Thread: Any new in-game systems coming? You want to see?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Any new in-game systems coming? You want to see?

As title, are there any in-game systems coming soon and in development? By systems I mean things like the CS, crafting, etc. game changers.

Some stuff that come to mind:

1. Reforging stats (very WoW, I know, but hey we're like WoW in your pocket no?)

2. In-depth PvP system. Eg. Rewards, points, ladder. These are in the forums, kinda hard to fully link in-game and forums though.

3. In depth PvE system. Similar to PvP, except the points you get are from campaign bosses. You can get titles based on these points, some vanity stuff, maybe some upgrades, etc.

4. Skills - by Humania everyone will have max skill points on all skills except one.

Those are the stuff off the top of my head. What are your ideas?
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 12-08-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by urquidez View Post
    I'd love to have new quests for a set
    Cyber set was awesome to do
    I agree! Although it was a bit tedious, I did like that quest series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

More skills, not just increase to a cap of lv10 etc. We want new stuff, since these skills are over a year old, am I right?

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

+1 for new "cyber" quests Besides being motivating they could make up for that you can't farm your end level gear while leveling anymore. So for example you start your cyber quest at level 61. While your normal drops are scaled the quest reward set will be a 65.

Another thing I'd like would be an extended crafting system. Right now you get an overall improvement when crafting. For example I'd like if recipe A would add dodge or recipe B would add crit. This way you could chose between focused crafted sets while the base sets could keep all around stats.
    I would love to have to pick between crafting an enchanted orlok set with high mana regen for my pally or an fortified orlok set with high health regen for my bear

And yeah of course I want a skill system do over - preferably skill trees...
    Last edited by Ruby!!!; 12-08-2011 at 03:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Craftable weapon procs

I.e. A bleeding proc which does small damage over time, lighting (yes it and other elemental procs are already present in game but they aren't craftable into weapons/armor), etc.

-------AEO-------

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Are you kidding, OMG, there's so much content PL is lacking I don't even know where to start...

Ok, here's my top 10 things PL should do in the future, in no particular order:

1. XP System. Fix it!!! It's too linear. Degree of difficulty is not taken into account, metaphorically, killing a bear gets the same credit as killing a cute puppy. There are no diversities as far as in-game xp acquisition such as Solo XP bonuses. I already posted an essay regarding this issue and even posted a simulation, definitely, this one needs to be polished...A LOT!

2. Transcended Classes (2nd jobs). This one is pretty much a proven formula in MMO when if your toon reaches a certain level, that particular toon can choose a new and improved class with new skills and statistics, for instance, if a bear reaches level 70, he can choose between Grizzly Bear or Bigfoot Bear (I just invented that one), Grizzly Bear specializes on offense, while Bigfoot Bear specialize on defense, something to that effect.

3. Replace CS with personalized Merchant system. If anyone has ever played Ragnarok Online, then you will have an idea what I'm talking about. Basically, an entire city -Prontera- (huge city) is big market where players can go on "merching mode", you'll be just like an NPC, if a players clicks on your character, he/she will see what you're selling and can buy outright from your list of sold items (no need to talk). This way, you can actually merch ANYWHERE IN THE MAP and not go back to same spot over and over again just to check on your sale. It's so annoying trying to go back there just to check my sale when you can just be a merchant yourself and put up your own store (this system worked for many MMO's). Have you noticed how inflation in PL is? That's because of the CS system, if the real world is based on CS, OMG, our economy as we know would cease to exist. The element of mystery and perception is removed, therefore, not realistic. It's matter of your item being on top of another similar item, that's about it. Merching involves negotiations and positioning just like in the real world. In the real world, you have to look for cheap prices not all items are in one place, therefore, you have your malls, you have your black market, those kind of things, again, too linear, allow personalized merching, and you'll see more balance in pricing.

3. Item Upgrade. Forging is OK, but upgrading your items will add "diversity in this game". In other MMO's, they usually put + as suffix to indicate the level of upgrade each weapon has gone through. Here is an example, say you have L65 Lilith Chiroptera Cowl, you can upgrade it from +1 to +8, however, you will risk it because that item has a chance to break during upgrade and lose that item forever. This way, people will actually be sporting diverse stats.

4. Increase the capacity of each instance. I mean, I seriously can't feel that there millions of people playing this game, because of that there's a hint of sadness, I see the same players over and over again. I'd like to see 50,70,80 people in one area, that would be chaotic but that's the point, MMO's are supposed to be trying to make you feel like you're in whole new "world", but not much of a world where you only see 20 people...I don't feel so festive at all, it's like, we're minorities, I know these are sever limitations, but the thread asks for what I "want", so... For those who hasn't experience this, trust me, it's a game changer.

5. FFA PVP Rooms. I'm not sure why pvp arenas are designed to be 3v3 or 5v5, players can arrange that to themselves. I want to see a PVP room where about 30 people can enter and just have the option to "party" so they don't friendly fire. Anyone who doesn't belong to your party will be hit by your attacks, that simple, why do they have to create 3v3 and 5v5, it's such a limiting system and BORING!!! OMG! PVP is supposed to be an arena not a chatroom or chillout spot.

6. Guild War System. Honestly, guilds don't make much sense in PL. So what if I'm not in a guild? In other MMO's, if you're not in their guild, they will party together in a PVP dungeon (about 50 people can be there at once) and just kill everyone who's not their guildmates which makes you want to join other guilds so you'll get that protection in a PVP room. Anyway, going back to this number's point, Guild wars!!! Not CTF. A classic guild war system: Twice a week every 3:00pm4:00pm pacific time, there are 10 castles opened to be invaded and each Castle is being guarded by guilds who invaded it last time. The job of the 10 guilds who run the castle is to protect their castle's jewel hidden deep in their castle, the defending guilds have 30 minutes to prepare prior to 3:00pm (set up traps etc. and position meat shields like those sturdy knight classes), once 3:00pm hits, ALL guilds can rush into the castle and try to get to the core of the castle and destroy the jewel, whoever destroys the jewel first, wins the castle. It's such a WAR!!! CHAOS and fun! NOw here is where it gets juicy, if a guild can guard their castle for 4 consecutive guild wars, that particular guild gets prizes such as rare items and gold, not bad eh? Anyway, not saying do that, but just do a guild war system.

7. Male and Female gender option (Remove gender lock). Seriously, no need to explain this.

8. GUILD ICONS. I mean all icons look the same, they should enlarge it like as big as a toon's head or something so people can recognize your guild without actually reading the name. During PVP's and Guild wars, you don't read every people's guild name...that's absurd, you just look at their icons and know if they're enemy or ally.

9. Marriage, Brotherhood, and/or Bestfriend System. This will allow bonuses if the two parties are in same instance at same time such as bonus HP, and MP, or quicker movement. Pretty cool system, plus, it makes virtual relationships more useful. This system shines when two GUILDMASTERS become official brothers, during PVP and Guild wars, everyone who belongs in those two guilds (if they are in the same instance), will acquire bonuses. This system has so much in-game potential.

10. Summoning. I like the idea of Pets, it's cute, but they're worthless in-game. I've been an MMO player my entire life and I've never been a fan of vanity items unless they actually have a bonus stat. Now, Summoning skill is open to all classes right, however, you can only choose one out of many creatures you can summon (maybe 100+ different creatures). For instance, the mechanic goes like this, you buy a summon for 50 platinum, called Ifrit. So your summon Ifrit is only available every 5 minutes. When you summon it, it will be an actual monster that is powerful and has AI for 30 seconds, something like that. Even if you don't actually summon ifrit, you will emit a blazing aura in your arm to indicate the element of your summon (cool right?). In addition, each summon has an element bonus, in this case, fire element (you can have fire,air,water,earth,dark, or ultima). Can't be used in PVP.

I can think of many more things based on my experience in MMO's, but like I said in the beginning, this is my top 10...I didn't even mention stuff like art designs and quests because I think those can be addressed later on, but these, IMO, will change PL forever. Thanks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

@Ruby and Necro

I like those ideas, they seem much simpler than reforging - just addons to the current crafting system

@Zeus

Wonderful ideas! I think everyone into MMOs has at least heard of RO

For the upgrading part, that's been shot down before. I was a strong believer in this system as well, until Cinco pointed out why he didn't want it in. He didn't want to introduce that feeling of failure when your equipment broke - understandable, but would disprove the whole upgrading system in the first place since failing is part of it.

For the more players, I hope it's possible, but I'd have to yield to the mobile and 3G limitations if ever.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 12-08-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I have heard rumors about Oyster class.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    Are you kidding, OMG, there's so much content PL is lacking I don't even know where to start...
    I have never played any MMO except PL and I consider myself a casual tho excessive PL gamer. I don't know if many players would appreciate making a more "MMO-y" game out of PL as many play it cause it is casual gaming. So from my MMO noob perspective:

1. I like that scaled xp all over the game idea. I wouldn't want any solo bonus tho as that is nothing I would encourage - don't need an online game to play alone...
    2. I don't really understand this one. Isn't it like a skill respec and a vanity face now?
    3. I wouldn't wanna spend my gaming time running from merch to merch to see who is selling what. Maybe that could be an addition so that lazy players like me still just buy in cs.
    the other 3. I don't like that my stuff could break There already are two dimensions (scaled level, crafting) for gear maybe it is enough to improve those instead of adding a third?
    4. A big yes for towns and gh! For maps it would be a pain to wait til a pug is full. Or having to coordinate a 20 ppl guild run...
    5. Idc about pvp but that sure would be a great swear and mute fest!
    6. If it involves a schedule it's not for me. I play PL when I want to and not when I have to.
    7. I really think this is only a problem for guys playing mages as you can make bears and birds look very girly
    8. Customized guild icons would be great! But I see too that on a tiny phone screen a big icon isn't something you want. And as it is a phone game only seeing the guild name as text is ok too imo.
    9. *enters Balefort* "Accept my friend request!" "Accept my sister request!" "Accept my wife request!" Does sound like fun and could make for some juicy drama. I like that idea!
    10. Nice idea! I already trained my bats to distract bosses by flying backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    You already can play the oyster closed beta when you... Eh I better tell you in game ok?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby!!! For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby!!! View Post
    2. I don't really understand this one. Isn't it like a skill respec and a vanity face now?
    Scenario:
    From level 1 to level 69 you have your current bear class right (as in the current bear with all its skills and stats), and then when you reach level 70 you will visit an NPC where you have a chance to "transcend" jobs or change classes which is a mutation of your bear, as I said, either Grizzly Bear or Bigfoot Bear. Now, let's assume you chose to be a Grizzly Bear, tada, all of a sudden you look bigger badder and has red scary eyes oooooooo (LOL). You keep your old statistics when you were still a bear (beckon,stomp, etc) but now, as Grizzly Bear, you get to learn NEW SKILLS that are specialized to being a Grizzly Bear such as maybe Universal Stun, or Paralyze, I dunno...Not only that, you can equip new ITEMS that are specific to being a Grizzly Bear, it's like an upgraded class of your bear, that's it, not respec. It's called trascended class system.

For the part where you said you have to wait for PUG to be full, I'm sorry I wasn't able to get into details further, I was suggesting a "party" system instead to form groups. So let's say you're all 50 in a map, you can invite people to be part of your party which is a max of 5 (in PL), completing the 5 member group completes your PUG, yay, we can now do our runs together with 20 other parties of 5. Your next question would be, so many players in an instance, leeches omg, sorry again, I forgot to elaborate, a system called minimum-damage-xp is required to get this to work, for instance, you need to inflict at least 10% of a mob's total life to get a share of xp, gold, and loot. Like I said, I'm not sure why STS limited the instance to 5 (in PVE) or 3v3 (PVP) because players themselves can group together and do it themselves, instead, they spoon feed us and did it for us which, consequently, removes the feeling of actually being in a population...you feel so lonely, trust me, you're missing a lot on that aspect, it's a whole new world, it's like they put permanent support wheels on your bicycle. XD Other than that, I respect your opinion. Just shared anyway some of mine. Thanks.

PS: Gender has equipments specific to them, for instance, girl mages equips' are more squishy but has higher INT, male equips have more HP, but less INT. Something like that, it's a game changer in a sense that gender alone (aside from different classes) already adds diversity, not only the "look".
    Last edited by zeusabe; 12-08-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Ah ok now I get it That would have to be really well balanced tho.

And for the bigger group part - maybe it's limited for technical reasons now? We have very weak client devices and slow connections...

[...]girl mages [...] higher INT, male [...] less INT.[...]
    +1 Hehehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    My beta oyster is level 35 already and decked out in copperhead set.

Name:  IMG00476-20111004-1647.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  153.9 KB

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Scenario:
    From level 1 to level 69 you have your current bear class right (as in the current bear with all its skills and stats), and then when you reach level 70 you will visit an NPC where you have a chance to "transcend" jobs or change classes which is a mutation of your bear, as I said, either Grizzly Bear or Bigfoot Bear. Now, let's assume you chose to be a Grizzly Bear, tada, all of a sudden you look bigger badder and has red scary eyes oooooooo (LOL). You keep your old statistics when you were still a bear (beckon,stomp, etc) but now, as Grizzly Bear, you get to learn NEW SKILLS that are specialized to being a Grizzly Bear such as maybe Universal Stun, or Paralyze, I dunno...Not only that, you can equip new ITEMS that are specific to being a Grizzly Bear, it's like an upgraded class of your bear, that's it, not respec. It's called trascended class system.

For the part where you said you have to wait for PUG to be full, I'm sorry I wasn't able to get into details further, I was suggesting a "party" system instead to form groups. So let's say you're all 50 in a map, you can invite people to be part of your party which is a max of 5 (in PL), completing the 5 member group completes your PUG, yay, we can now do our runs together with 20 other parties of 5. Your next question would be, so many players in an instance, leeches omg, sorry again, I forgot to elaborate, a system called minimum-damage-xp is required to get this to work, for instance, you need to inflict at least 10% of a mob's total life to get a share of xp, gold, and loot. Like I said, I'm not sure why STS limited the instance to 5 (in PVE) or 3v3 (PVP) because players themselves can group together and do it themselves, instead, they spoon feed us and did it for us which, consequently, removes the feeling of actually being in a population...you feel so lonely, trust me, you're missing a lot on that aspect, it's a whole new world, it's like they put permanent support wheels on your bicycle. XD Other than that, I respect your opinion. Just shared anyway some of mine. Thanks.

PS: Gender has equipments specific to them, for instance, girl mages equips' are more squishy but has higher INT, male equips have more HP, but less INT. Something like that, it's a game changer in a sense that gender alone (aside from different classes) already adds diversity, not only the "look".
    I must say as a HUGE PL LOVER that your ideas are absolutely amazing!!!
    If you take the idea of summoning a creature or morphing that is exactly what I have always wished for in this game. I personally love the enchantress class because of its mysical type of play. Shooting lightning and so on and therefore reading your ideas I am just knocked out of my chair with excitement!!! I am a person who doesn't have alot of time to sit down and put their ideas here, so to read your first post on here I had to comment!!!
    BRAVO on all points!
    The only thing I can really comment on that I saw in a different light would be vanity items.
    I fully understand why you prefer to only buy the ones that have stat increases, but to point out the reason I think so many love them including myself is the diversity in players, which by the way you have brought out changing in other ways so again just awsome!!!

*** I love people with great ideas and passion for this game that don't post just to abuse the current system or other players***
    Just refreshing to read!
    Thank you Thank you Thank you

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    My beta oyster is level 35 already and decked out in copperhead set.

Name:  IMG00476-20111004-1647.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  153.9 KB
    Gee my Oyster is still deleted. I guess the devs didn't like it when I revealed their big mess up when Oysterra fell down and they deleted my Oyster permanently...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I think the devs where on the right track with the original Shadow caves and the portal that would "randomly" spawn at a mini boss. I would like to see a lot more content similar to that (which was sadly removed).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Econodeath View Post
    I must say as a HUGE PL LOVER that your ideas are absolutely amazing!!!
    If you take the idea of summoning a creature or morphing that is exactly what I have always wished for in this game. I personally love the enchantress class because of its mysical type of play. Shooting lightning and so on and therefore reading your ideas I am just knocked out of my chair with excitement!!! I am a person who doesn't have alot of time to sit down and put their ideas here, so to read your first post on here I had to comment!!!
    BRAVO on all points!
    The only thing I can really comment on that I saw in a different light would be vanity items.
    I fully understand why you prefer to only buy the ones that have stat increases, but to point out the reason I think so many love them including myself is the diversity in players, which by the way you have brought out changing in other ways so again just awsome!!!

*** I love people with great ideas and passion for this game that don't post just to abuse the current system or other players***
    Just refreshing to read!
    Thank you Thank you Thank you
    Thanks for appreciating my post, but, just to make things clear and for future reference, these are not my ideas entirely (sorta edited it a bit), but all of my points came from actual experience from several games...so in a way, I'm just quoting them XD I just like to share what you guys are missing out on and took advantage of this thread so players will not just "settle" for the current gameplay because there's so much more into MMO, this is not "it", so you will see me more of me being on the opposition side because it's the only way to force the game to evolve otherwise it'll just settle for mediocrity, this game has so much potential, then again, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of MMO's that flew high at the begining and failed miserably on the way up so PL is not an exemption...as early as now, people are on the "quitting" feeling especially the old ones...which is quite alarming because other MMO's had their players giving up on the game waaay longer than a year or 2...so, not a good trend, that's because they're victims of their own achievement, these are some of the things I believe that are crucial to this game's success as far as long-term, because it has been done in the past. Anyway, thanks again and hope to see you in-game XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I'd like to see more in-depth quests. Also, having more cyber-like quests would be fun.