Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tournament shield

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Default Tournament shield

I think tournament shields should once again become tradeable. I have been talking with some people that have tournament winner shields and most think that they should be tradeable so that the winner can do whatever they want with there prize.

The reason that they became untradeable was that you could gift them. But now that the favorite option has been added to the game this is no longer an issue. Now before someone says i am doing this for my own self interest like some did to jen when she suggested this before, i have no intention of selling mine if this becomes an option once again.

I have asked others and they feel the winner should have the option to do whatever they want to do with the prize that they earned. And since the white shield and the black shields are still tradeable i see no reason why the new ones are not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Idevour For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

+1 i dont even have a tournament shield but i agree they should be tradeable because once again it is the players choice what to do with the prize he earned, especially because its not a guarantee that youll like the shield you get. Also the older tourney shields are tradeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

I agree.

I, myself, do not plan on selling my shield at this time also. But I feel like the winners should have that option if they choose to sell it, considering it’s a prize and you should be able to do what you please with your prize. And like you stated the white and black ones are still able to be traded so I feel as if all of them should have that option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

New tournament shields should stay untradable.

Making them tradable opens up the strong possibility of people buying them on the black market like people do with other rare items (like the tradable black and white tournament shields). When rare items such as these shields are untradable and someone sells an account with one, they can be easily tracked and banned. This heavily discourages account buying and selling.

Making them tradable will also cause you to become a target for scams, hacking, and so forth.

Do we really want more items to become meaningless, where people can claim they won a pvp tournament when in reality they bought the shield on the black market or paid over a billion in gold/items for it? You know some people will do whatever it takes to get their hands on an item. It's made practically every tradable item in this game meaningless, from black and white pvp tournament shields to Mantle of Humania to Guardian of Alterra shields which is perhaps the worst case of them all.

I don't want to see this happen.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 05-01-2019 at 11:51 PM.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I think the shield shield should be tradeable as well as that I see no reason anymore to keep it character bound. The door was opened when Founders and COP became tradeable, as well as the egg, and many other items.

You Only Lose When You Give Up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

For example my participation shield from the last tournament. I don't even wear it, just sits in a box in the basement of guild hall. Would I sell it to someone who likes it? Maybe. Maybe yes. But it's my choice.

You Only Lose When You Give Up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

The ability to trade earned exclusive items on game have always been a talking point. Now the specific items in question are the current tourney shields achieved from last year on wards.

I can see and understand both the positive and negative reasoning behind why these exclusive items can not be traded.

Winners and those who achieved the shields should personally have a choice to sell their shields or give them away.

But with the exclusive items having the ability to trade, encourages scamming, the black market, hacking for those desiring the hard earned items.

On the flip side having the items account locked can also encourage these activities for those wishing to sell their accounts.

What is the best for the game and our community? To satisfy most with the shields and those desiring them?
    That within itself is the question we all should consider.

The trend on AL is the same with the leader board banners account bound. Food for thought. Think of the bigger picture and why this is the case?
    Last edited by Fwend; 05-02-2019 at 05:04 AM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

STS made this decision a couple years ago when all items were made tradeable. It’s only a matter of time before it will have to be done again. Sooner the better IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Agree, maybe with 50 platinum cost to make the shield tradeable? Sounds good to me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Yogaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yogaa View Post
    Agree, maybe with 50 platinum cost to make the shield tradeable? Sounds good to me.
    That seems fair too!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Absolize For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I definitely understand the argument, but to counter, you will certainly become a target for hacking if this becomes the case, as Dolloway mentioned. Unfortunately I learned that hacking is an all too real thing in PL.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 05-02-2019 at 11:12 AM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

It should stay untradable, it's already a shame Cinco made the old ones tradable. If you have a tournament shield, it's because YOU won that tournament. They shouldn't be made into money making tools like everything else in the game has been.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Buchmeister For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

The 50 plat idea for changing them to trade able would be an excellent idea, as far as this encouraging black market traders and account scammers makes no sense, the people who are gonna do so are gonna do so, it’ll continue to happen regardless of if tournament shields have the ability to be reverted to trade able using plat. I 100% agree with the idea of using plat to revert them to a trade able form.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mastervoodoo For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

And I mean no disrespect but you’re contradicting yourself about people buying the shields. You traded hahahabirdy an item for his black tournament shield that he won from l66 tournament . Just saying ����*♂️

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mastervoodoo View Post
    And I mean no disrespect but you’re contradicting yourself about people buying the shields. You traded hahahabirdy an item for his black tournament shield that he won from l66 tournament . Just saying ����*♂️
    Who are you talking about? Because if it is me i do not have a black shield and i have never owned one.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

And I mean no disrespect but you’re contradicting yourself about people buying the shields. You traded hahahabirdy an item for his black tournament shield that he won from l66 tournament . Just saying
    Who are you talking about when you say this?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    Who are you talking about when you say this?
    I’m talking about dolloway. And ghost is my buddy , but his black tourney shield was gifted to him (terribly sorry that he lost it the way he did), so with that being said , dolloway not agreeing with making the shields trade able is kinda hypocritical , especially stating “people stating they won the tournament when they didn’t” etc. not trying to be rude it’s just facts.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

And just because one person was hacked and lost a trade able item , when being hacked probably happens to people all the time, doesn’t make sense as to why that would be a good point in not making the shields trade able lol. People worked hard for mantles and cap vanities . But they’re trade able . Same with black dragon and elite l71 quest items .

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I’m talking about dolloway. And ghost is my buddy , but his black tourney shield was gifted to him (terribly sorry that he lost it the way he did), so with that being said , dolloway not agreeing with making the shields trade able is kinda hypocritical , especially stating “people stating they won the tournament when they didn’t” etc. not trying to be rude it’s just facts.
    That's a valid point, but strictly from my experience, the community was vastly different years ago. You generally did not have to worry about your account being hacked in the day (that is, I never witnessed an incident of anyone in the community being hacked). It was an exceptionally less toxic community, particularly when we had multiple devs/mods monitoring the game (right now, we only have Cinco). In the last months or so, I've heard of about 4-5 hackings. Not to mention... Hahahabirdy won pretty much every tournament he entered, believe me when I say it – he had an abundance of tournament shields

But yes, I definitely see where you're coming from.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I think we should keep the black and whites tradeable as they are already and just start paving a way for new items like the new tourney shields to be character locked.

ELITE