Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove PvP AP's?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Default Remove PvP AP's?

Seems there's a lot of drama recently regarding dummy farming/flagging in PvP, understandably this annoys players who have played for months/years to get a top LB spot.

However on the flip side, most PvP maps are quiet and to get the AP's legitimately would require a very long time, also class balance issues make it even more difficult for some.

To ban players for dummy farming seems harsh to me personally, but also its unfair to players that have put the time and effort into achieving the AP's to have many players getting the same AP's much more easily.

What effect would the removal of PvP achievements from the game have on the LB? How would you as a player feel about them being removed? What could replace them that is extremely difficult (but not extremely boring)

All feedback, ideas and criticism welcome
    I don't like you

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Idly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

perhaps a "no, thank you" sums it all up. gl.

Sent from my SM-J200F using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idly View Post
    To ban players for dummy farming seems harsh to me personally
    im sure their kdr can be reset and not allow them to appear at LB from that account anymore

and why do u talk only about pvp...
    pve achievements: most of them can be completed in one day or can be bought; other - just botted, i can see only 4 really hard maps for botting (rengol underhul maus deepmarsh)

so... remove pve aps too? or maybe remove LB at all

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slaaayerrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaaayerrr View Post
    im sure their kdr can be reset and not allow them to appear at LB from that account anymore

and why do u talk only about pvp...
    pve achievements: most of them can be completed in one day or can be bought; other - just botted, i can see only 4 really hard maps for botting (rengol underhul maus deepmarsh)

so... remove pve aps too? or maybe remove LB at all
    Resetting kills would be a good fix...but how to prove which kills were dummies or legit over so many players and such a long time?

Unlike dummy farming, there is still a good chance you will be banned for botting pve (yes I'm aware many do bot) when the ban hammer finally swings there will be some salty "pro's" who wish they just ran the maps.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

but how to prove which kills were dummies
    if player told: "sts says dummy farm is legal anyways" and keep farming his dummy, isnt it prove? i didnt tell that sts can find and punish ALL cheaters, but removing some of them from LB/game will be already result. there were a lot of threads (some of them closed/deleted) with prooves about some lb players, and they still at lb...

there is still a good chance you will be banned for botting pve
    if you are talking exactly about me - i dont even go hauntlet for kills, im there just for 1 run per event to check essences drop..
    when player getting report, or mentioned as cheater at forum - devs can check logs and see what he/she doing (if "being at lb is high honor" - i think its not hard to check 75 players)
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 04-25-2019 at 09:54 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slaaayerrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

if player told: "sts says dummy farm is legal anyways" and keep farming his dummy, isnt it prove? i didnt tell that sts can find and punish ALL cheaters, but removing some of them from LB/game will be already result. there were a lot of threads (some of them closed/deleted) with prooves about some lb players, and they still at lb...

if you are talking exactly about me - i dont even go hauntlet for kills, im there just for 1 run per event to check essences drop..
    when player getting report, or mentioned as cheater at forum - devs can check logs and see what he/she doing (if "being at lb is high honor" - i think its not hard to check 75 players)
    Honestly I feel it would be much easier for sts to just remove the PvP AP's, maybe reward an achievement/banner/title but remove the actual achievement points so it doesn't have a detrimental effect on the LB.

I was most certainly not talking about you (I don't even know your ign :/) just botters in general.

Full disclosure: I'm not on the leaderboard, I'm not too interested in getting on it, I don't really PvP just like to talk about perceived issues in the game and get other peoples perspective on a resolution.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Honestly I feel it would be much easier for sts to just remove the PvP AP's, maybe reward an achievement/banner/title but remove the actual achievement points so it doesn't have a detrimental effect on the LB.
    i just dont see logic if both (pve/pvp) can be cheated and both affecting LB, why do u offer to remove ONLY pvp aps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

i just dont see logic if both (pve/pvp) can be cheated and both affecting LB, why do u offer to remove ONLY pvp aps
    Lots of players are causing drama over this specific issue at the moment. I feel its the community's job alongside sts to offer up solutions. Botting in Pve is bannable, dummy farming it seems is not.

Many players have completed all Pve APS and need only Pve ones to be on the LB (an aspiration for many) therefore it is becoming logical to cheat the last 1000 or so AP's to obtain a coveted LB position as STS are not currently banning for this particular method of cheating... Don't get me wrong, I'd love STS to fix every loophole, bug, exploit, cheat etc but I'm focusing for now on this specific issue.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Botting in Pve is bannable, dummy farming it seems is not.
    here answer about bannable... https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...=1#post2955649

who said that df is allowed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

here answer about bannable... https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...=1#post2955649

who said that df is allowed?
    Thanks, I've already seen that post. Nowhere does it say that it is bannable. Numerous devs in the past have confirmed they are not currently banning for dummy farming (even if it is sad) as does Remiem in the post that you linked, only that sts can pick and choose when and if they decide to ban people, which is even more confusing for players.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Idly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Thanks, I've already seen that post. Nowhere does it say that it is bannable. Numerous devs in the past have confirmed they are not currently banning for dummy farming (even if it is sad) as does Remiem in the post that you linked, only that sts can pick and choose when and if they decide to ban people, which is even more confusing for players.
    If they were to ban for dummy farming and flagging, them hey would end up banning half (or more) of the lb cuz ik a lotta them and seen their kd before, and slayer (he’s called “skype“) in game he would get banned too cuz he did flagging which is “cheating” and I wouldn’t be surprised if he dummy farmed too
    The reason Skype is always so salty on these kinds of posts, is cuz he’s trying to keep his lb position, like he always goes to harass people flagging, so that they can’t take his lb position, that is his true intent

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gufugufutwo View Post
    If they were to ban for dummy farming and flagging, them hey would end up banning half (or more) of the lb cuz ik a lotta them and seen their kd before, and slayer (he’s called “skype“) in game he would get banned too cuz he did flagging which is “cheating” and I wouldn’t be surprised if he dummy farmed too
    The reason Skype is always so salty on these kinds of posts, is cuz he’s trying to keep his lb position, like he always goes to harass people flagging, so that they can’t take his lb position, that is his true intent
    He cheated pve kills untill 1.2m pve then stopped months ago so we think he fair XD

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iloveu For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gufugufutwo View Post
    is cuz he’s trying to keep his lb position, like he always goes to harass people flagging
    am i not supposed to do it? even if they arent cheaters, "harrass people flagging"? i playing regular pvp also, not only ctf to farm poor flaggers
    any proves of my cheating?
    nice try, nub

and... dont forget to ask your friends to "like" ur posts "against insufferable"
    (fear slayer in line = gufukytwo)

Name:  123.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  85.5 KB

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iloveu View Post
    He cheated pve kills untill 1.2m pve then stopped months ago so we think he fair XD
    i've lvlupped this toon at lvl56 expansion, so isnt it real to have 1,2m kills atm by rogue?
    before u tell that - u can ask anybody of top guilds (i was almost in every of those guilds) and haD many friends if i cheated, or if anybody saw me in hauntlet

good luck, cheating kids
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 04-25-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i've lvlupped this toon at lvl56 expansion, so isnt it real to have 1,2m kills atm by rogue?
    before u tell that - u can ask anybody of top guilds (i was almost in every of those guilds) and haD many friends if i cheated, or if anybody saw me in hauntlet

good luck, cheating kids

none see you cause you in solo guild with your alovely gold buyer cause u got kicked from many guilds none can stand you bro cause you always trashtalk but you cheated aswell

21. The Following User Says Thank You to iloveu For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iloveu View Post
    none see you cause you in solo guild with your alovely gold buyer cause u got kicked from many guilds none can stand you bro cause you always trashtalk but you cheated aswell
    is she gold buyer? i only see that she buying some plats; i got kicked? i left them by myself; am i trashtalking? as we both see now, its u trying to trashtalk me and my spouce and calling me cheater only because u dont like me/or friend with gufuky/or just his 2nd forum account for TTing lmao
    who are u, mister trashtalker?
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 04-25-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

PvP leader boards removed because "players can't control their cheating".

PvE leader boards kept because "players can't control their cheating".

Am I missing something? or was there deliberate intent to kill pvp from the start?
    Last edited by Perceval; 04-25-2019 at 11:19 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Can we try to keep it on topic and drama free please guys. I'd like the community's opinion on the op, not more drama. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

I am PvE player, i do not plan to run PvP just to have APS, so i will stay under max APS. And i am not losing my mind to not have max APS, ever. If more players agree, i would like to remove PvP APS too, and compensate players, who did those APS with simple rewards (such as unique banner or badge). If PvP APS remain (most likely), i am fine with it. You just wanted know our opinions, so i contributed.
    Last edited by Marosok; 04-25-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marosok View Post
    I am PvE player, i do not plan to run PvP just to have APS, so i will stay under max APS. And i am not losing my mind to not have max APS, ever. If more players agree, i would like to remove PvP APS too, and compensate players, who did those APS with simple rewards (such as unique banner or badge). If PvP APS remain (most likely), i am fine with it. You just wanted know our opinions, so i contributed.
    I agree, it will very unlikely change, and not that big an issue for me either. Just a hot topic at the moment and I like to hear other views.

My main reason for suggesting a removal of those AP's is that for 90% of players, the PvP AP's are all that are left to achieve a LB spot, and 99% of the 90% cba with empty maps, gangers, flaggers, flagger gangers, TT+drama and all other negative things to do with PvP, and that is the only difference between top LB players and not (which for me is wrong)

Personally I'd like to see some extremely difficult AP's only for the most dedicated players (PvP AP's remaining would be fine IF there was 0 tolerance for dummy farming, as it is now its cheat to win)

Thankyou for your contribution to the thread

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Idly For This Useful Post: