Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem, please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Exclamation Remiem, please.

Do you guys have any plans on enhancing the quality of life for New players who join this game?

It'll have a huge impact on sales & activity if new players are hooked to this game and having fun.

New players are the future of this game. More revenue and populated area's. You guys should focus on more content to supply new legends joining us.

It really does make me feel sorry for New players who barely have anything sufficient for their toon's development. They just give up in the end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Why not add super easy achievements for beginners, with bound vanities/pets? It'll really motivate new players in the long run.

2. Why not bound XP chests from achievements for new players? Samples have strong impact on costumers.

3. Why not make a special event in kraken mines that drops eggs and reborn watch lockeds [Mythic] versions in Kraken mines as a special event?

4. Or add a locked that ONLY drops in kraken mines? Even i myself in endgame, don't find many options to make gold. Hard to enjoy with no goals.

5. Why not advertise the game on social media? i always see super cheap candy crush clones being promoted....

Take the risk. You guys might make good profits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whenever i see a new player who has no clue what their doing, i can't help but to feel pity and jump in to give them a hand. I love giving free items and helping them with insanely hard maps for their journey, whenever i can. I know if a player is genuinely new and needs help when i see one.

It's so tedious for new players if you put yourselves in their shoes. Seriously.

I really suggest you guys should check this thread out, it will help a lot --> https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...edback-Request

So, please Remiem, answer us. Do you have any plans? Reply with anything, even if it's a reply with just 3 words.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 05-07-2019 at 07:15 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

In context to point 5: I am no expert on business and IDK if you are some qualified marketing person or whatever (not in a sarcastic tone) but what I do know is that businesses big or small usually take advice/opinion from qualified people because such people know what they talking about but again you could be some top marketing genius. This is just my opinion that STS the company should consult a qualified person( someone with a degree in Mass Media or Marketing or Risk Analysis) for matters pertaining to expenses such as advertising (I'm guessing its not that cheap).

PS: Really? ''Take the risk, gamble. You guys might make good profits". Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowronn View Post
    In context to point 5: I am no expert on business and IDK if you are some qualified marketing person or whatever (not in a sarcastic tone) but what I do know is that businesses big or small usually take advice/opinion from qualified people because such people know what they talking about but again you could be some top marketing genius. This is just my opinion that STS the company should consult a qualified person( someone with a degree in Mass Media or Marketing or Risk Analysis) for matters pertaining to expenses such as advertising (I'm guessing its not that cheap).

Agreed, to put an ad on Facebook could take up a lot of money. It costs about 1.89$-5$ PER click depending on what you advertise. So if over 2,000 people click on your ad it can cost them between 3,000$ to 6,000$. Not sure how much money they make a day/week but maybe there’s a reason they don’t advertise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowronn View Post

Fixed some errors.

Yes, you're right. It's completely up to the dev's. But i'm just curious about whats behind the scenes. Take care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I think Spacetime Studios also do some game/software development for other companies not just their own. It's not going to be enough if they just relying on Arcane Legends alone to make a living. (Just my assumption)
    D

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

I don’t think they have the money for it. Maybe just enough to make a living. AL is the ultimate money maker but only for long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I hope sts don't mess up and lose their masterpiece coz many new players don't find it interesting.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

what new players? This game has almost no downloads this year, most downloads are probably old players who are revisiting this game. There was a thread about advertising this game and how few downloads it has this year (5k i think) but I am not sure if anyone payed attention to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    Do you guys have any plans on enhancing the quality of life for New players who join this game?

It'll have a huge impact on sales & activity if new players are hooked to this game and having fun.

New players are the future of this game. More revenue and populated area's. You guys should focus on more content to supply new legends joining us.

It really does make me feel sorry for New players who barely have anything sufficient for their toon's development. They just give up in the end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Why not add super easy achievements for beginners, with bound vanities/pets? It'll really motivate new players in the long run.

2. Why not bound XP chests from achievements for new players? Samples have strong impact on costumers.

3. Why not make a special event in kraken mines that drops eggs and reborn watch lockeds [Mythic] versions in Kraken mines as a special event?

4. Or add a locked that ONLY drops in kraken mines? Even i myself in endgame, don't find many options to make gold. Hard to enjoy with no goals.

5. Why not advertise the game on social media? i always see super cheap candy crush clones being promoted....

Take the risk. You guys might make good profits.

Whenever i see a new player who has no clue what their doing, i can't help but to feel pity and jump in to give them a hand. I love giving free items and helping them with insanely hard maps for their journey, whenever i can. I know if a player is genuinely new and needs help when i see one.

It's so tedious for new players if you put yourselves in their shoes. Seriously.

I really suggest you guys should check this thread out, it will help a lot --> https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...edback-Request

So, please Remiem, answer us. Do you have any plans? Reply with anything, even if it's a reply with just 3 words.
    I do miss some kind of set to craft.
    Like glintstone set, was hard but cool to make it. Also the aura is pretty cool.
    If had another like that would make many to play. For aps, or for aura.

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando o Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

To reply to each of your ideas:

1: There already are super easy achievements. Every boss killed grants aps and early bosses go by super fast. There are also free pets and vanities via promo codes. I don’t think adding more of these is actually going to motivate people.

2. There is already ways to gain xp fast via quests and dailies. The problem with leveling up that I see is that it’s super easy to get from level 1 to about level 40, but then the amount of xp required becomes excessive. Also, maps that give xp become more difficult at this level, and since there’s nobody else running maps at this level, it makes it hard for people to level up. Imo, sts needs to severely cut the amount of xp needed to level up, as I feel the grind is a major turn off for many players.

3 and 4: This will not help new players. The reasoning being is that locked crates become worthless quite quickly as there is not enough people opening them as there are being looted. Check out marsh crates or any of the cheap event crate for proof. If new players want gold, the best way would be farm events, sell all the loot, and buy gl gear and farm esg or maus. Looting crates that cost 500 gold is not much help, especially if they don’t even loot one every run. Generally speaking, there’s reasons people are poor in game. Either they don’t put in the effort or they tend to spend their money poorly. I know people who are “poor” and will buy an event vanity the first day it comes out as opposed to waiting until the end of the event when that same vanity will be a fraction of the price. Saving gold as opposed to blowing it impulsively is a very important lesson to learn, and most of the “poor” community hasn't figures this out.

5: Advertising is expensive. My guess is sts has decided that the amount of money spent on advertising would most likely cost more than the amount that they would make from new players. In other words, there’s a good chance they lose money.

Another aspect that you did not mention is the lack of pvp. I feel that many players who play games like this want to play pvp, and when they see the failed state of pvp in this game, they give up. From the toxic community to the large gap that awakenings and gear prices have caused, pvp no longer exists in this game to a point that people don’t want to play. Creating a healthy pvp environment would be the biggest change devs need to make in this game, before focusing solely on newer players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Korabiv View Post
    To reply to each of your ideas:

1: There already are super easy achievements. Every boss killed grants aps and early bosses go by super fast. There are also free pets and vanities via promo codes. I don’t think adding more of these is actually going to motivate people.

2. There is already ways to gain xp fast via quests and dailies. The problem with leveling up that I see is that it’s super easy to get from level 1 to about level 40, but then the amount of xp required becomes excessive. Also, maps that give xp become more difficult at this level, and since there’s nobody else running maps at this level, it makes it hard for people to level up. Imo, sts needs to severely cut the amount of xp needed to level up, as I feel the grind is a major turn off for many players.

3 and 4: This will not help new players. The reasoning being is that locked crates become worthless quite quickly as there is not enough people opening them as there are being looted. Check out marsh crates or any of the cheap event crate for proof. If new players want gold, the best way would be farm events, sell all the loot, and buy gl gear and farm esg or maus. Looting crates that cost 500 gold is not much help, especially if they don’t even loot one every run. Generally speaking, there’s reasons people are poor in game. Either they don’t put in the effort or they tend to spend their money poorly. I know people who are “poor” and will buy an event vanity the first day it comes out as opposed to waiting until the end of the event when that same vanity will be a fraction of the price. Saving gold as opposed to blowing it impulsively is a very important lesson to learn, and most of the “poor” community hasn't figures this out.

5: Advertising is expensive. My guess is sts has decided that the amount of money spent on advertising would most likely cost more than the amount that they would make from new players. In other words, there’s a good chance they lose money.

Another aspect that you did not mention is the lack of pvp. I feel that many players who play games like this want to play pvp, and when they see the failed state of pvp in this game, they give up. From the toxic community to the large gap that awakenings and gear prices have caused, pvp no longer exists in this game to a point that people don’t want to play. Creating a healthy pvp environment would be the biggest change devs need to make in this game, before focusing solely on newer players.
    Good point's, but we need new changes, we can't stick with old outdated codes/achievements that new players have no clue of their existence.

1. New players barely know that the promo codes even exist & Don't know which ones are they. That's where the issue stands.

And also half the promo codes don't work, most of the rewards are extremely weak outdated items.

And new achievements that are easier then the elite achievements that give pets would really benefit the players. I doubt they will even survive elite mode if they're new. Or will even bother running them in the first place.

2. Sample's always have a strong impact on costumers, it makes them desire "More" of that product, it really is something magnificent and must be practiced frequently.

3 & 4. Everyone misses and loves kraken mines, it will will really help new players. And more options to make gold would be great, it'll welcome new players to be involved.

.Locked crates can actually have a steady flow of high value if the loot table of the locked's are very rewarding and hot.

Unlike marshland that unfortunately has outdated gears & items that can only be used in specific zones when there are gears like endless/tainted Lv71/66 available. And undesireable eggs. And no serious arcanes included.

Better if new lockeds have large & massive alternatives to craft/loot this time, marshland crates lack so many things. It just feels undesirable and lacking when you see it's loot table.

5. Yes, the advertisement plans is all up to the developers.

And i honestly don't know what can be done about PvP, give it zones with forced gear & no awakenings. But hey, we've suggested that many times, still waiting for a reveal...i guess.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 05-07-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhysaa View Post
    I do miss some kind of set to craft.
    Like glintstone set, was hard but cool to make it. Also the aura is pretty cool.
    If had another like that would make many to play. For aps, or for aura.

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando o Tapatalk
    I agree, we need more powerful gears to craft. It's a fun process with a goal. It give's you something to aim for.

We need more gear crafting quest lines.

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey there! Thanks a lot for the suggestions here, and for the feedback from everyone who has commented so far. As far as the question of if we're doing anything specific for new players only, there aren't any plans like the ones you mentioned for now. Currently our focus is on creating engaging content that is great for anyone, regardless of level or how long they've been playing the game. Events, gear and bosses that scale with level, for example.

You captured something really special, though, when you said:

"Whenever i see a new player who has no clue what their doing, i can't help but to feel pity and jump in to give them a hand. I love giving free items and helping them with insanely hard maps for their journey, whenever i can. I know if a player is genuinely new and needs help when i see one."
    That is the spirit of our community right there. People that will see a new player and bring them into the fold in whatever way they can. As an MMO ages it does get harder for new players, definitely. It can feel overwhelming to get caught up, but with awesome community members like you who help them out, who come to the forums to write guides and make suggestions for gear and builds, that's what new players will keep coming back for.

So, I'll definitely pass these suggestions along, but keep doing what you're doing in helping the newbies. <3 It makes all the difference.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey there! Thanks a lot for the suggestions here, and for the feedback from everyone who has commented so far. As far as the question of if we're doing anything specific for new players only, there aren't any plans like the ones you mentioned for now. Currently our focus is on creating engaging content that is great for anyone, regardless of level or how long they've been playing the game. Events, gear and bosses that scale with level, for example.

That is the spirit of our community right there. People that will see a new player and bring them into the fold in whatever way they can. As an MMO ages it does get harder for new players, definitely. It can feel overwhelming to get caught up, but with awesome community members like you who help them out, who come to the forums to write guides and make suggestions for gear and builds, that's what new players will keep coming back for.

So, I'll definitely pass these suggestions along, but keep doing what you're doing in helping the newbies. <3 It makes all the difference.
    Thank you Remiem, it really means a lot to me <3

And i wish the best of luck to you guys! I am rooting for you all so much!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

There are already super easy achievements for new players. They already level way too fast, so fast they do not know what is going on when they hit Nordr, Shuyal and Tindirin. If anything, they level much too fast and do not learn anything about strategy when they are confronted with strategy-based bosses. However, everyone seems to want to level even faster with no challenges. Maybe option is buying xp kits right outside each zone (Ydra, Nordr, Shuyal, etc) for plat so they can just level beyond the level the of the zone and then they can overpower through each zone like they want to.

Maybe some more hints during the early game, that they have to read before leveling.

Some bound eggs might be good, since events have been moving away from lower levels. At one time, low levels could easily do events, so it was fun to get event items, but that is generally no longer the case. So giving a cute bound egg or two will show players better where to get pets. Perhaps a series of quests, like the Beastmaster series, would be good.

A bound quest vanity would also be cool. Maybe one obtained via another series of low level or mid level quests.

Adding crate drops to Kraken would just mean all the current players who do not want to move on will just be stuck in Kraken. They could just as easily just stay in swamp and chancel, where they are now.

Also advise to those who help level people (gj, btw, on part 1, i.e. leveling). Now help them complete the level, i.e. you cannot level and have no equips. So if you really want to help people level, you also have to give them level appropriate equips. Then yes, you are finally helping them level. Good job!

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

I've seen new players asking for help on how to play, usually in Travellers and it's not begging. They genuinely don't know how to get a trader's permit or, in some cases, don't even understand the chat system.
    I remember when I first started out and chatted in open chat for a whole day before someone explained how to pm. I was lucky to get invited to a very helpful guild straight away. That was a long time ago and things were less complicated then.
    Fyrce is right, they have Ydra, Dead City, Kraken, Nordr and Shuyal all in around an hour nowadays, something that took us a lot longer. Time and time again I've had to take a bunch of new players through all the quests and it can be very stressful. For instance, making sure they do all the side quests..Nordr has quite a few.
    Someone had a good suggestion on the thread I made about new players. Forgive me for forgetting your name by the way. They suggested a short cut to the forum where they can read a guide or ask here for advice. Most new players don't know how to get on here you see.
    Thanks and take care. 🙂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post

yes I really agree with your opinion remiem, here we talk about concern but I prefer when dev gives useful equipment for level 56-66 to make equipment to be non tradable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

This game is an amazing game. Absolutely amazing, there isn't a game that can parallel to it on mobile. I dedicate at least an hour each day to wait in windmoore for people and party up 4 or 3 newbies. There are several new players a day that have never played, and I'll spend that hour or more running with them to get them going answering questions. The only thing is that's time consuming and there are so many people with so many questions especially those that are newish and level 50-60 that have more of an understanding than the new newbies. I can't answer all the questions, and some people just won't answer questions for them either, and not everyone knows about the forums. I like the changes you guys are making, but I still feel new players need more. I don't know if you guys are considering it but we should give back the permit upon joining cause it helps them to get a feel for the game when they have more features, and to flame's aps for pets and whatever suggestion a definite +1. It's all too easy to get scammed early on, and hard to know what pet to get when you have so little gold, and frankly August or Barney won't cut it at all. I don't know, there's a lot we could do, and we definitely need to find a way to attract people to the game because honestly you can only really stumble across the game on accident or hear about it from friends. We'll see where this goes, and I like that you guys have communicated with us more, keep it up, and keep up the work in game; it's not in it's best shape but it's building up!

Sent from my Lenovo Intel Braswell Chromebook using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

totally agree with this but i dont think xp stuff gon be needed since leveling is alrd super easy hm

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post

I've never seen an advertisement for this game anywhere, and think more advertising is a great idea. As for getting new players, I tried this game a long time ago, I think I made it up to Jarl but quit out of boredom. At that time I found the starting storyline uninteresting and uninspiring. Only some years later did I try it again and come back and really liked it. I would agree the new player experience needs a bit of an overhaul, maybe give it an improved storyline at least until the player reaches the next town.
    Last edited by Deezey; 05-09-2019 at 02:34 AM.