Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tournament shield

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    That's a valid point, but strictly from my experience, the community was vastly different years ago. You generally did not have to worry about your account being hacked in the day (that is, I never witnessed an incident of anyone in the community being hacked). It was an exceptionally less toxic community, particularly when we had multiple devs/mods monitoring the game (right now, we only have Cinco). In the last months or so, I've heard of about 4-5 hackings. Not to mention... Hahahabirdy won pretty much every tournament he entered, believe me when I say it – he had an abundance of tournament shields

But yes, I definitely see where you're coming from.
    Makes sense buddy, it’s more toxic definitely , and cinco can’t fix it all himself , and everything already is tradeable, so what would it matter imo. Cinco will probably over look this thread anyways, just a few us thought that making them revertable to trade friendly via a small plat cost would be a cool thing to do. But it is what it is , good to see people’s opinions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

"Getting hacked" is some kind of gamer jargon that translates as "not being careful with your account information." If people could just hack accounts at will, everyone would be getting hacked all the time. Especially large, wealthy accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ortalan For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ortalan View Post
    "Getting hacked" is some kind of gamer jargon that translates as "not being careful with your account information." If people could just hack accounts at will, everyone would be getting hacked all the time. Especially large, wealthy accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're right. I should say, I wasn't at all thinking about updating my account information. It never occurred to me, nor did I realize how easy it was, but in the context I've been using it, it certainly happens. The issue of hacking is also amplified when you're in a small community.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Well the real topic here is whether or not shields should be trade able. Everyone other item in game can be traded , I think it’s only fair that won items can be trade able. That’s what makes it a prize . Key word , PRIZE. To do with what you want , and someone made a smart comment. If the person wins and doesn’t like it , what’s the point , when someone else likes it and is willing to trade for it . You know?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

As Mastervoodoo stated the owners of the black and white tournament shields are able to sell/buy/trade them as they please. I feel like the other winners should have the same benefits also, I’m not being biased just because I have a shield that can’t be traded like I said because I don’t plan on selling mine. I just feel as if we should have the freedom that others have.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Absolize For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

The idea of using plat to make them tradeable is kind of ridiculous imo. How much plat are we talking about? 2 plat? 200 plat, or 200k plat? Its pointless, what about 5mill plat? So if Cinco agrees, then the the tourney shields will be available for 5 mill plat. So if anyone wants to make their shield tradeable then they have to use 5 mill plat. Everyone's happy right?
    Do you see where I'm going here? I see no sense in the idea of plat. Plat is real world monetary items that supports Cinco and STS, yes to me they'll always be STS, not STG, and our topic here is about making the tourney shields tradable, not to make sales. It's not like theres 3k shields floating around and whoever can just convert it into a tradeable version just has to fork up 50 plat and the rest of the world is all good. Or even 2k plat, or 10k, etc.
    The idea and topic of this discussion is to make it tradeable or not, I say yes. Like I said in an earlier post, the door was open when founders and cop were made tradeable. And this will just be another item later in the future. Back in 2010 I missed Founders by a month or 2, always regretted it, then it was made tradeable, I bought it and have it till this day. Just an example.
    Sorry for the long post, just my 4 cents.
    Last edited by killinclaw; 05-02-2019 at 10:30 PM.

You Only Lose When You Give Up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killinclaw View Post
    The idea of using plat to make them tradeable is kind of ridiculous imo. How much plat are we talking about? 2 plat? 200 plat, or 200k plat? Its pointless, what about 5mill plat? So if Cinco agrees, then the the tourney shields will be available for 5 mill plat. So if anyone wants to make their shield tradeable then they have to use 5 mill plat. Everyone's happy right?
    Do you see where I'm going here? I see no sense in the idea of plat. Plat is real world monetary items that supports Cinco and STS, yes to me they'll always be STS, not STG, and our topic here is about making the tourney shields tradable, not to make sales. It's not like theres 3k shields floating around and whoever can just convert it into a tradeable version just has to fork up 50 plat and the rest of the world is all good. Or even 2k plat, or 10k, etc.
    The idea and topic of this discussion is to make it tradeable or not, I say yes. Like I said in an earlier post, the door was open when founders and cop were made tradeable. And this will just be another item later in the future. Back in 2010 I missed Founders by a month or 2, always regretted it, then it was made tradeable, I bought it and have it till this day. Just an example.
    Sorry for the long post, just my 4 cents.
    I'm sure Cinco will love this idea why?
    Because it makes money for Sts.

How much platinum needed to make the shields tradeable is up to Cinco.

This idea was suggested to help both Sts and players who has the shields.

I believe it won't be a problem to spend a few platinum to make them tradeable.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Couldn’t agree with you guys more ☺️

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I personally wanna keep the shields untradable or make participation shields tradable and not the winner ones. But that’s my 2¢.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Should be all shields or none that's made tradeable. My nickel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Just keep everything related to tournament prizes untradable. If you want one, wait for a tournament to be hosted or host your own and win. They're tournament prizes not "be rich and buy one to make yourself feel special" lol. That's my quarter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

It would be nice if Cinco added on the ones that are untradeable earned by (player name) on the date won. If they consider making them tradable I hope the signature is added to them first. I remember reading about this idea somewhere so thanks to whoever it was that made it credit to you.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plpr For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Just keep everything related to tournament prizes untradable. If you want one, wait for a tournament to be hosted or host your own and win. They're tournament prizes not "be rich and buy one to make yourself feel special" lol. That's my quarter.
    Thing is usually you can whatever you wamt with the prize.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Idevour For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    Thing is usually you can whatever you wamt with the prize.
    True but should anyone else do whatever they want with your prize? If you want tradable vanities, don't do pvp tourneys lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

True but should anyone else do whatever they want with your prize? If you want tradable vanities, don't do pvp tourneys lol
    I do not know what you are trying to say.... should anyone be able to do whatever they want with my prize?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    I do not know what you are trying to say.... should anyone be able to do whatever they want with my prize?
    It's YOUR prize, honestly you shouldn't be able to sell it because then it doesn't become yours anymore. YOU won it, nobody else did. They shouldn't be used as merch items tbh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Buchmeister aka Scario!! How dare you up my nickel by your quarter! I challenge you kind sir next time I see in the town of Oktal, we must
    Thumbwrestle!!
    And to the death!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killinclaw View Post
    Buchmeister aka Scario!! How dare you up my nickel by your quarter! I challenge you kind sir next time I see in the town of Oktal, we must
    Thumbwrestle!!
    And to the death!
    En garde, ruffian!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

It's YOUR prize, honestly you shouldn't be able to sell it because then it doesn't become yours anymore. YOU won it, nobody else did. They shouldn't be used as merch items tbh.
    I’m sorry but this comment serves no valid point once so ever, it’s actually un interpretable. Please explain further. If you trade an item to someone , it is no longer considered yours, but rather their item now. So they wouldn’t be doing anything with “your” item other than buying it, making it “their” item now. Can’t help but be dumb founded at this comment lol.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    It would be nice if Cinco added on the ones that are untradeable earned by (player name) on the date won. If they consider making them tradable I hope the signature is added to them first. I remember reading about this idea somewhere so thanks to whoever it was that made it credit to you.

Honestly if cinco isn’t willing to make the shields trade able. This is an alternate / amazing idea that I’d love to see happen. That sounds incredible . Like put the name right about the skull.