Thread: Mt pet snake "Bubbles" Thanksgiving Dinner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Heya back off! If he shed 3 times in one month your doing something right. Don't worry too much if he goes off a Reg scedual feeding. I've got a couple decades familiarity with exotics, & ball pythons are notorious for going on "hunger strikes", with little harm ( usually feeding again on their own terms if well provided for). Looks like you're a caring owner, good job!
    Random non-sequiters: 20-30somthing foot burmeese pythons (African) are now native invader inhabitants of Florida, & I was once mauled by a 9 foot monitor lizard. Can't make this stuff up

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Heya back off! If he shed 3 times in one month your doing something right. Don't worry too much if he goes off a Reg scedual feeding. I've got a couple decades familiarity with exotics, & ball pythons are notorious for going on "hunger strikes", with little harm ( usually feeding again on their own terms if well provided for). Looks like you're a caring owner, good job!
    Random non-sequiters: 20-30somthing foot burmeese pythons (African) are now native invader inhabitants of Florida, & I was once mauled by a 9 foot monitor lizard. Can't make this stuff up
    Hey thanks. I have had all sorts of pets before & this is my 2nd second snake I've owned. As far as pets go Ball Pythons are very low maintenance to take care of & very fun to handle. When he does go on a wierd shed cycle like that it usually only offsets his eating cycle by a week or so. I like to know as much as possible about the animal I am caring for so I research as often as I can. Just this month I came up with a handy method to help with shedding. Living in Alaska it can get quite dry & very cold! So Keeping a close eye on Temperature & humidity is a must. From what I have read, ball pythons like the humidity raised while they are in shedding. To help with this I place a damp washcloth on top of his tank & keep damp. Also learned that from reading.
    What I did different this time was place a damp washcloth on top of his house as well. I could not believe how healthy the shed was. He never shed all in one piece of skin until I started doing this. I was so proud of him lol.

I have been keeping a close eye on the burmese pythons in Florida. Watched a BBC documentary about it not too long ago. From what I understand they are thriving like no other there having a huge impact on the environment. Burmese pythons can grow to the size of a telephone pole. There is close study on what they are eating & what they have been eating since the outbreak. Just about every animal in the habitat are on the menu including a few endangered birds & alligators. Yes alligators! It is a very long fight & either side is liable to win, the gator or the snake. I have even seen instances where a burmese python starting fights with alligators & chasing them off just fighting for the hunting grounds. This topic really intrigued me! There is a lot going on when it comes to wildlife in Florida atm. Be safe my friend.
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer