Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bot users solution needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Exclamation Bot users solution needed

We already had a few threads about the makro farmers and leaderboard problems but I think the devs have not recognized the severity of the problem. I heard some saying sts is planning to change the kills on the top players lb to make it fair but since nothing has changed yet here are my thoughts.
    There not only bots playing hauntlet for pve kills, they were playing hydra with bots when gold was dropping, elite kraken to farm gold chests for arc hooks, graveyard the first mobs to make points, elite mauso to open first chests to loot gold and probably many more. There are even people in my friendlist who ive been reporting several times bc i can see they run hauntlet 24/7 but they are still here. We have this problem for years and still no solution has been found or made to make gameplay fair.

For top players lb I suggest to remove pve kills completely and introduce a new category called seasonal kills. Only kills in the actual expansion maps count and it gets a reset whenever theres a new expansion. In order to keep it bot free we need the new maps to be harder. The new random maps starting from graveyard already help a bit and i think most had fun playing those aswell.
    To avoid botters in lower maps for aps/gold you can make a menu screen which appears randomly after 30-60min of gameplay which just requests to type in something like a random number or to click on a button which appears on a random position on the screen. Its quite sad but I've not come to another solution. Something that doesnt affect a humans gameplay but cant be spotted by a bot. Im thinking about this "Im not a bot" boxes in some register tabs of websites.
    With the new expansion kills category old botters wont dominate the leaderboard anymore and with the screen future botters get spotted.
    Some might disagree that I write all this info on forums and that probably even more people will set up a makro now but in my opinion the problem can only be solved when a lot of players recognize the severity of the problem. Its not only for the few people that play for the top players leaderboard, it affects the overall economy and fairness of the game.
    PS: Its quite sad to see that u drop off leaderboard because some people literally spent an hour to program a bot to farm kills.

Sorry for grammar mistakes, english is not my native language >.< and again please... suggestions and improvements below.
    Ty for reading ~Qua

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    We already had a few threads about the makro farmers and leaderboard problems but I think the devs have not recognized the severity of the problem. I heard some saying sts is planning to change the kills on the top players lb to make it fair but since nothing has changed yet here are my thoughts.
    There not only bots playing hauntlet for pve kills, they were playing hydra with bots when gold was dropping, elite kraken to farm gold chests for arc hooks, graveyard the first mobs to make points, elite mauso to open first chests to loot gold and probably many more. There are even people in my friendlist who ive been reporting several times bc i can see they run hauntlet 24/7 but they are still here. We have this problem for years and still no solution has been found or made to make gameplay fair.

For top players lb I suggest to remove pve kills completely and introduce a new category called seasonal kills. Only kills in the actual expansion maps count and it gets a reset whenever theres a new expansion. In order to keep it bot free we need the new maps to be harder. The new random maps starting from graveyard already help a bit and i think most had fun playing those aswell.
    To avoid botters in lower maps for aps/gold you can make a menu screen which appears randomly after 30-60min of gameplay which just requests to type in something like a random number or to click on a button which appears on a random position on the screen. Its quite sad but I've not come to another solution. Something that doesnt affect a humans gameplay but cant be spotted by a bot. Im thinking about this "Im not a bot" boxes in some register tabs of websites.
    With the new expansion kills category old botters wont dominate the leaderboard anymore and with the screen future botters get spotted.
    Some might disagree that I write all this info on forums and that probably even more people will set up a makro now but in my opinion the problem can only be solved when a lot of players recognize the severity of the problem. Its not only for the few people that play for the top players leaderboard, it affects the overall economy and fairness of the game.
    PS: Its quite sad to see that u drop off leaderboard because some people literally spent an hour to program a bot to farm kills.

Sorry for grammar mistakes, english is not my native language >.< and again please... suggestions and improvements below.
    Ty for reading ~Qua
    +1
    + Planar Arena Makros Farmers

AL: Moscu
    AL - Guild Letal Sharks: Officer

Moscu: (Warrior - Endgame - Main) | Hextcp: (PvP) |DISCORD: Moscu#3706

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

~ +1 Bro, I totally agree with you, this has already hurt a lot of people. I hope that sts end point on this subject and correct this problem. This game is so wonderful, but you can not compete with bots. Ty

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando o Tapatalk
    Last edited by Uiss; 05-07-2019 at 03:08 PM.
    "Victory without a fight is a triumph without glory"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

+1, but it would need to be fool proof, i wouldnt want multiple people falsely banned because they are able to farm things more than the average player. 100% proof would need to be shown that they are macro using or botting. More than just seeing them run something for a long time. I was actually able to run 1,000 arena chests when i came back to al. It took 5 days, all done and it was grueling. I would love to see the cheaters and macro users banned to make the leaderboard even out.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moscu View Post
    +1
    + Planar Arena Makros Farmers

AL: Moscu
    Ye, has many in planar, pretty annoying cuz mostly just stand in there.

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando o Tapatalk

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mhysaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G950F folosind Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Ty for reading ~Qua
    Lovely ideas, they are very much needed.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

I like the seasonal kills counter but I wouldn't want all the kills to just disappear every season especially for us non lb runner folks. It shows my nab hard work over these years >_< ;p
    So a work around to that would be to have an overall pve kills counter and a seasonal one. The seasonal counter gets cleaned off every season no doubt but the pve kills gets added to the overall counter every season. And only the seasonal pve kills refelects on the lb. Tho this wouldn't solve the botting issue.

Pop up menus wont sit well with most people tbh. Be it lb runners or general players. Browser pop-ups are a pain enough.

Another idea would be for qualifying based on date and time of achieving but that gives only the ones on lb atm a huge major head start. Not fair at all to a new player.

A solution to tie-breaking on lb is definetly needed but bots in general is whats the major issue. I think the devs need to start being more vigilant on especially lb runners. Because so far theres so many reported but still exist botting away.
    meep meep

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaprisha For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I totally support it, mostly by removing the killings as a tiebreaker on LB, but I hope it does not remove the deaths on the Hauntlet, just like they did on Tombs.

PS: I'm not fluent in English, I hope you understand.

Enviado de meu SM-G570M usando o Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WiiCarlim For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

+1 to this and/or put auto kick timed when logged too much for 4-8 hrs, ty

no offense to those people who are no work

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shaomau; 05-07-2019 at 05:42 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to shaomau For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I encountered a bot farmer in planar arena yesterday (not gonna mention any names).
    He was obviously afk and it was just his character running around. I messaged him through the post stamps about how unfair it is for others that you just let you computer run overnight and loot get everything others have to work for. He just replied with "idgaf bro I make 10k tokens in a day lmao"

Sad people

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Easiest solution is having more skills which interact with other skills to be more effective, and each group of random mobs may require different skill interactions to beat.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azedz View Post
    Easiest solution is having more skills which interact with other skills to be more effective, and each group of random mobs may require different skill interactions to beat.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Although you're on the right track, this wouldn't fix it.

Botting scripts are capable of being configured to follow exact key presses, along with delays and various positioning of the mouse itself.

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

+1 great idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

They could also send a system test message after some 1 runs the same thing for over an hour. Like knock knock anybody home? If no reply DC them...

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Allset For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Can we please address the rampant pvp bot farming that is done by almost all the top lb players and the impossible ctf flag capture achievement that requires you to cheat as in ask your friends to open a ctf room and free flag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jazaajaba View Post
    Can we please address the rampant pvp bot farming that is done by almost all the top lb players and the impossible ctf flag capture achievement that requires you to cheat as in ask your friends to open a ctf room and free flag.
    Dummy farming is something different. Theres no computer program involved and should be treated differently. When pvp lbs were removed cinco confirmed that its not against ToS anymore but an embarrassment for the player himself. However remiem recently said it is banable but thats another story/discussion.
    This thread is for players who use a makro, a computer program to run a map over and over again 24/7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Ty for reading ~Qua
    It's all good bro, it was good english. +1

Sent from my Lenovo Intel Braswell Chromebook using Tapatalk

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Shocan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Dummy farming is something different. Theres no computer program involved and should be treated differently. When pvp lbs were removed cinco confirmed that its not against ToS anymore but an embarrassment for the player himself. However remiem recently said it is banable but thats another story/discussion.
    This thread is for players who use a makro, a computer program to run a map over and over again 24/7.
    Well they can still use macro to farm bots in PvP . Pve is a different issue that is easily solvable by making enemies appear in random clusters or location.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Your solution is quite draconian, why not report those bots with their screenshots? I personally don’t want my hard earned stat to be deleted just because of this LB crap.
    Im not an LB runners or pvp. As does so many other old players in this game. If you your stats resetted go ahead. But do not include us non LB players.
    Last edited by Jeoraseo; 05-08-2019 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Correction
    Lvl 16 rogue, lvl 71 rogue IGN jackyhorse