Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remove PvP AP's?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

TL;DR; Dont remove Pvp APS thanks

Since there is already drama over Pve kills farming using Macros in hauntlet, removing pvp aps will only add fuel to fire. Let PvP aps stay and try to make it more active by bringing some changes to how PvP is played (new maps with different structure to win or lose rather than just be op and kill) . If the only reason for removing pvp aps is so that more people can reach LB ( or to avoid dummy farming ) then that seems unfair to players playing long time to achieve that goal. Anyone can create a new char and grind a lot in pve with average gear to get those aps.
    Ign : siersan (R), Guild : <Airborn>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sier View Post
    TL;DR; Dont remove Pvp APS thanks

Since there is already drama over Pve kills farming using Macros in hauntlet, removing pvp aps will only add fuel to fire. Let PvP aps stay and try to make it more active by bringing some changes to how PvP is played (new maps with different structure to win or lose rather than just be op and kill) . If the only reason for removing pvp aps is so that more people can reach LB ( or to avoid dummy farming ) then that seems unfair to players playing long time to achieve that goal. Anyone can create a new char and grind a lot in pve with average gear to get those aps.
    Its not my intention to make it so that people can get on the leaderboard easily...I'd like it to be much harder to earn a spot, and when I look at the LB it'd be nice to see a bigger difference in AP's instead of rank via kills with (almost) everyone having max points.

My point is that the difference between LB and non LB is basically grinding the PvP AP's for 12 months + or cheating, which is not only boring AF but shows no ability/skill from the supposed best players.

Personally I have no problem with dummy farming for AP's if STS state it's legit... But if its legit to farm dummy to receive such a high honor as a LB spot then what's the point of the AP's and LB in the first place? if Its not legit why may so many players do it without consequence?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Idly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idly View Post
    Resetting kills would be a good fix...but how to prove which kills were dummies or legit over so many players and such a long time?

Unlike dummy farming, there is still a good chance you will be banned for botting pve (yes I'm aware many do bot) when the ban hammer finally swings there will be some salty "pro's" who wish they just ran the maps.
    good chance you will get banned for botting?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j3WBy0ZZeRk
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KJJ9Y7VTasw
    These videos were made 2 years ago, sent to sts, the player was reported multiple times etc...
    That's a photo of the lb today.
    Good chance
    How can you prove it better than that? If that's not sufficient for sts, they will stay on lb forever.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pxoo For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pxoo View Post
    good chance you will get banned for botting?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j3WBy0ZZeRk
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KJJ9Y7VTasw
    These videos were made 2 years ago, sent to sts, the player was reported multiple times etc...
    That's a photo of the lb today.
    Good chance
    How can you prove it better than that? If that's not sufficient for sts, they will stay on lb forever.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
    remember that tread was deleted, table just said "i was on work and playing by 1 hand" (same as ravagerx)
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 04-28-2019 at 07:39 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to slaaayerrr For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

No, ty. I got my PvP kills decently

Enviado de meu SM-G570M usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

That's a bad idea for a lot of reasons. The players on the lb have put in work. To take that work and flush it is just wrong.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

i'm also a PvE player so i have no plans in turning PvP very soon, specially with the drama happening in that zone nowadays.

but yes i support to remove the aps for PvP since the drama it creates is so alarming now. one more thing is we already have a reward for the most PvP kills (banner) most PvE kills (also have a banner reward) so maybe make the "top player" banner rewards for the aps alone.

lastly, the leaderboard "top player" was for the players who gave all their best and for the recognition they truly deserve but for the current situation people become top players out of nowhere they just pop out of nowhere and hits the lb rankings immediately, yes they do the aps in all around arlor which is a lot of effort (i myself is having troubles finishing all aps) but the hard work of getting all the aps from PvP is almost free nowadays you just need a partner or a dummy to do so, is that a worthy move to become a top player? i guess not. it's a shame to be in the lb recognition together with the players who truly worked their way to the lb with lots of effort.
    (if people are going to say that pvp is dead etc etc well it's part of the game people don't come to pvp cuz of the imbalance etc etc so if pvp is dead what's the point of still having the aps for it? just maybe remove the aps and make the pvp a for fun zone for all the bored players.)

for that being said it's still sts decision. have a good day y'all

CU's Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Sorry but just NO. I don't see any reason why pvp aps should be removed. Pvp is a part of the game, half dead but it exists. Pvpers never dreamed to ask the removal of all dead pve aps that exist in maps no one runs anymore (all maps apart elite soutern gates, deepmarsh, and soon will be dead also mausoleum). The challanger in shuyal arena, no one runs arena, so shall we ask for its remove? Ofc no.. CTF is dead so lets remove all flags? Ofc no..
    I have seen opinions based if they already got those aps, so they must stay, which is just selfish. If they ll gain those aps with a dummy or not its their problem towards sts, but it's very stupid bring up this problem at 5 days left from season ending where 99% of pve lb "top players" already dummied them all. Don't support this topic only to prevent other people taking your spot.
    Peace