Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tying on Lb

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Tying on Lb

The fact that "top 10" has turned into a top 20 really bugs me because people are tying allowing others who weren't gonna reach top 10 to hit top 10, which means the top 10 rewards will be given out 20 times.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vid AL For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

And what's the problem with that?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Confessing View Post
    And what's the problem with that?
    There's a big problem, this event is 2 weeks, I've been on top 10 since the start opening eggs and blowing my gold for 2 weeks now, if you don't see a problem with top 10 rewards being given out to more than 10 players each class then i don't know what to tell ya.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The players make it happen, I doubt Rogue lb will stay as it is anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Origanix View Post
    The players make it happen, I doubt Rogue lb will stay as it is anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True, look at tanks also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well then tell me another way this would work? Don't get me wrong I'm not saying more than 20-30 people should have the rewards but it seems like fair play if 2 or more people decide to tie for rewards. There have been many cases in the past where there is a tie and someone does one run or opens one egg and kicks the other out of top 10 though. I guess one solution could be a limited number of ties per class

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Confessing View Post
    Well then tell me another way this would work? Don't get me wrong I'm not saying more than 20-30 people should have the rewards but it seems like fair play if 2 or more people decide to tie for rewards. There have been many cases in the past where there is a tie and someone does one run or opens one egg and kicks the other out of top 10 though. I guess one solution could be a limited number of ties per class
    Ya a limited amount of ties should happen because this is crazy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Tie rewards are wrong in so many levels, if a player is tied with another on lb they should be forced to break tie or no rewards! Some ran the event the legit way and had to struggle working their way around these players!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

For the most part take into consideration that most of the players who run LB are those that are rich enough to do so, with that being said. 9/10 of the events that occur consist of the same LB runners.
    If players who are end-game are the only players capable of getting ANY spot on the LB (because they can pay and play to do so) is going to be problematic.

A majority of the ties that occur are not because, "I want this too, so let me tie with you for it." It happens to allow more players--those who try to get a spot on the LB but aren't able to do so easily because they are not as wealthy or well equipped as endgame players to have a chance at even bronze tier rewards.

The ties that occur on the leader board are intentional and usually occur between groups of friends and familiar players among the community--those who run each and every event.

If you force players to break a tie that's going to cause every event to become a brawl among the community that only the wealthy players can participate in.
    We don't need that. We already have large disputes, complaints, and even people quitting the game due to economy issues.
    Last edited by marzeg; 05-02-2019 at 02:15 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marzeg For This Useful Post:

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,905 Posts

Thank you everyone for the valuable feedback here. We'll definitely take it into consideration in future events.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Been playing for 5 years and I could never remember a time I was ever on the leaderboard or any friend of mine ever being on it. The riches always top players for the event and I don't think it's fair you guys do top 10 for each class because the game has changed so much just based off how the wealth work is being earned. I just think you guys should at least do top 250 at least because not everyone completes the event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Thank you everyone for the valuable feedback here. We'll definitely take it into consideration in future events.
    Been playing for 5 years and I could never remember a time I was ever on the leaderboard or any friend of mine ever being on it. The riches always top players for the event and I don't think it's fair you guys do top 10 for each class because the game has changed so much just based off how the wealth work is being earned. I just think you guys should at least do top 250 at least because not everyone completes the event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Lb rewards should be unique, this way no point to call it top 10 if it’s 20 ppl. There’s always been ties but seems it’s just gettin worse..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Agnes For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Agnes View Post
    Lb rewards should be unique, this way no point to call it top 10 if it’s 20 ppl. There’s always been ties but seems it’s just gettin worse..
    Yup, then the ones who relied on tying to get them into top 10 get mad at the end when someone pushes them off, you didn't deserve it in the first place

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I didnt complain when you guys broke off the tie. I knew the kind of people you were and thus I expected it to happen. But your obnoxious comment just throws me off. We didnt deserve it?!! To that fact I post an ss of the number of runs I did. These excludes days i didnt run:

Name:  Screen.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  70.7 KB

You guys didnt run the map, some didnt even run once. Is that how LB's are defined? Just CS?!! Only one I saw running, even if a little bit, from the top 5 is just Ishaydear. I decided to stop running last three days to ensure maximum people met up and we could give the silver tier Jetpack to people who actually ran the event fair and square, with our ties. You guys just stayed in your taverns and enjoyed an LB "You DIDNT deserve". You guys cant compete in Lb's which actually take time to run. This is me speaking as an old Lb'r who has been there for almost all events playing in various classes. Even this event I played almost 20+ hrs each day till my hands started paining. Then some of you come and offer me gold to break off the ties?!! Is that the kind of people you are?

So please dont come and preach. You are the ones who didnt deserve it. Those who actually ran, they did.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fightbeast For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The problem with this kind of events to begin with is you are able to buy points via auction. I think devs should have already anticipated this as being an issue way back. The logical thing would have been is to allow eggs to only give points when it is farmed by the player and cannot be traded in any way, just like energy essence and points is accumulated only thru farming efforts.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Kjeldran For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kjeldran View Post
    The problem with this kind of events to begin with is you are able to buy points via auction. I think devs should have already anticipated this as being an issue way back. The logical thing would have been is to allow eggs to only give points when it is farmed by the player and cannot be traded in any way, just like energy essence and points is accumulated only thru farming efforts.
    This event is made for those who don't have the time to run a normal event that requires a massive amount of time out of each day to stay on the leaderboard, i ran top 10, yes i opened eggs, yes i farmed eggs by playing the event, i don't have all day to play a game, i have a job that i go to everyday. So no this event is not a problem, the people still complaining about it are the problem, let us hard workers have an event to ourselves, you can have the rest because i can assure you i won't be running.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

What 'hard work' are you talking about?! Staying at your tavern while buying eggs?! No other game has a LB where people secure it without actually even playing the event. I mean the thought itself is ridiculous. I do hope this debacle isn't continued for a third time in a row next year and people actually get lb by running the event.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Fightbeast For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fightbeast View Post
    What 'hard work' are you talking about?! Staying at your tavern while buying eggs?! No other game has a LB where people secure it without actually even playing the event. I mean the thought itself is ridiculous. I do hope this debacle isn't continued for a third time in a row next year and people actually get lb by running the event.
    I was talking about working in real life, something most people who run the egg event do, good luck getting the egg event switched up because it won't happen, this is the only event anyone can participate in, not everyone can go 2 weeks during a normal event, some of us work and want to hit lb for normal events but we can't because bills have to be paid. Stop complaining about an event that isn't gonna change and worry about how you're gonna get rich to run next years egg event.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Dude, just stop complaining how you cant reach LB during normal events because you have real life work. We all have work, just some of us decide to invest particular times of the year to get our desired goals in the game. You keep complaining about it as if you are some great dude who is the only one who works in real life. Either you invest time to get the lb or you dont. That's a fact for any game lb. And dont worry about me being rich or not; I am plenty rich. Just I dont like to show off like you do

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fightbeast For This Useful Post: