Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Futumsh..i bought a new device just so i can play AL w/o glitches

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Futumsh..i bought a new device just so i can play AL w/o glitches

Just so i can play arcane legends without the glitches ive been describing in these post i bought a new android smartphone and what i discovered is that its actually worse. I recorded a video of my skills failing in guildhall but im sorta inept when it comes to new technology and i cant log into forum on that device. I want to ask if ud consider that my account could be bugged. Or something. I bought a new devise dude. And its straight out of the box. And i cant charge my skills its even worse than my samsung tablet. Im not a troll. U closed the last post i made about this issue otherwise id have posted it there. Ill post the video when i figure out how. I invite u to try my account. Ill give u the passwords and u can try it urself.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Just one more thing is that the glitch occurs on multiple accounts.it seems to be happening only when im charging a skill and moving. I created a separate account just to see if it wouldnt glitch, but it did.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,889 Posts

Can you write a brief, clear explanation of exactly what you're doing and exactly what you're seeing?

What I'm doing:
    * Start charging a skill (testing with shadow piercer but shouldn't matter), keep holding it down while it's fully charged.
    * Run around a bunch. It stays charged until I let go.

I do see the particle effect go away after 30 seconds or so of keeping it charged, but the skill still works.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Ill be happy to describe it the best i can but its nothing that isnt ordinary.

1. Upon appearing in a zone i use directional pad
    2. While still using directional pad i will proceed to charge skill
    a) while moving non-linearly (i.e. walking in circles, curved, turning corners, moving 180 degrees) and still charging skill, toon starts to visibly shake as the d-pad suddelny changes direction to the opposite direction i was moving causing me to 'fight' against the uncontrolled movement, hence the shaking.
    b) charged skill activates while still holding button while making these non-linear movements

Note: this only occurs when both d-pad and skills are used simultaneously

Note: ive tested various control setting. Currently the d-pad is configured to the virtual joystick tracking setting

My phone Model C210AE
    Android version 8.1.0
    Software version C210AE-V02.70.SPT.
    10-Oreo-8.1-USA

The above only applies to the phone ive detailed but similar effects also occur while using a samsung galaxy tab a but only under duress such as in pvp and much less frequently than on the phone in the description above.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Unless its a problem specific to a region or something (because Ive tried various wifi spots and now 2 different moble devices. Albeit the phone i have is low end the tablet's a samsung and i experience this to a lesser degree while using it also. But the phone is near-completely unusable for playing AL[i'll try to find another game i can play to test the controls]. I cant use the skills and the d-pad simultaneously at all in e.s.g. So, what im saying is...) its highly unlikely that this isnt a commonly occuring problem and is isolated to me.

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,889 Posts

I'd love to hear from someone that has this problem with a more mainstream device. I can't even find anywhere to get that one.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Samsaungs pretty mainstream. https://world.wikomobile.com/ <-------- but u can buy a phone like mine here. The webpage came up when i typed c210ae in the searchbar.

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,889 Posts

Except that I don't find your specific device anywhere there.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I noticed that too and i tried to email them but it says my email adress is invalid. Good grief.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

There are so many skill bugs in this game. Im convinced some of the glitches like when the controls freeze even when i have shield activated and gale force are bugged. Unless u actually spend hours playing its not likely detected unless u ACTUALLY PLAY THE game to the extent i do.

But many of these issues might exsist because Google (they own android) has acknowledged the Oreo operating system has touch screen malfunctions that they reportedly fixed in a patch but i couldnt find a way to make it work. Its surprising the devs at STS didnt already know about this and it might have saved us all a lot of time and money because ill avoid buying android in the future.

Im going to try to root my device to see if that helps but i havent ever done anything like that before and im a little hesitant. One things for sure, im terribly dissapointed in Android and not impressed with the Tech support given on this forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I've faced some issues charging skills as well. But this is not just restricted to skills. Often times the UI becomes unresponsive and anything/anywhere I touch is not "idenrified" or "acknowledged". And speaking of skills, I've seen the clock skill (I'm a mage) being negated very often, and by negated I mean that upon its usage the clock's animation plays but the clock doesn't fall as it should normally have but the skill is used, meaning I've lost MP (not an issue at all) and I've told sit through the cooldown of the skill before I can use it again (very big issue).
    Not sure if I should post this in here, but since OP had an issue with skills not being charged as did I, I felt like I should.
    Would be great to have dev input on this issue being addressed.