Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview - New Honor Arena! New Honor Gear! Guild Honor CTF Event this week!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Nice exploit, getting 20 or so same lvl toons and boosting wins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

This event is a bust in my honest opinion. There are no "real" CTF games happening.

- 6 guildmates are joining at once in a single game instance and farming flags.
    - you can cap both flags and tie the game 3-3, thus making both teams win. This can be done even after the game has concluded, as long as you keep tapping on your inspect page while running the flag so that the game doesn't show you the end screen with the scores and kills.
    - the value of kills is far too low and should be much higher than capturing flags/winning games.
    - there is way too much health or a lack of damage needed in order to kill your opponent. It feels very tanky for all classes at the moment, leading to even less incentive to kill than there already is.
    - two guilds can form an alliance and agree to not kill one another, just boost flags.
    - no real incentive to kill guildmates or play against them. This often leads to 3v1 or 3v2 while the other player just stands in the spawn and doesn't do anything, they just hold spots while the 1 or 2 players get teamed by the 3.
    - rhinos are by far the best toons for this mode because it's all about flag running. No one can efficiently stop rhinos because of the tankiness on sets, the dashing, and guardian skill which makes rhinos invincible for a few seconds needed to block all of the opponent's stuns and roots and charge away with the flag. No one can catch up to the rhino.
    - people are using random level toons where pvp is dead at those levels so that they can join empty games and boost flags without having to deal with other players.
    - players can easily spawn kill one another over and over.

It's a great idea for an event in theory... but this should have been an individual event where we use the individual PvP events of the past as a framework for what works and what doesn't. I don't think Guild events work in Pocket Legends.. at least not the way PL is currently setup. There have been mass complaints about each of the 4 Guild Events (the first PVE one, the second PVE one, the first PVP one... and this first CTF event). That should give you an idea as to how well they tend to perform. There are always problems with them.

I was really excited for the event, don't get me wrong. I love CTF... but this just isn't CTF.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    This event is a bust in my honest opinion. There are no "real" CTF games happening.

- 6 guildmates are joining at once in a single game instance and farming flags.
    - you can cap both flags and tie the game 3-3, thus making both teams win. This can be done even after the game has concluded, as long as you keep tapping on your inspect page while running the flag so that the game doesn't show you the end screen with the scores and kills.
    - the value of kills is far too low and should be much higher than capturing flags/winning games.
    - there is way too much health or a lack of damage needed in order to kill your opponent. It feels very tanky for all classes at the moment, leading to even less incentive to kill than there already is.
    - two guilds can form an alliance and agree to not kill one another, just boost flags.
    - no real incentive to kill guildmates or play against them. This often leads to 3v1 or 3v2 while the other player just stands in the spawn and doesn't do anything, they just hold spots while the 1 or 2 players get teamed by the 3.
    - rhinos are by far the best toons for this mode because it's all about flag running. No one can efficiently stop rhinos because of the tankiness on sets, the dashing, and guardian skill which makes rhinos invincible for a few seconds needed to block all of the opponent's stuns and roots and charge away with the flag. No one can catch up to the rhino.
    - people are using random level toons where pvp is dead at those levels so that they can join empty games and boost flags without having to deal with other players.
    - players can easily spawn kill one another over and over.

It's a great idea for an event in theory... but this should have been an individual event where we use the individual PvP events of the past as a framework for what works and what doesn't. I don't think Guild events work in Pocket Legends.. at least not the way PL is currently setup. There have been mass complaints about each of the 4 Guild Events (the first PVE one, the second PVE one, the first PVP one... and this first CTF event). That should give you an idea as to how well they tend to perform. There are always problems with them.

I was really excited for the event, don't get me wrong. I love CTF... but this just isn't CTF.
    I second this

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #44
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,158 Posts

Fair feedback. Looked into the 3-3 mutual win and so far as I can tell capping both flags and getting a double-win has always been possible. I look forward to finding a solution now that I know.
    Kill point value, Rhino health value, and overall Elite Honor damage value feedback is of use to me. Thanks for this!
    Spawn camping also sounds like something I can solve before the weekend (I've temp-banned half a dozen players for this and boosting already). I'll see what sort of fix I can work up.

Guild Events do indeed always bring out the very worst but they also historically give me the highest volume of actionable feedback. For this reason it seemed fitting for the inauguration of the 15 and 105 Honor stuff. Plus I am not going to give up on making a Guild Event (at some point) that we all actually enjoy :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

These guilds are joining 4-6 at a time, holding the flags, not playing the game correctly something needs to be done about this. This is not the way to do it

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I would suggest for future events making it so if you score/kill a guildmate that the score does not count toward your point total. Also if a player is in a lobby by themselves a score/win does not count to there point total. This would result in actual games being played instead of what is happening right now, boosting.
    Last edited by Idevour; 04-25-2019 at 05:21 PM.

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #47
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    I would suggest for future events making it so if you score/kill a guildmate that the score does not count toward your point total. Also if a player is in a lobby by themselves a score/win does not count to there point total. This would result in actual games being played instead of what is happening right now, boosting.
    Not a bad suggestion. Would this lead to players leaving guilds to join / create friendly guilds with whom they can form a secret alliance? I ask because we see this behavior already in a situation where players can score against same Guild.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Not a bad suggestion. Would this lead to players leaving guilds to join / create friendly guilds with whom they can form a secret alliance? I ask because we see this behavior already in a situation where players can score against same Guild.
    It probably would result in that, and there is no way that i can think of to stop something like that from happening

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Fair feedback. Looked into the 3-3 mutual win and so far as I can tell capping both flags and getting a double-win has always been possible. I look forward to finding a solution now that I know.
    Kill point value, Rhino health value, and overall Elite Honor damage value feedback is of use to me. Thanks for this!
    Spawn camping also sounds like something I can solve before the weekend (I've temp-banned half a dozen players for this and boosting already). I'll see what sort of fix I can work up.

Guild Events do indeed always bring out the very worst but they also historically give me the highest volume of actionable feedback. For this reason it seemed fitting for the inauguration of the 15 and 105 Honor stuff. Plus I am not going to give up on making a Guild Event (at some point) that we all actually enjoy :-)
    Yes, gaining a tie has always been possible but never problematic enough to report until this event. The scoreboard always states which team is the winner of the game based on who capped the flag the fastest.

I look forward to testing the changes to the mode once they're available.

It would be very nice to have a Guild Event that everyone enjoys in the future. I see CTF as being far too problematic due to complex issues for this to happen during this event though. Perhaps in the future we will be able to work out all of the problems of PVE or PVP Guild events and enjoy them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    These guilds are joining 4-6 at a time, holding the flags, not playing the game correctly something needs to be done about this. This is not the way to do it
    Yes, this is another issue that I forgot to mention in my earlier post.

Players can choose to pick up a flag and do nothing with it but just stand around while their guild on the opposing team wins the game. Meanwhile, the team that consists of the player standing with the flag and doing nothing cannot win the game because this player refuses to score.

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

I think during times of events, there is enough players to create a que syste, where players can party up(like AL) and que up to a ctf game, waiting for another 3 person party

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    hai doods

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to synfullmagic_23110 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

On a side note I’m really digging the new map design. This is a teaser for the 110 campaign?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fruitbattwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

You could play around a bit with the queue system that syn proposed so that players don't get matched against the same teams in back to back games or something like that.

Another solution that is far from perfect and highly impractical would be the spectator mode. Players could and would spectate the games, play police and report players who boost of friendly guilds.

Gesendet von meinem LG-M700 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

But that can conclude to getting no points and no one will never get points we should just add if u kill ur guildmate it doesn’t count that’s all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Can you add that guild master can see who participating or not please would really help out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I'm obsessed with the reward vanity weapons!! The staff... Oml. So good. I can finally do some good ancient egypt inspired looks.

Gesendet von meinem LG-M700 mit Tapatalk

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tpfelblatt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Agree with everyone saying theres noyhing but boosting happening, i was really looking forward to this event. Total bust, so disappointing, i do like the idea of queing up 3 at a time and getting matched vs 3 others in a que.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

So now here is my feedback:

To be honest - I don't want to talk about the event. I guess that already was discussed enough ^^
    So let's focus on the new elite sets!
    After I finally had some real CTF matches here's my conclusion:

Bear
    I love how bear is balanced. Super tanky but not dealing too much damage. U can be an amazing supporter for your team.
    If you play against a bear the high dodge is annoying (as dodge always was) but not unreasonable high.
    I also like, that bears can't just beckom-stomp

Bird
    (Disclaimer: I haven't played bird by myself)
    Birds seem to be fine for me, they can kill and don't get nuked too fast.
    It is challenging to fight them but you have a decent winning chance
    But I leave this to the dedicated bird players

Mage
    Mage also seems to work out fine. Especially mage vs mage fight are a lot of fun for me.
    It seems to be the most versatile class for me, but that could be due to that fact, that i played it the most. Also, it is the class I played the most in previous level caps.
    Something i personally don't like is, how little hp you can heal relatively to your total health bar.
    I would prefer to have less total hp/armor but therefore a stronger heal. (Maybe like 76 pally had?).
    That could make team-fights more interesting since mage would be a stronger support for the team while also becoming an easier target for enemy-birds
    But that's just personal preference: I wouldn't say, that mage is bad as it is at the moment. And it also seems to be balanced.

Rhino
    (Disclaimer: I haven't played Rhino by myself)
    Rhinos are to tanky for CTF at the moment. If they get to the flag, they can most likely secure it. It just feels like you can't even kill them 1 vs 1.
    On the other hand they deal so little damage that they can't harm you. That makes PVP-fights boring and can ruin every CTF match.
    But to be honest - I got no clue how this could be improved, since rhinos were designed to be a tanky support class with healing abilities. And that what they are - super tanky and hard to kill.

Fox
    I probably could just copy the text from all old endgame-PVP feedback s here (maybe excepted lvl77?).
    Fox is too weak, can't kill any tanks. It even really struggles hard to kill mages and birds.
    For me it feels like a buff is needed here, but i am not such an experienced fox player.
    I can't wait to hear the feedback about this from players who are more experienced fox players than I am!

Conclusion/tldr;
    First of all THANK YOU Cinco for the new sets - they seem to be pretty balanced and well thought out!
    The only criticisms I have are that rhino is too tanky and that fox is way to weak.
    I also personally don't like the little heal that mage has with the new sets, but thats personal preference.
    All in all bear, mage and bird seems to be pretty good balanced.
    Ty Cinco

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yannjoel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    Will the sword vanity weapon that the NPC is wearing be available as a prize?
    yes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neucamace View Post
    yes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thank you so much