3v3?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

This sounds like it will be a super fun event, can't wait to get some ctf action in.

Best weekend ever?
    Avengers endgame
    Ctf event
    The battle for winterfell

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Idevour For This Useful Post:

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    Will the Event Map be 5v5 or 3v3?
    3v3 - max score of 3 caps. OP updated with this info. Thanks!
    | | | |

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

3v3 - max score of 3 caps. OP updated with this info. Thanks!
    Thank you!

8+3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

HONOR GEARS GALORE

Note: Level 105 Elite Honor Gear pieces have stats that approximate endgame item stats. These items cannot be used in PvE (you'll be rooted).

HOW TO PLAY
    + The 'Tomb of the Gilded Fissure' is a 3 vs 3 CTF map. Winner is the first team to get 3 captures.

Scoring

Winning

This is Great!!But I had some concerns. How do you plan on dealing with guilds with a large number of people in them? Will there be a cut-off? Let's say the top 10 contributors to a guild or something? Otherwise, it may be unfair for smaller guilds. This will probably result in guild merging like the first guild event which I believe should try to be avoided. Additionally, how do you plan on dealing with those who will abuse the flag point system? For example, a guild could just run flags to gain points without actually fighting if they have a mutual understanding with the other guild. Another loophole could be that there can be people from different guilds on one team. Is there a way to combat this as well so you can play with those from your guild?

Best
    -IiRose
    Last edited by IiRose; 04-24-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    This sounds like it will be a super fun event, can't wait to get some ctf action in.

Best weekend ever?
    Avengers endgame
    Ctf event
    The battle for winterfell
    It does feel like this will be the peak of my happiness for quite some time xD

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IiRose View Post
    This is Great!! How do you plan on dealing with guilds with a large number of people in them? Will there be a cut-off? Let's say the top 10 contributors to a guild or something? Otherwise, it may be unfair for smaller guilds. This will probably result in guild merging like the first guild event which I believe should try to be avoided. Additionally, how do you plan on dealing with those who will abuse the flag point system? For example, a guild could just run flags to gain points without actually fighting.

Best
    -IiRose
    Only your Guild's top fifty (50) highest scoring members will contribute to your Guild Score (similar to previous Guild events).
    To prevent rampant cheating you are not allowed to host the event map directly; you must enter the map from the event portal in town.
    It's not perfect but the aforementioned conditions make cheating efforts a bit more troublesome.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

This will be cool let the games begin

ELITE

25.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IiRose View Post
    This is Great!!But I had some concerns. How do you plan on dealing with guilds with a large number of people in them? Will there be a cut-off? Let's say the top 10 contributors to a guild or something? Otherwise, it may be unfair for smaller guilds. This will probably result in guild merging like the first guild event which I believe should try to be avoided. Additionally, how do you plan on dealing with those who will abuse the flag point system? For example, a guild could just run flags to gain points without actually fighting if they have a mutual understanding with the other guild. Another loophole could be that there can be people from different guilds on one team. Is there a way to combat this as well so you can play with those from your guild?

Best
    -IiRose
    There is nothing to stop members of different Guilds from being on the same team - but the points for kills and flag captures are awarded to the Guild of the player making the kill or capture. This is where the contributor limit kicks in to deter Guilds from attempting to lock up entire games for themselves (as they may be earning points that will be thrown away).
    All that said the win / loss bonuses are a new thing that could make cheating more (or less) of a problem. Players on the winning side get a lot of extra points for winning (fewer for losing). I'm interested to see how this plays out - and how it affects the inevitable cheating (no offense to anyone).
    | | | |

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Only your Guild's top fifty (50) highest scoring members will contribute to your Guild Score (similar to previous Guild events).
    To prevent rampant cheating you are not allowed to host the event map directly; you must enter the map from the event portal in town.
    It's not perfect but the aforementioned conditions make cheating efforts a bit more troublesome.
    I would like to suggest that only the top 15 or 20 players count toward the point total. This would make it so less guilds merge with each other

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Idevour For This Useful Post:

28.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    I would like to suggest that only the top 15 or 20 players count toward the point total. This would make it so less guilds merge with each other
    Definitely worth considering. Obviously it goes both ways - a high contributor limit urges cheaters to merge; a low contributor limit urges them to split.
    | | | |