Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding ign

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Absolutely no need, as Nottness, Nottia, Lumpious, Cavae, Lumpling and Nottling can attest.

Wait, there's a number in there!

Nvm. All original, as always. Did take 15 minutes of thought though.

Nvm. Probably was 3-5min.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

All these ideas are just repeating themselves. All of these have been discussed already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    I think a purge of player's names that have been inactive for over 2 years is a good idea & should be cleaned out. I don't really have a horse in this race. But if you clear the names set a few dates and just pin it up on announcements and release a few at a time. Regardless I think there should at the very least numbers added to names.
    Wait what? Seriously...? :/

What if player's are very busy with their lives or just don't want to play the game for like, let's say 3 Years.

And then they decide to come back to the game, and find out their name's had been cleaned out from them, for "Monetization"...there will be huge backlash and extreme outrage.

Why even monetize name's? just leave them as they are and ban the filthy cheaters who are selling IGN's for gold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imagine you haven't played this game for 2 years because you've been very busy with your life or you just don't want to play the game for the time being.

And when you return, all your names you've had just disappeared, and you end up being stuck with randomly generated names? how will you feel?

Please be honest, because this idea of punishing people for being in-active as they wish, is utter crazyness. And it might ruin the experience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are just name's they mean nothing. Are specific name's on a video game the thing that will give you a confidence boost? Ego boost?

If so, i've got very bad new's for you.

If you guy's are trying to encourage Monetization for Name's! That the player's should have freedom choosing. Then you are trying to ruin this game and make it undesirable.

It will be the beginning of the end. You guy's are trying to encourage, us being milked for mere name's.

Imagine the amount of players leaving because of this. Imagine the insane backlash. Becareful what you wish for, it will bite back one day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: You say a "Good idea"? This is a really really bad idea, this will ruin the game for sure. There are consequences for these types of practices. @Allset

EDIT: With all respect, I'm sorry, if this sounds very harsh. But this is the truth. Please try to understand.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 05-01-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Arcane Legend's should have something just like this:

And this type of reward system will be a win-win for everyone.

Name:  daily reward chests system.png
Views: 213
Size:  400.9 KB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    Wait what?? Seriously?

What if player's are very busy with their lives or just don't want to play the game for like, let's say 3 Years.

Why even monetize name's??? just leave them as they are and ban the filthy cheaters who are selling IGN's for gold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imagine you haven't played this game for 2 years because you've been very busy with your life or you just don't want to play the game for the time being.

And when you return, all your names you've had just disappeared, and you end up being stuck with randomly generated names? how will you feel?

Please be honest, because this idea of punishing people for being inactive as they wish, is utter crazyness. And it might ruin the whole game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you guy's are trying to encourage Monetization for Name's! That the player's should have freedom choosing. Then you are trying to ruin this game and make it undesirable.

It will be the beginning of the end. You guy's are trying to encourage, us being milked for mere name's.

Imagine the amount of players leaving because of this. Imagine the insane backlash. Becareful what you wish for, it will bite back one day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol it already happened. STS released in-active players names about 3 years ago. IDR any player(s) raging or players leaving in droves bc of this. Things in this thread were a mere suggestions.

A suggestion or idea of name purchase could generate some revenue for future development of STS games. Yes all need to keep in mind the integrity of the game enviroment, but without players buying plat, the development of new content may be limited.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Lol it already happened. STS released in-active players names about 3 years ago. IDR any player(s) raging or players leaving in droves bc of this. Things in this thread were a mere suggestions.

A suggestion or idea of name purchase could generate some revenue for future development of STS games. Yes all need to keep in mind the integrity of the game enviroment, but without players buying plat, the development of new content may be limited.
    How about let the dev's come up with ways, to make the stores more attractive.

The dev's are pretty smart and creative, i believe they can indeed implement something neat & original.

Instead of resorting to milking us for.....Name's...literally just name's that you can easily come up with.

I won't argue anymore, there is no point. Becareful What you wish for. It will not end well..... :/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: You don't know who "Raged & quit" because of that release of in-active names 3 years ago?

So many quit the game, so many complained that their name's had been stolen & put up for sale by illegal sellers.

Not to be rude or anything, but. Avaree, you might as well never be in-active, or your name will be put up for sale one day, By this monetization system you are encouraging.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 05-01-2019 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Btw. Maybe you guy's didn't think about this one:

What if IGN sellers just Log-In to their toons with hoarded name's each month, to make them "Active" and

save them from that "In-activity cleaning" punishment?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You cannot get rid of the IGN sellers. No matter how hard you try. The only way to do that, is to perma ban each IGN seller you can expose.

This type of punishment you are encouraging, will just drag all the innocent player's into this mess.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 05-01-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Idk how this thread got here, completely off point , I was just suggesting that alot of players hoarded igns which have never been used , i personally knew few who had 50+ and even few with 100+

Other solution would be ,(Much better than purge)
    Is to limit character limit per account , would help with economy and hoarding , no one should be able to hoard unlimited items just because they can purchase multiple slots

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Arcane Legend's should have something just like this:

And this type of reward system will be a win-win for everyone.

Name:  daily reward chests system.png
Views: 213
Size:  400.9 KB
    Been playing too much aq3d eh?

Though i do agree , sts doesn't reward active players one bit , klass and shabot give utterly useless rewards , maybe thats why people are leaving the game , the sense of getting rich by only farming and merching , there's no rewarding aspect for playing , not to mention drops from maps are garbage too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ssbake View Post
    Been playing too much aq3d eh?

Though i do agree , sts doesn't reward active players one bit , klass and shabot give utterly useless rewards , maybe thats why people are leaving the game , the sense of getting rich by only farming and merching , there's no rewarding aspect for playing , not to mention drops from maps are garbage too

I agree with you. Wouldn't it be nice, logging online, and the game greets you with handsome rewards for coming back?

That's a very warm welcome. A very generous one. AL Need's that also. Klaas & Shazbot feel bland and soulless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, yes i do occasionally play AQ3D on steam. I'm level 18 currently, and i'm on Day10 of the daily chests reward road map.

That picture i've posted is from google images.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Didn't read all comments but still -1 not good idea to bring back old igns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Wait what? Seriously...? :/

And then they decide to come back to the game, and find out their name's had been cleaned out from them, for "Monetization"...there will be huge backlash and extreme outrage.

Why even monetize name's? just leave them as they are and ban the filthy cheaters who are selling IGN's for gold.

Please be honest, because this idea of punishing people for being in-active as they wish, is utter crazyness. And it might ruin the experience.

These are just name's they mean nothing. Are specific name's on a video game the thing that will give you a confidence boost? Ego boost?

If so, i've got very bad new's for you.

PS: You say a "Good idea"? This is a horrible and shameless idea! Seriously! There are consequences for these types of practices. @Allset

EDIT: With all respect, I'm sorry, if this sounds very harsh. But this is the truth. Please try to understand.
    I have been in MMOs where I had great names and lost them because of name purges. I hate the fact that I lost them. But since I was inactive for so long I understand. It definitely keeps you on your feet. STS could email anyone that has been inactive for over 2 years and tell them if they do not login they will lose their account names and put a * on the name they do have to open the names up for everyone that is playing now.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    I have been in MMOs where I had great names and lost them because of name purges. I hate the fact that I lost them. But since I was inactive for so long I understand. It definitely keeps you on your feet. STS could email anyone that has been inactive for over 2 years and tell them if they do not login they will lose their account names and put a * on the name they do have to open the names up for everyone that is playing now.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk
    No wonder you're playing Arcane Legend's and even joined the forums, because that MMORPG's ridiculous practice made you quit & join AL.

See what i'm trying to say? Now, please do not make AL suffer the same fate, leave it as it is.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 05-01-2019 at 07:34 PM.

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

i had the ign emperor in tera for ps4 and only was inactive for 4 months and lost my name, the only names that should be deletable is from banned people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

How about let the dev's come up with ways, to make the stores more attractive.
    This means all players including you, should not suggest things? This game is built around players suggestions.

Avaree, you might as well never be in-active, or your name will be put up for sale one day, By this monetization system you are encouraging.

When I pressed the login in tab, I am agreeing to the TOS, that my character is property of STS. When I become in-active (if ever), and sts releases my IGNs, they do. I accept that outcome

...Btw. Maybe you guy's didn't think about this one:

What if IGN sellers just Log-In to their toons with hoarded name's each month, to make them "Active" and

save them from that "In-activity cleaning" punishment?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    STS could look at other variables to determine if an account only reaches the log in menu.

....You cannot get rid of the IGN sellers. No matter how hard you try. The only way to do that, is to perma ban each IGN seller you can expose.

This type of punishment you are encouraging, will just drag all the innocent player's into this mess.
    Suggestions are written ideas, not an encouragement. If plat is not an attractive option to purchase names, make collectible name tokens, used to purchase names avaible. Having a type of fee to obtain these names will detour hoarders. The suggestion I mentioned will greatly slow down illegal name sales, bc any account deleted to free up a name will be immediately reserved in the availble name list. Not many players will want to illegally buy an account with a "cool name", that they can't transfer it to their main account, when they can select from the list of available names,with no worries of scams, or ban-hammer

The idea behind my suggestion was a way most players could have an equal oppertunity to get a name that makes the feel good about the character they play. And yes, the player makes the name, for better or worse.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I can’t believe that we (players) are suggesting that sts sell names for plat

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Anehazaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anehazaz View Post
    I can’t believe that we (players) are suggesting that sts sell names for plat
    I know right? It's insanity. It makes me speechless how this is even possible....

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey guys. Thanks for all of the suggestions here. Anecdotally, we have players who return to the game all the time that have been inactive for years at a time. It's pretty common in any MMO I believe. (Can't tell you how many times I went back to WoW. ) It would not be right or fair to reclaim their names, no matter how much our active players want them. Banned accounts are different, yes, but even with those it can cause confusion and drama for the names to re-enter the game. I know you all are a creative bunch. Even though it would be cool to have some of those more sought-after names, I know you all can come up with some that are even better--and available.

I will certainly pass along your feedback and suggestions to the team, but at this time there are no plans to release any names that are taken by any account, active or not.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys. Thanks for all of the suggestions here. Anecdotally, we have players who return to the game all the time that have been inactive for years at a time. It's pretty common in any MMO I believe. (Can't tell you how many times I went back to WoW. ) It would not be right or fair to reclaim their names, no matter how much our active players want them. Banned accounts are different, yes, but even with those it can cause confusion and drama for the names to re-enter the game. I know you all are a creative bunch. Even though it would be cool to have some of those more sought-after names, I know you all can come up with some that are even better--and available.

I will certainly pass along your feedback and suggestions to the team, but at this time there are no plans to release any names that are taken by any account, active or not.
    any plans on adding numbers/spaces/capital letters to names?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #40
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pxoo View Post
    any plans on adding numbers/spaces/capital letters to names?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
    Not at this time. There are a few practical reasons for this on our end. But it's been noted for the team that this is something people want.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com