Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bot users solution needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

@People who are saying botters/cheaters/exploiters should be banned should realize that if STS had the technology to catch them then they would have done it by now. This is why we are stressing on the ways of prevention.

Most of the botting happens on low level map for APs and hauntlet for pve kills. Deep marsh and maus is hard to bot because the maps are random and hard in difficulty. So the solution we are discussing is:
    1) Replace the Total PVE kills parameter from LB with a new parameter called Seasonal PVE kills which will only be available from the same level maps or new expansion maps.
    2) The Seasonal PVE kills will reset every season so there is a competition every season. This will also keep the expansion maps alive.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenny McCormick For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    @People who are saying botters/cheaters/exploiters should be banned should realize that if STS had the technology to catch them then they would have done it by now. This is why we are stressing on the ways of prevention.

Most of the botting happens on low level map for APs and hauntlet for pve kills. Deep marsh and maus is hard to bot because the maps are random and hard in difficulty. So the solution we are discussing is:
    1) Replace the Total PVE kills parameter from LB with a new parameter called Seasonal PVE kills which will only be available from the same level maps or new expansion maps.
    2) The Seasonal PVE kills will reset every season so there is a competition every season. This will also keep the expansion maps alive.
    I agree with the seasonal pve, but it's not possible for warriors to compete with rogues doing the kill only on the map of the season or level. Do you understand me? I know that everyone could get their kills, but the superiority of the rogue is indisputable, it would be made much faster.

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando o Tapatalk
    "Victory without a fight is a triumph without glory"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Uiss For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

please explanation me how the hell the pve sesone reset will help vs bots? they will same way us bots in hountler like they did before and still have the same places in top like they did before...what will change?!? sesone pve reset feel like punishment for ppl like me who did the +1mil kills by hand in 6 years... remove the hountler pve counting, ban the bots and the problem will be solved.

i give full respect how sts solve the problem with the chat bots, which was big problem few months a go and i belive in sts they can solve that problem to!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anacebela View Post
    please explanation me how the hell the pve sesone reset will help vs bots? they will same way us bots in hountler like they did before and still have the same places in top like they did before...what will change?!? sesone pve reset feel like punishment for ppl like me who did the +1mil kills by hand in 6 years... remove the hountler pve counting, ban the bots and the problem will be solved.

i give full respect how sts solve the problem with the chat bots, which was big problem few months a go and i belive in sts they can solve that problem to!
    The seasonal pve kills only count in expansion maps. Maps thats cant run bots. Your kills still show up on your screen - they just dont count for lb. For you your kills might be an achievement but on a long term you will drop off lb too because no human can compete with a 24/7 playing bot.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 05-18-2019 at 03:56 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I am all for seasonal kills, but like i said botters will find a way through this too. Secondly the problem is more serious than just kills. The botters have used botting to finish the easy aps's. They use it to farm gold in esg. This way they have made their way to lb, while the rest still struggle. And furthermore they received the top player flags for multiple seasons already. Thus a permanent solution with their ban is needed. Put a seasonal kill lb into place idm; but till the threat isnt removed from the root, it will continue.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fightbeast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Sts can i have my donated moneys back and u can do whatever with the game. U can reset all game evry season or every day however. All can start with emty lvl 1 accaunt or whatever... i like to see stability where system works and bots not make the rules for other true players... 6 years hard work for nothing becouse few rats use system wrong... -100!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uiss View Post
    I agree with the seasonal pve, but it's not possible for warriors to compete with rogues doing the kill only on the map of the season or level. Do you understand me? I know that everyone could get their kills, but the superiority of the rogue is indisputable, it would be made much faster.

Isn't it the same for overall right now? And when it comes to top 25 of each class warriors will be competing against warriors not mage or rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Isn't it the same for overall right now? And when it comes to top 25 of each class warriors will be competing against warriors not mage or rogue.
    Competition is not just about class dispute. What about placements in the overall?
    This is already out of topic. I'm sure taking hauntlet is not the solution if there are macro to everything that is map, and I do not doubt that they can use the new map they suggest. As a friend here said, you have to cut the evil at the root or it will always grow.

Last edited by Uiss; 05-19-2019 at 07:42 AM.
    "Victory without a fight is a triumph without glory"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Uiss For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Competition is not just about class dispute. What about placements in the overall?
    This is already out of topic. I'm sure taking hauntlet is not the solution if there are macro to everything that is map, and I do not doubt that they can use the new map they suggest. As a friend here said, you have to cut the evil at the root or it will always grow.

Yes, if your concern is that warrior are not able to make their standing on Overall because its hard for them to farm kills then that is a different topic all together.

We are not saying removing kills from hauntlet and making them available only on same level maps/ expansion maps will stop botting altogether. But it will make things hard for them.
    Same leave/expansion maps are hard and random, like m5/6 and swamp/deep marsh; So possibility of someone farming kills solo or botting to get benefit is lower than hauntlet. And because players will prefer party on these maps warriors will have a chance to get almost same number of kills as other classes.

As I said before if STS had the technology to catch and ban the botters and cheaters then half of the LB would have been banned by now. I would be very happy if they develop that technology to get rid of all those players but until then we are just requesting them to look into alternate solutions.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenny McCormick For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    We already had a few threads about the makro farmers and leaderboard problems but I think the devs have not recognized the severity of the problem. I heard some saying sts is planning to change the kills on the top players lb to make it fair but since nothing has changed yet here are my thoughts.
    There not only bots playing hauntlet for pve kills, they were playing hydra with bots when gold was dropping, elite kraken to farm gold chests for arc hooks, graveyard the first mobs to make points, elite mauso to open first chests to loot gold and probably many more. There are even people in my friendlist who ive been reporting several times bc i can see they run hauntlet 24/7 but they are still here. We have this problem for years and still no solution has been found or made to make gameplay fair.

For top players lb I suggest to remove pve kills completely and introduce a new category called seasonal kills. Only kills in the actual expansion maps count and it gets a reset whenever theres a new expansion. In order to keep it bot free we need the new maps to be harder. The new random maps starting from graveyard already help a bit and i think most had fun playing those aswell.
    To avoid botters in lower maps for aps/gold you can make a menu screen which appears randomly after 30-60min of gameplay which just requests to type in something like a random number or to click on a button which appears on a random position on the screen. Its quite sad but I've not come to another solution. Something that doesnt affect a humans gameplay but cant be spotted by a bot. Im thinking about this "Im not a bot" boxes in some register tabs of websites.
    With the new expansion kills category old botters wont dominate the leaderboard anymore and with the screen future botters get spotted.
    Some might disagree that I write all this info on forums and that probably even more people will set up a makro now but in my opinion the problem can only be solved when a lot of players recognize the severity of the problem. Its not only for the few people that play for the top players leaderboard, it affects the overall economy and fairness of the game.
    PS: Its quite sad to see that u drop off leaderboard because some people literally spent an hour to program a bot to farm kills.

Sorry for grammar mistakes, english is not my native language >.< and again please... suggestions and improvements below.
    Ty for reading ~Qua

Another idea for Lb, is separating by account age. Example, launch of AL to Dec 31,2013- Jan 1st 2014 thru Dec. 31,2015... so on and so forth. This may give new players, and returning players, more incentive to set AP oriented goals.
    Avy
    12-2012

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

absolutely we need to find a way to slow or destroy macro use

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Another idea for Lb, is separating by account age. Example, launch of AL to Dec 31,2013- Jan 1st 2014 thru Dec. 31,2015... so on and so forth. This may give new players, and returning players, more incentive to set AP oriented goals.
    So are the oldest people on top? That means new people have no chance. If new people are on top veterans have no chance. Imo we need something that everybody can obtain with his account whenever he wants, even if its hard work (and that can not be cheated by using a bot). I also thought abought who has most pets, but thats just p2w. Best solution imo is still the expansion kills or a ranking like the guild rank where everything has an influence: Age of the account, pvp kills, amount of pets, recent activity etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Simple solution to this is make it so when a team is playing together in higher mauso for example all players in range that are doing damage to mobs get the kills no matter who does the killing blow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

In my opinion it's only the veterans who are on lb that complain about botters because they don't want to compete against each other (literally the whole reason of a leaderboard). I find it honestly impossible to bot flags, which, by the way, VETERANS botted the flags back in 2013 when chrome had the glitch where you could flag unlimited amount of times and get 10k flags ap in under 3 days so I don't wanna hear that. Also mausoleums aps are hard to bot as the maps are different and actually take take/skill to do. I'm not saying everyone bots, but 90% of the veterans on the leaderboard botted to get to that spot in the first place, hence destroying the whole leaderboard in general. People who have the ridiculous amount of kills are the ones who bragged about using Sam in camp boulder/planar arena in the earlier days of the game when they counted as kills, yes, BRAGGED. I can literally name 5 people off the top of my head who are still on that leaderboard who did that, including a warrior who just came back to the game from years of not playing and magically got the aps needed to be in the top 5. So look at the players who are already on there, because most of those players don't even deserve it, I don't care how long they've been playing. The exploits in earlier seasons gave them the advantage, when new players don't have that and cannot even make it close to being even rank 25 of any class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlock140 View Post
    In my opinion it's only the veterans who are on lb that complain about botters because they don't want to compete against each other (literally the whole reason of a leaderboard). I find it honestly impossible to bot flags, which, by the way, VETERANS botted the flags back in 2013 when chrome had the glitch where you could flag unlimited amount of times and get 10k flags ap in under 3 days so I don't wanna hear that. Also mausoleums aps are hard to bot as the maps are different and actually take take/skill to do. I'm not saying everyone bots, but 90% of the veterans on the leaderboard botted to get to that spot in the first place, hence destroying the whole leaderboard in general. People who have the ridiculous amount of kills are the ones who bragged about using Sam in camp boulder/planar arena in the earlier days of the game when they counted as kills, yes, BRAGGED. I can literally name 5 people off the top of my head who are still on that leaderboard who did that, including a warrior who just came back to the game from years of not playing and magically got the aps needed to be in the top 5. So look at the players who are already on there, because most of those players don't even deserve it, I don't care how long they've been playing. The exploits in earlier seasons gave them the advantage, when new players don't have that and cannot even make it close to being even rank 25 of any class.
    the aps aren't the problem, most people on lb already have all of them, the problem is the pve kills tie-breaking system. people are botting their pve kills, not their aps. something about that could be done by sts very easily, for example qua's suggestion. it's senseless to compete against bots, since they don't have anything else to do, no matter whether veteran or not.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Pxoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Edit: As Pxoo said earlier^^
    The problem on lb are the pve kills. I made my aps end of 2017, early 2018 and if u keep playing its not that hard. The flags are easy with speed set and speed awaken, maus bosses are easy if u have a team that skips everything. Everything else can be done even faster. It just takes some time all together.
    Its not only about the lb, its about the makro users in all maps. Many use it to farm gold, most famous probably the bots in hydra when it dropped gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pxoo View Post
    the aps aren't the problem, most people on lb already have all of them, the problem is the pve kills tie-breaking system. people are botting their pve kills, not their aps. something about that could be done by sts very easily, for example qua's suggestion. it's senseless to compete against bots, since they don't have anything else to do, no matter whether veteran or not.

He's also talking about how its unfair for other players to not get on the leaderboard in general.. hence my rant. So you're saying it's fine for the veteran to bot to get their rank, but it's not okay for them to bot to get kills to keep their rank?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    The problem on lb are the pve kills. I made my aps end of 2017, early 2018 and if u keep playing its not that hard. The flags are easy with speed set and speed awaken, maus bosses are easy if u have a team that skips everything. Everything else can be done even faster. It just takes some time all together.
    Its not only about the lb, its about the makro users in all maps. Many use it to farm gold, most famous probably the bots in hydra when it dropped gold.
    totally missed my point there. Also how can you bot esg when the bugs stun you? I'm confused about that one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

totally missed my point there. Also how can you bot esg when the bugs stun you? I'm confused about that one.
    people are botting hauntlet, not esg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

He's also talking about how its unfair for other players to not get on the leaderboard in general.. hence my rant. So you're saying it's fine for the veteran to bot to get their rank, but it's not okay for them to bot to get kills to keep their rank?
    you already said it, you can't bot flags or mauso, so you can't bot your aps, just the pve kills