Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bot users solution needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeoraseo View Post
    Your solution is quite draconian, why not report those bots with their screenshots? I personally don’t want my hard earned stat to be deleted just because of this LB crap.
    Im not an LB runners or pvp. As does so many other old players in this game. If you your stats resetted go ahead. But do not include us non LB players.
    Your stats wont get deleted. Its just another category called expansion kills, the original pve kills show on your profile, but they dont count for lb anymore.
    The reports dont get them banned most of the time, thats another issue.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 05-08-2019 at 11:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

+1 great idea

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    We already had a few threads about the makro farmers and leaderboard problems but I think the devs have not recognized the severity of the problem. I heard some saying sts is planning to change the kills on the top players lb to make it fair but since nothing has changed yet here are my thoughts.
    There not only bots playing hauntlet for pve kills, they were playing hydra with bots when gold was dropping, elite kraken to farm gold chests for arc hooks, graveyard the first mobs to make points, elite mauso to open first chests to loot gold and probably many more. There are even people in my friendlist who ive been reporting several times bc i can see they run hauntlet 24/7 but they are still here. We have this problem for years and still no solution has been found or made to make gameplay fair.

For top players lb I suggest to remove pve kills completely and introduce a new category called seasonal kills. Only kills in the actual expansion maps count and it gets a reset whenever theres a new expansion. In order to keep it bot free we need the new maps to be harder. The new random maps starting from graveyard already help a bit and i think most had fun playing those aswell.
    To avoid botters in lower maps for aps/gold you can make a menu screen which appears randomly after 30-60min of gameplay which just requests to type in something like a random number or to click on a button which appears on a random position on the screen. Its quite sad but I've not come to another solution. Something that doesnt affect a humans gameplay but cant be spotted by a bot. Im thinking about this "Im not a bot" boxes in some register tabs of websites.
    With the new expansion kills category old botters wont dominate the leaderboard anymore and with the screen future botters get spotted.
    Some might disagree that I write all this info on forums and that probably even more people will set up a makro now but in my opinion the problem can only be solved when a lot of players recognize the severity of the problem. Its not only for the few people that play for the top players leaderboard, it affects the overall economy and fairness of the game.
    PS: Its quite sad to see that u drop off leaderboard because some people literally spent an hour to program a bot to farm kills.

Sorry for grammar mistakes, english is not my native language >.< and again please... suggestions and improvements below.
    Ty for reading ~Qua
    You dont need 1hour, 5mins will do

ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 4m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠

Answer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Totally agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Still easy to for them I think.. They just have to make the bot write something in x, y position and it's done.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tankylikehulk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

We already had a few threads about the makro farmers and leaderboard problems but I think the devs have not recognized the severity of the problem. I heard some saying sts is planning to change the kills on the top players lb to make it fair but since nothing has changed yet here are my thoughts.
    There not only bots playing hauntlet for pve kills, they were playing hydra with bots when gold was dropping, elite kraken to farm gold chests for arc hooks, graveyard the first mobs to make points, elite mauso to open first chests to loot gold and probably many more. There are even people in my friendlist who ive been reporting several times bc i can see they run hauntlet 24/7 but they are still here. We have this problem for years and still no solution has been found or made to make gameplay fair.

For top players lb I suggest to remove pve kills completely and introduce a new category called seasonal kills. Only kills in the actual expansion maps count and it gets a reset whenever theres a new expansion. In order to keep it bot free we need the new maps to be harder. The new random maps starting from graveyard already help a bit and i think most had fun playing those aswell.
    To avoid botters in lower maps for aps/gold you can make a menu screen which appears randomly after 30-60min of gameplay which just requests to type in something like a random number or to click on a button which appears on a random position on the screen. Its quite sad but I've not come to another solution. Something that doesnt affect a humans gameplay but cant be spotted by a bot. Im thinking about this "Im not a bot" boxes in some register tabs of websites.
    With the new expansion kills category old botters wont dominate the leaderboard anymore and with the screen future botters get spotted.
    Some might disagree that I write all this info on forums and that probably even more people will set up a makro now but in my opinion the problem can only be solved when a lot of players recognize the severity of the problem. Its not only for the few people that play for the top players leaderboard, it affects the overall economy and fairness of the game.
    PS: Its quite sad to see that u drop off leaderboard because some people literally spent an hour to program a bot to farm kills.

Sorry for grammar mistakes, english is not my native language >.< and again please... suggestions and improvements below.
    Ty for reading ~Qua
    Great Idea +1

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Badzauberer View Post
    just make a lot of achievment. its easy e.g. "earn 200 aps by avoiding 10 pve deaths this season". "earn 100 aps by spending 100m this season". "earn 50 aps by spending 10m on sirscamsalot". "earn 10 aps by awakening items". "earn 100 aps by reaching lb/plat tier in event". some aps are impossible for sone players to do it. so they need to choose which one they should go for and this will make lots of aps varieties in lb. not something like 30 000 aps all the way from no.1 to no.15. and even its doable by everyone they still need to choose which to do first cus there will be not enough time to do it all in 1 season which is 3 months now.
    Yep we need aps which are a lot harder. As u said that it is not possible for anyone to complete all aps in a season of a few months. +1

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

+1 to the idea. Its time STS change all their LB to have seasonal statistics. That is how it works in any other game, you dont get to keep your stats from last season, its a fresh start of competition every season.
    I don't even understand the point of season 13, every player on LB is going to hit max APs, there is no actual competition - season 12 LB players are going to get Season 13 LB rewards for free. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Yeah, I'm not about to always be clicking a button or typing something out to prove I'm playing the game lmao. That's just ridiculous. -1

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gridlock140 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlock140 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not about to always be clicking a button or typing something out to prove I'm playing the game lmao. That's just ridiculous. -1
    Its not about clicking anything all the time, its like the window u have to click when u play elite timed. Just not that its always the same, they can just change it. Still, I understand ur concern. This should only happen every few hours if u are playing the same maps solo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Ban the bots and end of story!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to anacebela For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

a menu screen which appears randomly after 30-60min of gameplay which just requests to type in something like a random number or to click on a button
    Many games do something similar, and its usually not a good idea. Online, persistent worlds like AL do invite the occasional abuse but the solution is not to annoy your players, your paying customers. The game is already having a hard enough time getting new players as it is.

Manually reporting the occasional bot seems sufficient, they could make it easier to do so with additional in-game tools.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

What sts should do that remove the hountler map pve counting! The pve counting should be only in highest map like in festong atm!! Im 99% sure that the problem will slaived with that and if u cash a bot just ban it!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anacebela View Post
    What sts should do that remove the hountler map pve counting! The pve counting should be only in highest map like in festong atm!! Im 99% sure that the problem will slaived with that and if u cash a bot just ban it!!!
    I would never agree with that. So you mean, "all pve kills will be de rogue." There has to be a map where everyone can manage to make their deaths, as Hauntlet already exists. just ban the bots and I think the problem will be solved, I do not know why the big discussion.

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando o Tapatalk
    "Victory without a fight is a triumph without glory"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uiss View Post
    I would never agree with that. So you mean, "all pve kills will be de rogue." There has to be a map where everyone can manage to make their deaths, as Hauntlet already exists. just ban the bots and I think the problem will be solved, I do not know why the big discussion.

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando o Tapatalk
    i dont see the bot problem is in making aps, hard to belive anyone can bot mausoleum, deep, flags or somthing eals... the bigest problem here is that pve farming on the bot afther all aps is done, in the hauntler. We are talking abaut pve kills! in my apinion war is perfect clean mobs at any map, we not talk abaut ''bossies'' where op roggue is op at boss! another resone that to bring counting pve kills only in highest map is that the deep is never louding because none1 hunt it ! so the main problem is the hountler pve counting! and the bots have to be ban, i dont belive anyone will make new and new and new bot accaunt afther he has get many time ban! afther many bans he will go abuse another game! amen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

i dont see the reason to switch the system if there is few rats whos using system wrong, just remove the rats off!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to anacebela For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

B
    Quote Originally Posted by Eatmyshred View Post
    Although you're on the right track, this wouldn't fix it.

Botting scripts are capable of being configured to follow exact key presses, along with delays and various positioning of the mouse itself.

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk
    yes so then surely there must be a program that can detect these automated movement scripts ? Also if pve kills are reset on lb’s every season wouldn’t that be a botters dream?
    Last edited by Anehazaz; 05-17-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Default Bot users solution needed

Just watch this video and it will give you an idea of what you are talking about stopping...

https://youtu.be/mGYU5t8MO7s

I would highly recommend not doing this at home. I grind hard for everything I have earned in this game and don't want to see this. But if you know how to code there is no real way to stop you from doing it...
    Last edited by Allset; 05-17-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anacebela View Post
    i dont see the reason to switch the system if there is few rats whos using system wrong, just remove the rats off!
    Ive been reporting people in my friendlist who use bots all day. I told friends to report them, i wrote emails about it back then but nothing changed and i still want the devs to take action. But it seems like its not clear enough to see who uses a bot and who doesnt. Im sitting here with all aps and over 1m kills, farmed in 6 years of hard work and trying to stay on the last spots on lb to keep getting the banners. Sounds quite sad, but thats my story behind the main post.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Its sad to see people who actually worked for their LB having a hard time while the botters go scot-free. In my opinion your suggestion might be useful if people only got their seasonal kills from the expansion maps. STS has tried to combat the botting system with new maps from Mausoleum expansion onwards but people still find a loophole to pass through. And I am sure they will again. Further I also dont want Hauntlet to be removed as a killing ground as Kraag tombs and watcher etc were already done so. In the future people wont be able to compete with old players no matter how many hours they put in. So we do need a map like hauntlet left. The only solution I see is to clamp down on the botters. Teach them that their way is not sustainable and no matter how they try, they ll lose all their work because the used an unfair means. And for this I also suggest a better reporting system. Where players can actually report properly why they want to report someone. I would have suggested a thread to make reports on botters but that will lead to more drama. Instead reporting where necessary and devs actually taking action on the reports can help the rest of us out. Old players, officers and even guild masters, who should be setting examples for other players resort to such unfair means. And it really depresses people who put their years of hard work into the game.