Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The future of PL ... long term recommendations; my most important post for this year

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    This is getting very, very troubling. A lot of posts have been deleted and threads locked.

After the holidays, I think that we as a community want some sort of a response.
    I think most of us have earned the right to have those responses sooner.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Thank you WhoIsThis, for the best post I have ever read on the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

op - i dont know who you are, i dont know what you do for a living but sts should send you a constulting fee for taking the time to bridge the Gap between players and sts, well said, well said and well said

you have your words put exactlly on the pulse of how we as the characters feel, and should have shed light on that pl is a biz, and sts should make health money for the devs!! if these "things" are implimented i will be the first in line to stay, and sign up to the new benifits.

i am in this only for pvp, and love to take time out to kill bosses and help lower lvl ppl lvl up... i spend 200 - 400 in us dollars a month, and honestly am thinking of not spending any more plat cuz really cant justify the money based on the value i get out of the prestent system (there are some suttle changes i would like to see with vanity, and making end game players not all look the same - and willing to pay for it)

sts i am so impressed with what you guys have done!! keep up the good work - dont let us down!!!

mej

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mejslll For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

this should be a sticky. Imo

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I think most of us have earned the right to have those responses sooner.
    Agreed - the events of the Winter Festival have increased the urgency.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hello,

I agree with you 100 %. Good job!

STS have to bring more fresh features in SL and PL.
    Last edited by Hans; 12-27-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Hello,

The real question right now is not whether or not the community believes that PL has stagnated or not. The real question is what (and if) actions will be taken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis:535442
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Hello,

The real question right now is not whether or not the community believes that PL has stagnated or not. The real question is what (and if) actions will be taken.
    No, actually, that is not the real question. Not at all.

That is not the real question right now, it has never been the real question, and if things continue the way they are going, it will never be the real question.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Aikiebo what was the point of that?
    Do u like to hear yourself talk too?
    Last edited by Fncrazy; 01-11-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

A wonderful post, took me a while to read. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I honestly dont think I have anything to add that has not been brought up or considered. This is a thread from an active, dedicated, actually good player... a dying breed.

I guess I can simply give my opinion on certain issues you bring up, although that is pretty one sided...

-The GoA and AoA situation has frankly been discussed to shreds. If it comes to it all being deleted, well, it was a nice long run. But you cannot deny that some of the members of both programs DO deserve the titles they earned. What we need is a re-evaluation, not a wipe, although that would doubtlessly hurt many, many feelings. Heck, I'll admit to not have being top notch material when I was awarded, though I have since striven for proving it.
    -I have not been able to experience anything past sewers, but if it is really being described as "pre Ao3 nerf" then I pity the fools. seriously, if it has been left like that, along with STS' recent drug-pushing habits and an influx of susceptible new players, we have passed the point of no return. They are USED to it now.
    -I honestly cannot tell if the devs are or are not up to their old habits of patrolling the forums as they used to. Obviously, they have grown less jaunty and more public-shunning, but there is nothing more player-base-inducing that responsive and accessible developers. How in hell do you think it all started out so well?
    -It is really hard to accurately value a virtual item... the value that the owners of valuable stuff put on it is the time spent getting it, and the value that people who dont have it place on it is the abstract and frankly arbitrary price placed by the above owners. We really cant blame it on STS, getting the balance right the first time is nearly impossible, and any subsequent changes are usually resented.

question: is Royce OFFICIALLY gone? He left, came back, left, came back again, etc as far as I can remember, but did it finally get to be too much or what? I honestly owe my own GoAhood to his example to follow...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default what happened?

What happened? I remember the old pl before grinders were considered "cool". People would meet others from around the world and have nice conversations and level up with each other. No one would be strongly rewarded for grinding.

Pve was full of fun and mildly difficult levels,(why did you take away the original forest haven levels, they contained good memories.)

Pvp I can't talk about because I started about a year into the game:/.

Money didn't make you better. Prices were reasonable. Almost all of the oldies left and alterra was thrown into chaos.

The one thing I've been happy with is the guild system. It is very well organized rank wise.
    godessofpower lvl53
    tipgoger lvl31
    racehere lvl27

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    -The GoA and AoA situation has frankly been discussed to shreds. If it comes to it all being deleted, well, it was a nice long run. But you cannot deny that some of the members of both programs DO deserve the titles they earned. What we need is a re-evaluation, not a wipe, although that would doubtlessly hurt many, many feelings. Heck, I'll admit to not have being top notch material when I was awarded, though I have since striven for proving it.
    -I have not been able to experience anything past sewers, but if it is really being described as "pre Ao3 nerf" then I pity the fools. seriously, if it has been left like that, along with STS' recent drug-pushing habits and an influx of susceptible new players, we have passed the point of no return. They are USED to it now.
    -I honestly cannot tell if the devs are or are not up to their old habits of patrolling the forums as they used to. Obviously, they have grown less jaunty and more public-shunning, but there is nothing more player-base-inducing that responsive and accessible developers. How in hell do you think it all started out so well?

1. A viable option. At this point, though, I have serious doubts about the potential of both programs. GoA I agree there are players that do deserve the distinction and there are those that don't. Perhaps a thorough re-evaluation as you propose should be in order.

2. Nothing truly new has been introduced since guilds. The monsters too look pretty unoriginal.

3. The devs appear to be relatively inactive in threads and far less receptive towards feedback. The winter festival was handled particularly poorly and does not bode well. But yes, I agree that the long term future of PL is very much in doubt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

U really don't make sense.... XD btw I only have purchased 200 platinum, why u talking about "only"? Let's see how many people have something to say back to me-.-
    P.S: everyone
    Jugernuget (66) Proud Member of Hella Good
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63456&dateline=1329747605 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1329747605</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I meant "only" as a relatively small figure compared to some hard core players. Note the quotes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis:540209
    GoA I agree there are players that do deserve the distinction and there are those that don't.
    That is not accurate. All the GoAs deserve the distinction they earned. There were a couple who made some mistakes during Rage Fest. But, people are entitled to make mistakes. We all do. They should not be stripped of their honor.

-----------------------------------------

Nothing truly new has been introduced since guilds.
    This is obvioiusly incorrect.

The monsters too look pretty unoriginal.
    Who cares, lol. Do you realize that in most games the goblins that attacked us when we were level 6 look exactly like the goblins that attack us at higher levels?

Do you think that the 1 million plus people who play PL every month care that the zombies look the same at high levels as they do in Forest Haven. Why would anyone care about this?

Oh, wait, I know, it is something to complain about.

------------------------------------------

The devs appear to be relatively inactive in threads and far less receptive towards feedback.
    Again, totally incorrect. They prove everyday how receptive they are to feedback and how the player's concerns are foremost.

The winter festival was handled particularly poorly and does not bode well.

But yes, I agree that the long term future of PL is very much in doubt.
    On this point, I agree with you to some extent. All though, our reasons for feeling this way are different.
    Yes, I feel the devs should have handled Rage Fest a bit differently. They should have ended it way, way, waaayyy sooner then they did. Now, I TOTALLY realize the reason they didn't is because they were trying to be decent and show concerns for player's feedback. In other words, they were trying to do the right thing. And look how people treated them.

Devs of other game forums would have ended that mess a lot sooner.

the long term future of PL is very much in doubt.
    This is an opinion that is has no basis in reality at all. There is no logic to support this what so ever. There is not one shred of evidence to support this. And quite a few pieces to discredit it. The idea is ridiculous.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Aikiebo, what do you have to contribute to this thread but discord? So far you have said that I am incorrect and nothing else. So far, it seems that what you have said has more opinion than anything else. You have said that I am incorrect but have not said anything as to why.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 01-15-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Shouldn't it be standard to have re-evaluations on a regular basis? The only reason why I don't seeing it be required is because STS stated that GoA's have no responsibilities other then to not break their honor. AoA should be re-evaluated on a regular basis, because they represent STS in a way and their performance has to stay excellent.

As for any of the GoA's doing something unworthy of the Shield, or something worthy of stripping the shield, I doubt it. I'm gonna use police as comparison. If a police officer does something wrong, do they strip him of his badge? Only if it is a major enough of a mistake. Most officers make their mistakes because they are doing what they think is the right thing. That is what made them want to be a police officer in the first place. Yeah there are a few corrupt ones out there, that is why you do evaluations to root them out.

I don't know any of the GoA's personally, but I have never seen one step out of line. Players have accused Apollo of this during rage fest 2011, but to me it was necessarily. Even though he did slightly take a stand against STS during that, he still provided viable feedback and proved to the community exactly why he earned the Guardian of Alterra status.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

At this point, it would seem that the existing GoAs are entrenched. Basically, it seems to be one of those things that you get and you can maintain by doing more or less nothing. Whether this is the best solution is a matter of debate. But it seems to be the way that things are.

I'd have to agree though that a thorough re-evaluation is in order or to scrap the program and re-nominate from ground up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

TRUTH! I remember when gold potions were 2k each for 2x whatever, and they had an option for speed. Now its 2k for 1.5x . ALL THEY ARE AFTER IS MONEY! I can't even enjoy the game now.
    Arcanastorm 54 Bird
    CosmosJ 55 Mega Mage (In need of Lv55 MM Bracer)
    Balkyor 15 Bear