Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding ign

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default Regarding ign

I believe a ign purge is long due , there are many hoarders who got banned with multiple good igns, it has become a nuisance while creating a character and never getting a good ign

Anyways , its just my opinion , feel free to share your own thoughts

Edit-This thread is not about monetizing igns , or about purging unbanned people's ign
    Last edited by ssbake; 05-01-2019 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Unnecessary drama

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ssbake For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Totally agree! +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ssbake View Post
    I believe a ign purge is long due , there are many hoarders who got banned with multiple good igns, it has become a nuisance while creating a character and never getting a good ign

Anyways , its just my opinion , feel free to share your own thoughts

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk
    Yea agree. Justg said he was gonna look into this but he gon now >[

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Dumb suggestion instant -1. Its just a name, you need a cool name to be amongst the "cool kids"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Havent played in a while now but I still remembers the idiots with cool names, none of them og. They purged once no need to do it again
    Ign:Fvw

7. The Following User Says Thank You to radagan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

No thanks. It's really not that hard to be creative.

Also, i remember the time the dev's released all banned/hoarded name's out to the public

And that very mistake is what caused a next wave of scammers to appear.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 04-30-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Why not release in-active names for plat purchase?
    • Allow names to be bought with a certain amount of plat.
    • When purchased, the buyer's name auto changes, the rename fee could be included with the purchase fee.
    • If player decides to delete the character, the name gets recycled to be obtained again, thru plat purchase.
    • If a player gets the ban-hammer, the name(s) gets recycled back to the list of plat purchase names, after a complete investigation into that account is finalized.

I know some players like to swap names often. The following could be implemented:
    • Allow players to swap names with their account alts, like we can when we select titles. There would be no platinum renaming fee, use consumables for this change.
    • If player deletes a character to free up the name, the name would get recycled to be added to the list of plat names for purchase.

This may help some with name hoards. Maybe not entirely, but names have been hoarded in the past for resell, a method similar to the above could help prevent this.

(Nothing is fool proof though.)
    Last edited by Avaree; 04-30-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Why not release in active names for plat purchase?
    • Allow names to be bought with a certain amount of plat.
    • When purchased, the buyer's name auto changes, the rename fee could be included with the purchase fee.
    • If player decides to delete the character, the name gets recycled to be obtained again, thru plat purchase.
    • If a player gets the ban-hammer, the name(s) gets recycled back to the list of plat purchase names, after a complete investigation into that account is finalized.

I know some players like to swap names often. The following could be implemented:
    • Allow players to swap names with their account alts, like we can when we select titles. There would be no platinum renaming fee, use consumables for this change.
    • If player deletes a character to free up the name, the name would get recycled to be added to the list of plat names for purchase.

This may help some with name hoards. Maybe not entirely, but names have been in the past for resell, a method similar to the above could help prevent this.

(Nothing is fool proof though.)
    I've never seen any game monetize name's that the player should be creative enough to make....This just doesn't feel right.

And isn't selling name's against the ToS? Doesn't that just contradict itself? Correct me if i'm missing something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright,

Imagine you're a new player in this game, and you've got a total of 5,000 Platinum coins, then you decide you want to check the store out.

And you notice there is literally a section that sells Names (That the player is supposed to come up with) for monetization. How will you react?

PS: This literally feel's the same. Illegal seller's locking name's behind for something in return. Or official store locking name's behind for something in return..??

I just don't get it....Enlighten me please.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 04-30-2019 at 05:30 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

If they add a system to buy and sell igns it would be bending their rules. Also think about a scammer who gets banned and that name goes into the buy list. People would be shouting that guy is a scammer when really he isn't, many would report him over something he didn't do.

Igns are nothing special, its just a way to know who is who. Doesn't matter if the name is good or not, only thing that matters is who the person is behind the ign.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    If they add a system to buy and sell igns it would be bending their rules. Also think about a scammer who gets banned and that name goes into the buy list. People would be shouting that guy is a scammer when really he isn't, many would report him over something he didn't do.

Igns are nothing special, its just a way to know who is who. Doesn't matter if the name is good or not, only thing that matters is who the person is behind the ign.
    I agree with you Encryptions, you are speaking the truth.

This is so accurate...Imagine the drama that will happen, if unsuspecting new players purchase name's that have a bad ring to them???

A big mess! A catastrophe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

The developer's should focus on choosing other unique routes for monetization methods.

How about the next expansion they can introduce unique products for monetization, such as "Crafting" or "Ranks"

1. Like for example every time you level up a certain cap, and do a certain amount of quests,

your rank goes up and you gain a random (Account Bound) reward locked behind a timer, to prevent abuse.

2. Or maybe you buy special crafting materials to craft unique pet's or key's to premium room's, while regular players get regular rooms, with chance to enter a premium room???

3. Why not a daily rewards road map?? if you Log-In for 31 consecutive day's you get the "Ultimate" reward? (That is Account Bound)

The rest of the 30 days are regular rewards like for example:

.Common Locked (Day1-Day7): Account bound, exclusive item's, that can be liquidated for a unique currency for each characters.

.Rare Locked(Day8-Day15): Account bound, exclusive crafting materials for unique items & premium items like Elite awakening gems.

.Epic Locked (Day31): Account bound, exclusive currency/XP chests with random XP amount dropping/Special mythic-arcane pet that can only be obtained from these exclusive chests)

There are so many way's to innovate the market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    I've never seen any game monetize name's that the player should be creative enough to make....This just doesn't feel right.

And isn't selling name's against the ToS? Doesn't that just contradict itself? Correct me if i'm missing something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright,

Imagine you're a new player in this game, and you've got a total of 5,000 Platinum coins, then you decide you want to check the store out.

And you notice there is literally a section that sells Names (That the player is supposed to come up with) for monetization. How will you react?

PS: This literally feel's the same. Illegal seller's locking name's behind for something in return. Or official store locking name's behind for something in return..??

I just don't get it....
    It appears players are flustered, name options are limited to double letters, Or X in front x3 and behind. STS could implement this to allow new players one time to choose their name at start up with no fee with a prompt box to search a list of available names.

Yes selling/buying names is against the TOS, because those selling names are usually receiving RL money and or gold for the names, which is property of STS, so basically it's sorta like stealing from STS. Same when players sell gold or for real life money. STS already monetizes names with the 30 plat fee to rename your character. So no, it's not contradicting, bc the name is property of STS, just like the account you play on.

Face it, players want what their idea of a cool name is to be their IGN. If I was a new player, I would want an original name.

I agree with you Encryptions on most of your points.

This just prevents less hoarding. As far as black market account selling with super cool name, how many will want to start over on a fresh character, just to have a cool name? If the account gets deleted the name gets recycle.

As far a player selecting a name that was rotten before, as you said above only thing that matters is who the person is behind the ign . The person makes the name, the name don't make a person.

FYI I am happy with my name. XD
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post

Alright,

I just don't get it....
    It appears players are flustered, name options are limited to double letters, Or X in front x3 and behind. STS could implement this to allow new players to choose their name at start up with no fee with a prompt box to search a list of available names.

Yes selling/buying names is against the TOS, because those selling names are usually receiving RL money and or gold for the names, which is property of STS, so basically it's sorta like stealing from STS. Same when players sell gold or for real life money. STS already monetizes names with the 30 plat fee to rename your character.

Face it, players want what their idea of a cool name is to be their IGN. If I was a new player, and wanted an original name, I would be happy to pay for it through the game knowing I will obtain that name I purchased.

If they add a system to buy and sell igns it would be bending their rules....

I agree with you Encryptions on most of your points. This just allows less hoarding. As far as black market account selling with super cool name, how many will want to start over on a fresh character, just to have a cool name? If the account gets deleted the name gets recycle.

As far a player selecting a name that was rotten before, as you said above only thing that matters is who the person is behind the ign . The person makes the name, the name don't make a person.

FYI I am happy with my name. XD
    Last edited by Avaree; 04-30-2019 at 06:38 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I just made about 6 toons earlier this month, all short variations on names I already have, all pronounceable and nothing strange. I even found names I did not take. Still plenty of names out there. Just need a couple brain cells.

That said, and thought, we could also have:

STS selling the OTHER names of banned accounts could be acceptable.

No one should take names of the banned just because we do not need more complaints on forums, "Blah blah blah bullying me, calling me scammer, wahh wahh wahh!! boohoo so sad!! wahh wahh wahh!!"

However, if those accounts hold other good IGNs that were not specifically known as scamming IGNs, then I do not see why those IGNs could not be used. Specifically, I would think IGNs of low level characters in those accounts, characters that did not have many hours of play or no hours of play. If there are significant numbers of these, then I could see where this might be worth the effort.

Compensation for the work STS puts in to accommodate this also seems reasonable.

P.S. Try not to auction off IGNs of active accounts and characters. That was so annoying!

Star light, star bright...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

I think a purge of player's names that have been inactive for over 2 years is a good idea & should be cleaned out. I don't really have a horse in this race. But if you clear the names set a few dates and just pin it up on announcements and release a few at a time. Regardless I think there should at the very least numbers added to names.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

If you guys need help finding igns I made a section on my help thread below my picture thing. Thousands of names still exist, just search around.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

And no xxx's and zzz's needed, unless it is desired.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

I think names like "justsendit" or "thatwilldo" is just as remarkable as any three letter word or a famous name like Cinco xD
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

If you guys need help finding igns I made a section on my help thread below my picture thing. Thousands of names still exist, just search around.
    That's out dated and not what the subject of this thread is about. The OP was asking to clear out original names that are no longer in use.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

why not add numbers and spaces for ign's instead?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Pxoo For This Useful Post: