Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jetpacks again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default jetpacks again?

So the jetpacks are back!? Though i didn't know y at first I found out it's because a sl app was released on chrome which is cool but I don't understand how the jetpacks got brought back it's neat but I was hoping for a new event like idk for a vanity pet.! So why did the jetpacks get brought back exactly?

SL: zombiemurder level 35 engineer skullkiller lvl 17 commando zombiedestroy lvl 3 operative PL: skullcrushed lvl8 archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Because the devs wanted to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Because sl and pl are in chrome web store now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

How did they get bought back? DotD?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I dunno but it seemed like a good way to unload the jetpacks i had till I saw they changed the quest to 150 kill instead of a thousand guess its back to making the new people happy again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I thought that was weird! I had a big jet Pack in less than an hour lol. I'm wondering if they brought it back to keep us busy until the update but you only need a total of 350 kills for them.. Which for a level 36 commando its not exactly challenging! Maybe the devs are trying to confuse us lol
    Proud Officer of Sparkling Pwnies|Sparkling Pwnies Boot Camp
    This is an original IRONART sig!
    http://i50.tinypic.com/2zqtnr7.png

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Yes, I'm guessing it was just a time passer. Something to keep us busy before Planet Volaria comes out.

Thanks Aaroniero Arruruerie for the awesome signature!
    Star Legends: Shaocalur, Vanished, Desolated
    Dark Legends: Vanished

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Just making it easy on the newbies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

But at 150 kills a jetpack it kept us busy for a total of 5 minutes lol. Oh well, I have a cool jet Pack now lol.
    Proud Officer of Sparkling Pwnies|Sparkling Pwnies Boot Camp
    This is an original IRONART sig!
    http://i50.tinypic.com/2zqtnr7.png

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

its good for people to peel away from their grindings to level 36 and good for lower levels to enjoy. it's tough at the vular part for level 20+.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I was kinda sad to see the Jetpack Chrome event again. Sure its a chance for new comers to get some cool exclusive Vanities but from what I have seen on the DOTD for the past week, all the exclusive vanities are no longer. Blast Shield, RIVET, Silver Jet Pack... And now the event starts so Chrome Jetpack will be much more common as well.

The only 3 Exclusive Rare Vanities left in the game ( this is my opinion ) are

Mechanical Man Helmet
    Squid Buddy
    X-Ray Visors

The prices alone speak for themselves. The only non trade-able Vanity that may end up rare is the R.I.P. Apple released the day Steve Jobs passed away. I wouldn't be surprised if that poped up in the future either.

/shakes my head & has very high hopes for the next update
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bakoffmycandy View Post
    I was kinda sad to see the Jetpack Chrome event again. Sure its a chance for new comers to get some cool exclusive Vanities but from what I have seen on the DOTD for the past week, all the exclusive vanities are no longer. Blast Shield, RIVET, Silver Jet Pack... And now the event starts so Chrome Jetpack will be much more common as well.

The only 3 Exclusive Rare Vanities left in the game ( this is my opinion ) are

Mechanical Man Helmet
    Squid Buddy
    X-Ray Visors

The prices alone speak for themselves. The only non trade-able Vanity that may end up rare is the R.I.P. Apple released the day Steve Jobs passed away. I wouldn't be surprised if that poped up in the future either.

/shakes my head & has very high hopes for the next update
    Exactly how I felt when I seen it buddy And for that reason I have logged on literally once today. May just stay away until new content, can't stand to be around this again.. too annoyed.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

R.I.P., and the chef hats/BBQ stuff. Otherwise, it's all been rereleased at some point (the Blast Shields have been DotD three times already).
    :|: Liathea - Rogue :|:
    :|: Liathea - Vamp :|: Arya - Vamp :|:
    :|: Liathea - Op :|: Briony - Engi :|: Kickpants - Comm :|:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roufus View Post
    Just making it easy on the newbies
    It has nothing to do with newbies. Only has to do with PL coming out on Chrome. And only noobs call people noobs.

To all of those complaining that there are no 'exclusive' vanities left....welcome to what PL has been going through for months.

Just enjoy what you already have/had, and be happy for those who get to get it now seeing as it doesn't radically alter something like Founder's Helm in PL did for low-level PvP.

Complaining about it will get you nowhere and just make you look bad, if nothing else....it was a free jetpack, for crying out loud. It's not as if anyone paid plat for something 'exclusive' and now it's being offered again for less or for free and people might have a legit gripe. It should be pretty obvious that StS re-offers items repeatedly.

Peace out.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 12-08-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    It's not as if anyone paid plat for something 'exclusive' and now it's being offered again for less or for free.
    That's exactly what's happened buddy, Silver pack being given out for free, while others paid Plat for them as it was 'advertised' as an exclusive one time only deal. (excluding limited time only offer effects)

I went on PL not long ago and the sets you can buy for plat are ridiculous, I bet i missed a few discussions about them on PL side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's just that when something like the Chrome event first happened, we all were under the impression that we were getting to experience a one-time-only thing, so it was a bit surprising to have the packs come back (and for 1/10th the kills requirements, at that). Not many things about SL annoy me, but I was pretty bummed when I heard the Chrome Droids were coming back. I also get annoyed if they start giving something away for free that I was required to pay plat for, like the silver jetpack. The silver pack was DotD just yesterday, so to see them for free today is particularly wrong, I feel. (Edit: well, looks like the packs from today don't grant antennae, so I suppose they are a bit different. Just barely, though.)

As for other vanities... Personally, I don't mind the recolors of other vanities for DotD, because it really isn't the same item. The "real" version is still uber rare, so "no harm, no foul" there. i never saw the Blast Shield as being an exclusive vanity, for some reason, but it has been offered three times now, where some of the other ones have only been DotD once... I'd like to see a little more balance there.
    Last edited by Liathea; 12-08-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    :|: Liathea - Rogue :|:
    :|: Liathea - Vamp :|: Arya - Vamp :|:
    :|: Liathea - Op :|: Briony - Engi :|: Kickpants - Comm :|:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Nothing in either game has proven to be a "one time only", so no one should be surprised. It has been happening (to our dispeasure, generally) in PL for months and starting to happen in SL. We could write probably the longest post in recent memory on the number of items that were thought to be 'exclusive' in PL end up being for sale....like 'exclusive' Fiery Antennas that were a reward for a contest for a few dozen folks that were very 'exclusive' and ended up being a DotD a few months later.

And Bod, the Chrome Jetpack and the Silver Pack are two separate items. One has a Google Chrome logo, one does not. You did not pay one single cent for your Chrome Backpack, as far as I know. The Silver Pack was offered yesterday, not the Chrome.

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It has nothing to do with newbies. Only has to do with PL coming out on Chrome. And only noobs call people noobs.

To all of those complaining that there are no 'exclusive' vanities left....welcome to what PL has been going through for months.

Just enjoy what you already have/had, and be happy for those who get to get it now seeing as it doesn't radically alter something like Founder's Helm in PL did for low-level PvP.

Complaining about it will get you nowhere and just make you look bad, if nothing else....it was a free jetpack, for crying out loud. It's not as if anyone paid plat for something 'exclusive' and now it's being offered again for less or for free and people might have a legit gripe. It should be pretty obvious that StS re-offers items repeatedly.

Peace out.
    Saw this in PL a while ago. That is why I chose to leave PL & stay on SL. I am not complaining by any means, just voicing my opinion. one of the factors in choosing to stay with SL was how much of a fresh start it was. I had x2 lvl 60's geared from Nuri's & left shortly after that. I would like to believe that STS can take opinions like these as constructive criticism & learn from it. I am but a humble gamer hoping that our Voiced Opinions matter.

Side note : Blast Shield was kind of rare. A lot of people miss out on DOTD offers at times & it wasnt a vanity you saw every one wearing until recently. Just seems to me that all the more exclusive offers you don't see often have all been offered with in a weeks span.
    Last edited by Bakoffmycandy; 12-08-2011 at 08:11 PM.
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bakoffmycandy View Post
    Saw this in PL a while ago. That is why I chose to leave PL & stay on SL. I am not complaining by any means, just voicing my opinion. one of the factors in choosing to stay with SL was how much of a fresh start it was. I had x2 lvl 60's geared from Nuri's & left shortly after that. I would like to believe that STS can take opinions like these as constructive criticism & learn from it. I am but a humble gamer hoping that our Voiced Opinions are heard.

Side note : Blast Shield was kind of rare. A lot of people miss out on DOTD offers at times & it wasnt a vanity you saw every one wearing until recently. Just seems to me that all the more exclusive offers you don't see often have all been offered with in a weeks span.
    STS is a business, as we all know. STS wants people to stay interested in the game. STS realizes that if some people who love gear and vanities can't get certain fun stuff like Blast Shields, Chrome Jetpacks, Pumpkin Heads, Blue Antennas, that they tend to get frustrated or fade off which of course equals no plat being bought. I am not saying I personally care for 'exclusive' stuff being re-offered, quite the contrary (being the owner of the previously 'exclusive' Fiery Antennas in PL before they were DoTD). But we have to realize that everything that STS has mostly done as of late is making the game less hardcore (especially PL) and more casual, and kindler/happier/gentler as far as the availability of cool/fun/vanity items.

People are obviously buying a lot of the extras and DOTD....it would be stupid of them not to re-offer popular money-makers. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one is "wrong", but I think this is just gonna not gain any traction with them from a business perspective...in my (often wrong) opinion. Bowing out of this thread, have at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

And Bod, the Chrome Jetpack and the Silver Pack are two separate items. One has a Google Chrome logo, one does not. You did not pay one single cent for your Chrome Backpack, as far as I know. The Silver Pack was offered yesterday, not the Chrome.
    I hadn't mentioned the Chrome JPs just the Silver, and tomato.. tomato if you mean they are different because of a symbol.

Like some others here just voicing, if your (people in general) offended in any way I apologize but its not going to make any difference to how some feel about it.