Thread: Suggestion @ Changing Shamans Set bonus & Marsh Elixirs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Suggestion @ Changing Shamans Set bonus & Marsh Elixirs

Festerfang's expansion was really fun, despite the expansion being out for quite awhile, there are still some things that were added to assist with the new zone and so forth.

One of the things I've noticed is that there is a shaman set which extended the time of marsh elixirs by 50%.

First things first -- The only time I've seen players using marsh elixirs was back when the aura was able to be seen in towns. People used them to "look cool" while afk, good times xD.

Now, You guys have added the Mireguard set which consists of 3/3 and 6/6. Understandable.
    This set provides a wide range of bonuses to players that wear it, So it would be clearly reasonable to use this particular set in it's dedicated zone.

Shamans set provides extended elixir time. That's it.
    It's a 3/3 set which provides extended time for an elixir that is quite time consuming to create. Now this isn't the issue.
    The issue is the fact that there's a whole set dedicated to extending elixir time for an elixir nobody is very much interested in.

So I've though about how to approach this for some time and I figured that perhaps this would make both the Shaman's set and the Elixirs more frequently used among the community.

Shaman's set - Instead of having 50% extended time, Provide instead double or perhaps triple the strength of the elixir.
    This way it would most certainly seem more reasonable to sacrifice 6/6 mire set for 3/3 mire + 3/3 shaman.

Marsh elixirs - The current usage time for each separate elixir is currently 5 minutes. This also doesn't count down in towns (thankfully).
    The time required to not only farm tokens + spirits, but a 2 hour crafting time for an elixir that lasts for 5 minutes In a zone that takes up to 30 minutes to complete -- give or take depending on if you have a decent group or not. Most certainly not worth the time and effort.
    And the fact that there are more useful items you can purchase and obtain with tokens opposed to spirit vials for these elixirs just adds onto the fact.

My proposal is that you extend the Elixirs time, up to 15 or 20 minutes, and adjust the shamans set so that it gives 2x or 3x elixir strength.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to marzeg For This Useful Post: